• inkypete

• A Smug Dill

• AmandaW

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I just ordered this set of B5 notebooks:

81pEQ11nDDL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

and these too:

615y0LiFxRL._AC_SL1000_.jpg 61SA1cjuqJL._AC_SL1000_.jpg 61JtJmxn49L._AC_SL1000_.jpg 61xDfDsR4xL._AC_SL1000_.jpg 61qZcwSjq3L._AC_SL1000_.jpg

For my wife, of course!

While I was at it, a Life Noble A4 notebook with ruled pages as well. I didn't jump on it last time it was offered at a similarly discounted price, and that offer was withdrawn within hours. Not holding off pulling the trigger this time.

I endeavour to be frank and truthful in what I write, show or otherwise present, when I relate my first-hand experiences that are not independently verifiable; and link to third-party content where I can, when I make a claim or refute a statement of fact in a thread. If there is something you can verify for yourself, I entreat you to do so, and judge for yourself what is right, correct, and valid. I may be wrong, and my position or say-so is no more authoritative and carries no more weight than anyone else's here.

To my mild surprise, these two orders — placed nine days apart — both arrived today, delivered (by Australia Post in each case) less than three hours apart.

large.Orderof4HobonichiPlainA5notebooksarrivedtoday.jpg.a395a547de5d98db4632b974e100a9dc.jpg

large.Orderof8HobonichiPlainA5notebooksarrivedtoday.jpg.34b39feee3645b14e0ee56ecdc7e686f.jpg

large.AdozenHobonichiPlainA5notebooksarrivedtoday.jpg.11acbd5ca6df79a0ef0df2003211aeec.jpg

At this point, without testing against known samples of each, I can only assume these Hobonichi Plain notebooks still use ‘old’ Tomoe River paper produced on Tomoegawa's “machine number 7” (not that I was ever a fan of that paper), as opposed to Tomoe River S by Sanzen.

I endeavour to be frank and truthful in what I write, show or otherwise present, when I relate my first-hand experiences that are not independently verifiable; and link to third-party content where I can, when I make a claim or refute a statement of fact in a thread. If there is something you can verify for yourself, I entreat you to do so, and judge for yourself what is right, correct, and valid. I may be wrong, and my position or say-so is no more authoritative and carries no more weight than anyone else's here.

OMG, did I just get a Moleskine notebook?

large.MilligramSydneySneakPeekgoodiesbag.jpg.d8e68733cb890b27b8f9f06de86fca19.jpg

16 hours ago, A Smug Dill said:

I just ordered this set of B5 notebooks:

81pEQ11nDDL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

and these too:

615y0LiFxRL._AC_SL1000_.jpg 61SA1cjuqJL._AC_SL1000_.jpg 61JtJmxn49L._AC_SL1000_.jpg 61xDfDsR4xL._AC_SL1000_.jpg 61qZcwSjq3L._AC_SL1000_.jpg

For my wife, of course!

While I was at it, a Life Noble A4 notebook with ruled pages as well. I didn't jump on it last time it was offered at a similarly discounted price, and that offer was withdrawn within hours. Not holding off pulling the trigger this time.

Oh!!!!!!!!!!!  Those Peanuts notebooks!!  Oh my! Those are so absolutely cool. I love the looks of them. Although the Snoopy snout looks more like the 1950s version, and I like the 1960s version of a longer snout the best.  Where did you find these?

Posted Image

11 hours ago, A Smug Dill said:

OMG, did I just get a Moleskine notebook?

large.MilligramSydneySneakPeekgoodiesbag.jpg.d8e68733cb890b27b8f9f06de86fca19.jpg

Is it for your wife?

Posted Image

3 hours ago, Misfit said:

Although the Snoopy snout looks more like the 1950s version, and I like the 1960s version of a longer snout the best.  Where did you find these?

The seller is Amazon Japan, by way of Amazon.com.au. I already got my wife a pack of Snoopy limited edition Zebra Sarasa Clip gel pens (which appears to have since sold out) and this notebook set:

91J8CuVU5IL._AC_SL1500_.jpg 91xdEf+bz3L._AC_SL1500_.jpg A1xQF3V--aL._AC_SL1500_.jpg 91Yg9n+CPuL._AC_SL1500_.jpg 91EAO3+gDSL._AC_SL1500_.jpg  61sAk-je7aL._AC_SL1010_.jpg

for her birthday earlier. I also like the more modern Snoopy better, having grown up with Snoopy always looking like that; but there's something quaint about the vintage Snoopy that I haven't seen before, and I think she might enjoy that.

3 hours ago, Misfit said:

Is it for your wife?

No, those are the contents of the goodies bag I got last night, compliments of Milligram. My wife was also a registered guest at the event, so she got her own bag, in which everything is the same except for the greeting cards; one of the cards she got was a birthday card with the message, ”Happy birthday, ya (bleep)!” and illustrated with a cactus. She has already joked that she should send that card to me, and I send that other card to her.

