I'm A Sad, Pathetic Stationery Junkie.

KreepyKen

I was watching a news show. A guest had a notebook, open, with handwritten notes. Kind of cool to see a notebook that is being used on TV. 

Posted Image

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Misfit

• inkypete

• A Smug Dill

• AmandaW

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 hour ago, Misfit said:

I was watching a news show. A guest had a notebook, open, with handwritten notes. Kind of cool to see a notebook that is being used on TV. 

I've seen commentators and especially interviewers on the BBC using notebooks as reminders of comments or questions.  I haven't seen one using a fountain pen though.

I am waiting on a box of 100 penguin shaped paper clips, and finally, Cosmo Air Snow A5. 

Top 5 of 24 currently inked pens:

MontBlanc 144 IB, Herbin Orange Indien/ Wearingeul Frost

Salz Peter Pan 18k gold filled filligree fine flex/ Waterman Serenity Blue 

Brute Force Designs resin pen FNF ultraflex, Herbin Lie de Thé/Wearingeul Emerald Castle

Pilot Silvern Dragon IB, Iroshizuku Kiri-Same

Wahl-Eversharp Skyline F Flex, R&K “Blue-Eyed Mary”

always looking for penguin fountain pens and stationery 

I was such a weak, pathetic junkie. The Lochby email had dented and scratched offerings at 50% off.  I ordered a Venture pen pouch and two sizes of their notebooks with 68gsm Tomoe paper. After I ordered, I saw the size of the Venture pouch. It’s much bigger than I expected. I didn’t even look at that before ordering. Pathetic. Ugh, just weak and pathetic. 

On a side note, the Nintendo Animal Crossings New Horizons game has characters who talk about writing things down. One even lost his journal that my character returned. They read books too. 

Posted Image

18 hours ago, Penguincollector said:

I am waiting on a box of 100 penguin shaped paper clips, and finally, Cosmo Air Snow A5. 

too cute

Fountain pens are my preferred COLOR DELIVERY SYSTEM (in part because crayons melt in Las Vegas).

Create a Ghostly Avatar and I'll send you a letter. Check out some Ink comparisons: The Great PPS Comparison 

Don't know where to start?  Look at the Inky Topics O'day.  Then, see inks sorted by color: Blue Purple Brown Red Green Dark Green Orange Black Pinks Yellows Blue-Blacks Grey/Gray UVInks Turquoise/Teal MURKY

9 hours ago, Misfit said:

I was such a weak, pathetic junkie. The Lochby email had dented and scratched offerings at 50% off.  I ordered a Venture pen pouch and two sizes of their notebooks with 68gsm Tomoe paper. After I ordered, I saw the size of the Venture pouch. It’s much bigger than I expected. I didn’t even look at that before ordering. Pathetic. Ugh, just weak and pathetic. 

On a side note, the Nintendo Animal Crossings New Horizons game has characters who talk about writing things down. One even lost his journal that my character returned. They read books too. 

I look forward to seeing the Venture pen.

Fountain pens are my preferred COLOR DELIVERY SYSTEM (in part because crayons melt in Las Vegas).

Create a Ghostly Avatar and I'll send you a letter. Check out some Ink comparisons: The Great PPS Comparison 

Don't know where to start?  Look at the Inky Topics O'day.  Then, see inks sorted by color: Blue Purple Brown Red Green Dark Green Orange Black Pinks Yellows Blue-Blacks Grey/Gray UVInks Turquoise/Teal MURKY

50 minutes ago, amberleadavis said:

I look forward to seeing the Venture pen.

The Venture pen pouch is 9” x 4.75”. I don’t know why, but I was expecting it to be smaller. Hopefully I’ll like it. 

And I could have ordered instead things I’d truly use, like clips for Kaweco pens. The owner of Lochby did send an appreciative email acknowledging a second order.  

Posted Image

I have to confess $$$s are a bit short at Inkypete's house. In a bit of strife. So nothing new for two weeks. I feel like I have let the team down

http://img356.imageshack.us/img356/7260/postminipo0.png

@inkypete you could never let the team down. I’m foolishly spending in retail therapy. I need to stop because I suspect I’m borrowing from my future. Ugh, and not researching items properly before buying. Stupid stupid stupid. (Plus, didn’t your Daiso close?)

Posted Image

I wouldn't otherwise ’bother’ with Hobonichi, not because I hold anything against the brand, but simply that it's relatively expensive and I'm not a fan of the old Tomoe River FP 52gsm paper. However, on the weekend I saw a 24%(?) temporary price drop sticker against Amazon AU's listing of the “Graph” Cousin‡ notebooks — sold and shipped by Amazon Japan — and, on a lark, placed an order of three of them, at an effective price of <A$15 each, on my way out the door in the morning (being frogmarched all over the place for my wife's birthday activities).

By the time we got home late in the afternoon, the status of the item listing has become “Currently unavailable. We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock.” and has stayed that way since. An alternative listing for apparently the same product under a different title, sold and shipped by either Amazon US or Amazon UK, has prices close to $60.

The same product can be ordered directly from Hobonichi, for A$17 each (inclusive of 10% tax, perhaps not on account of Japan's consumption tax that does not apply to direct exports, but Australia's GST which applies also to imports is at the same rate), up to a maximum of ten units per order. Shipping is $42 for one unit, or $58 for ten units.

Let's see if Amazon will fulfil my order!

