• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• biancitwo

• BillH

• inkstainedruth

• chromantic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

It is a mix of "vintage" (as in the not longer made) Montblanc Blue-Black, Caran d'Ache Hypnotic Turquoise and distilled water. Varies from nib to nib but here is a sample of it in that same 100N but with a BB/BBB-nib (variety is the spice of live etc.). ;)

Love the pen. It's one of my favorites. Beautiful ink.

Love the color of Diamine Blood Orange, but in my M600, with the somewhat fine italic, it seemed to drag a bit across the paper. So, I cleaned out the Blood Orange and filled it with a truly well lubricated Iroshizuku Asa Gao. Perfection. The nib raced across the page as quickly as I wanted to go. There was no drag at all. This pen and ink may be a permanent pairing.

I have inked at the moment an Ibis with a fine nib and another Ibis with oblique fine nib. There is Rohrer and Klinger Salix in one and Rohrer and Klingner Scabiosa in the other.

M800 blue stripe w Iro syo ro

M800 red strip edelstein aquamarine

M205 blue demonstrator Iro ku jaku

I've been on a bit of a teal binge lately. I think ku jaku is my keeper though.

M150 black Miru-ai

M150 black Yama-dori

M150 black KWZ Maroon

M150 red/black Lamy Coral

M200 green marbled Tokiwa-matsu

M250 tortoise Diamine Macassar

M300 green-stripe Kana-cho Midnight

Wanted to use Miru-ai tonight in light of vis' review of the new Diamine Dark Forest but I needed to refill it and ended up refilling the other 150s as well. Have to do a thorough flush on the 200, having a problem with the Tokiwa-matsu turning black after sitting in the pen for an extended period.

It's hard work to tell which is Old Harry when everybody's got boots on.

M101N Tortoiseshell Brown-Fine-Edelstein Topaz,

Noodlers Konrad Red Rebellion Ebonite-goulet 1.5mm stub- Platinum Carbon Black.

I just ordered a selection of some 15 or 16 ink samples from the Goulets and very much look forward to trying them out :) I'll be using them in two Pelikans to test.

My very wet M600, with a Pendleton Brown (PB) broad italic, ran out of Asa Gao. Since I now have Asa Gao in my finer PB italic, I filled this one with Monteverde Horizon Blue, which is slightly darker, and slightly less lubricating than Asa Gao. This is a superb pairing.

M1000 Black-Green: Monteverde Mandarin Orange

M800 Burnt Orange: Monteverde Mandarin Orange

M200 Demonstrator: Monteverde Mandarin Orange

I highly recommend this ink. Beautiful orange tone with great flow in any of the Pelikan pens that I have tried so far.

Selling part of my pen and ink collection: https://alwayssunnyalwaysreal.wordpress.com/for-sale/

Aurora Optima Mare | Diplomat Aero (SOLD) | Diplomat Excellence A Skyline (SOLD) | Faber-Castell E-Motion Pure Black (SOLD) | Franklin-Christoph Model 20 Translucent Bronze (SOLD) | Franklin-Christoph Pocket 66 Antique Glass (SOLD)

Graf von Faber-Castell Classic Grenadilla (SOLD) | Graf von Faber-Castell Tamitio Black/Rosé (SOLD) | Karas Kustoms Ink Red Aluminum (SOLD) | Lamy 2000 (SOLD) | Lamy AL-star CopperOrange | Lamy Scala Dark Violet | Lamy Scala Glacier | Montegrappa Fortuna Mosaico Marrakech (SOLD) | Omas Ogiva Alba Green