So far none of the Snoopy notebooks posted have that long snout. A7 is kind of small. I need you Snoopy.  

But if you scroll down in the listing, it says they are B5 semi. 

I ordered a set of the Peanuts notebooks @lascosas found. I got my Mom a Sleep Number bed with head and foot raising.  I was looking at bed assist bars on Amazon already, so that was in the order too. You can only place bed assist options where they won’t affect the mechanisms that lift and lower the bed. Basically at the head and foot of the bed. 

Posted Image

I found a different Snoopy notebook: 

Snoopy hardcover notebook large.IMG_0367.jpeg.bf51b8fba4c41db0ec3e4a05323c254c.jpeg

Top 5 of 24 currently inked pens:

MontBlanc 144 IB, Herbin Orange Indien/ Wearingeul Frost

Salz Peter Pan 18k gold filled filligree fine flex/ Waterman Serenity Blue 

Brute Force Designs resin pen FNF ultraflex, Herbin Lie de Thé/Wearingeul Emerald Castle

Pilot Silvern Dragon IB, Iroshizuku Kiri-Same

Wahl-Eversharp Skyline F Flex, R&K “Blue-Eyed Mary”

always looking for penguin fountain pens and stationery 

I went looking for the Peanuts Zebra Sarasa pens in Smug’s photo. Found them on Etsy where the price would be $26+ with shipping from Hong Kong.  I remembered the Peanuts items I bought earlier this year.  I recall not wanting all the Sarasa pens. Here is what I got:

large.IMG_0044.jpeg.7cff906cbb46356e0fb80a75fecb52af.jpeg

I really wanted the Snoopy Astronaut pens, and got a single Sarasa with Snoopy and Woodstock at a typewriter. I also got the long eraser and washi tape. So evidently I need the notebooks only. This is correct because none of my many Peanuts customizable multi pens from Zebra and Pilot Hi-Tec-C Coleto are in the photos. 

Here is where some of my Peanuts items live. 

large.IMG_0043.jpeg.b1d8e927e3962e3fc9f05d3e487bd536.jpeg

Posted Image

1 hour ago, Misfit said:

I really wanted the Snoopy Astronaut pens,

Those were, and are, already in my Amazon shopping cart. Haven't yet pulled the trigger on them for AUD $11.40 (~US$7.25), though.

1 hour ago, A Smug Dill said:

Those were, and are, already in my Amazon shopping cart. Haven't yet pulled the trigger on them for AUD $11.40 (~US$7.25), though.

I checked what I paid, and it was $18.25. Wow! That’s a lot. I’d say buy them at the price you mentioned. 

Posted Image

Okay, I will admit to lurking here for a while... but now that I too sprung for @Misfit's Snoopy find, I'll own up.

Just pressed the Buy Now button on them. Been a lifelong Snoopy fan and I do prefer the later, more goofy Snoopy...

a fountain pen is physics in action... Proud member of the SuperPinks

fpn_1425200643__fpn_1425160066__super_pi

Followed Penguincollector's citation for more Snoopy notebooks.  There could be an entirely new thread called I'm a sad pathetic Snoopy stationery junky.  Just from that one Aliexpress store there are 35 Snoopy notebooks!

11.png

I promise to stop after this one.  The problem with all of the Aliexpress notebooks is the quality of the paper, binding, etc.  Unknown and probably questionable.  Nakabayashi Logical Air Notebooks on the other hand are known commodities, and in my opinion, very nice fountain pen friendly paper and notebooks, though I have the Logical Prime and these are Logical Air.  So here are 2 more of the B5, 30 sheet, 5 Snoopy notebook packs:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B019I687UQ/ref=ox_sc_act_title_3?smid=A2A0DV2XFTX6G8&psc=1

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01NCQ84PR/ref=ox_sc_act_title_4?smid=A3GZEOQINOCL0Y&psc=1

12.png

11.png

17 hours ago, Penguincollector said:

I found a different Snoopy notebook: 

Snoopy hardcover notebook large.IMG_0367.jpeg.bf51b8fba4c41db0ec3e4a05323c254c.jpeg

I was intrigued by these, but after seeing that one declares "YOU ARE A VERY LOVING PERSON AND YOUR LIFE WILL BE FILLED WITH SCENT," while another gives Sally's last name as Broww, I decided I could pass.

4 hours ago, eatandoph said:

I was intrigued by these, but after seeing that one declares "YOU ARE A VERY LOVING PERSON AND YOUR LIFE WILL BE FILLED WITH SCENT," while another gives Sally's last name as Broww, I decided I could pass.

Wow, Sally Broww.  Unfortunate typo, or something. Ms. Brown would not be amused. 

Posted Image