Otherwise known officially as the Hobonichi Plain Notebook, A5 size, 288 pages, not dated or otherwise numbered, with orange covers. 

I endeavour to be frank and truthful in what I write, show or otherwise present, when I relate my first-hand experiences that are not independently verifiable; and link to third-party content where I can, when I make a claim or refute a statement of fact in a thread. If there is something you can verify for yourself, I entreat you to do so, and judge for yourself what is right, correct, and valid. I may be wrong, and my position or say-so is no more authoritative and carries no more weight than anyone else's here.

1 hour ago, A Smug Dill said:

I wouldn't otherwise ’bother’ with Hobonichi, not because I hold anything against the brand, but simply that it's relatively expensive and I'm not a fan of the old Tomoe River FP 52gsm paper. However, on the weekend I saw a 24%(?) temporary price drop sticker against Amazon AU's listing of the “Graph” Cousin‡ notebooks — sold and shipped by Amazon Japan — and, on a lark, placed an order of three of them, at an effective price of <A$15 each, on my way out the door in the morning (being frogmarched all over the place for my wife's birthday activities).

By the time we got home late in the afternoon, the status of the item listing has become “Currently unavailable. We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock.” and has stayed that way since. An alternative listing for apparently the same product under a different title, sold and shipped by either Amazon US or Amazon UK, has prices close to $60.

The same product can be ordered directly from Hobonichi, for A$17 each (inclusive of 10% tax, perhaps not on account of Japan's consumption tax that does not apply to direct exports, but Australia's GST which applies also to imports is at the same rate), up to a maximum of ten units per order. Shipping is $42 for one unit, or $58 for ten units.

Let's see if Amazon will fulfil my order!

Otherwise known officially as the Hobonichi Plain Notebook, A5 size, 288 pages, not dated or otherwise numbered, with orange covers. 

Keep us informed as to the final outcome.

“Don't put off till tomorrow what you can do today, because if you do it today and like it, you can do again tomorrow!”

7 hours ago, Misfit said:

@inkypete you could never let the team down. I’m foolishly spending in retail therapy. I need to stop because I suspect I’m borrowing from my future. Ugh, and not researching items properly before buying. Stupid stupid stupid. (Plus, didn’t your Daiso close?)

My closest Daiso did but there are others. Daiso is good because you can buy a few things for not much money.

I couldn't help it, the price is low and so I went for it and ordered some inks, the notebooks were ordered so as to qualify for free postage!

Cult Pens Notebooks Set of 3 A5 × 1
Rhodia Classic Stapled Notebook A5 (148 x 210) Black × 5
Dotgrid

Cult Pens Exclusive Wonders of the World Ink by Diamine 30ml × 1
Colosseum

Petra

Christ the Redeemer
£2.75

Machu Picchu

Chichen Itza

Taj Mahal

I placed an order from Jet Pens. I was looking at the Lihit Lab book style pen case on amazon. In the reviews, I saw a red one. So I looked at what Jet Pens had. They had it in coral, so I added that to the cart. Also added was a No. 13 Rhodia pad in ice white lined, a couple Midliner highlighters, a pair of Tools To Live By scissors and some Jet Pens blue ink cartridges. I’m thinking it’s my happy birthday to me items. My b-day is later this month. 

As for Hobonichi, I’ve discovered the Weeks version does not work for me. It’s similar to the Travelers Notebook Weekly plus Memo but smaller. I used to use the TN, which was usually enough to write about the day.  An A5 notebook became the daily entries. And thus, a use for all the Leuchtturm notebooks I’ve been buying is there. Unless my life changes, I’d say I’m set for awhile. 

Posted Image

2 hours ago, inkypete said:

My closest Daiso did but there are others. Daiso is good because you can buy a few things for not much money.

Oh that’s good. There are no Daiso stores in my part of the Midwest. Sigh. 

Posted Image

2 hours ago, Misfit said:

Oh that’s good. There are no Daiso stores in my part of the Midwest. Sigh. 

Their paper products generally are very good and they have a few very cheap FPs that can be fun to play with. I also like their binders and palm cards.

3 hours ago, inkypete said:

Their paper products generally are very good and they have a few very cheap FPs that can be fun to play with. I also like their binders and palm cards.

The closest one to me is 168 miles away. Somewhere in New York!

Guess I won't be going soon ;-((

“Don't put off till tomorrow what you can do today, because if you do it today and like it, you can do again tomorrow!”

I’m in the KC Missouri metro area, and the closest Daiso is in Texas. So it’s 420 miles away. Which does make a Daiso close to one of my brothers. I’m not sure he’d be interested. 

Posted Image

The Lochby order arrived today. The Venture pouch has one side for pens and other stationery items. The other side is larger, has two Velcro closing slots.  It can hold a Field Notes notebook, a Leuchtturm pocket size notebook. It can hold charging cords or I don’t know, stuff. It has a divider as well.

The photo includes an A5 size notebook  to show the size of the Venture pouch, plus some new pens. The two notebooks were part of the order. 

large.image.jpg.17e4652db32a11f45c8e48f82b918dc5.jpg

Posted Image

On 9/18/2023 at 3:15 PM, Misfit said:

I’m in the KC Missouri metro area, and the closest Daiso is in Texas. So it’s 420 miles away. Which does make a Daiso close to one of my brothers. I’m not sure he’d be interested. 

I'm a quick transit ride from a Daiso. I was planning to go after the Dallas Pen show. I'd you'd like me to do a little personal shopping for you drop me a PM with your contact info.