Parker IM Midnight Astral | Pelikan Classic M120 Iconic Blue | Pelikan Classic M200 Demonstrator | Pelikan Classic M200 Green-Marbled (SOLD) | Pelikan Classic M205 Blue-Marbled (SOLD) | Pelikan Souverän M400 Black-Green/Black-Red/Tortoiseshell-White (SOLD) | Pelikan Souverän M400 Tortsoiseshell-White | Pelikan Souverän M405 Black-Blue-Silver (SOLD) | Pelikan Souverän M600 Violet-White | Pelikan Souverän M605 Solid Dark Blue | Pelikan Souverän M805 Stresemann (SOLD) | Pelikan Souverän M1000 Black-Green (SOLD) | Pilot Falcon Black/Rhodium (SOLD)

Pilot Vanishing Point Blue Carbonesque (SOLD) | Platinum 3776 Century Nice Pur | Sailor 1911L Anchor Gray/Fresca Blue/Key Lime/Royal Tangerine/Stormy Sea (SOLD) | Sailor 1911S Color Blue (SOLD) | Sailor Professional Gear Slim Four Seasons Yukitsubaki Snow Camellia (SOLD) | TWSBI ECO Transparent Green | TWSBI ECO Transparent Yellow | TWSBI Diamond 580AL Blue/Lava Orange (SOLD) | TWSBI Vac 700 (SOLD) | Visconti Homo Sapiens Steel Age Midi (SOLD) | Visconti Van Gogh Sunflowers (SOLD) | Waterman Carène Ombres et Lumières | AND MORE!

• 2 weeks later...

I don't believe it has been nine days since someone on this site has inked a Pelikan. Where is everyone, and what inks do you have in what pen and nib?

I don't believe it has been nine days since someone on this site has inked a Pelikan. Where is everyone, and what inks do you have in what pen and nib?

Perhaps these piston fillers hold too much ink, so much that no one gets a chance to refill yet :)

I still have the same pens with the same ink.

Selling part of my pen and ink collection: https://alwayssunnyalwaysreal.wordpress.com/for-sale/

Aurora Optima Mare | Diplomat Aero (SOLD) | Diplomat Excellence A Skyline (SOLD) | Faber-Castell E-Motion Pure Black (SOLD) | Franklin-Christoph Model 20 Translucent Bronze (SOLD) | Franklin-Christoph Pocket 66 Antique Glass (SOLD)

Graf von Faber-Castell Classic Grenadilla (SOLD) | Graf von Faber-Castell Tamitio Black/Rosé (SOLD) | Karas Kustoms Ink Red Aluminum (SOLD) | Lamy 2000 (SOLD) | Lamy AL-star CopperOrange | Lamy Scala Dark Violet | Lamy Scala Glacier | Montegrappa Fortuna Mosaico Marrakech (SOLD) | Omas Ogiva Alba Green

Parker IM Midnight Astral | Pelikan Classic M120 Iconic Blue | Pelikan Classic M200 Demonstrator | Pelikan Classic M200 Green-Marbled (SOLD) | Pelikan Classic M205 Blue-Marbled (SOLD) | Pelikan Souverän M400 Black-Green/Black-Red/Tortoiseshell-White (SOLD) | Pelikan Souverän M400 Tortsoiseshell-White | Pelikan Souverän M405 Black-Blue-Silver (SOLD) | Pelikan Souverän M600 Violet-White | Pelikan Souverän M605 Solid Dark Blue | Pelikan Souverän M805 Stresemann (SOLD) | Pelikan Souverän M1000 Black-Green (SOLD) | Pilot Falcon Black/Rhodium (SOLD)

Pilot Vanishing Point Blue Carbonesque (SOLD) | Platinum 3776 Century Nice Pur | Sailor 1911L Anchor Gray/Fresca Blue/Key Lime/Royal Tangerine/Stormy Sea (SOLD) | Sailor 1911S Color Blue (SOLD) | Sailor Professional Gear Slim Four Seasons Yukitsubaki Snow Camellia (SOLD) | TWSBI ECO Transparent Green | TWSBI ECO Transparent Yellow | TWSBI Diamond 580AL Blue/Lava Orange (SOLD) | TWSBI Vac 700 (SOLD) | Visconti Homo Sapiens Steel Age Midi (SOLD) | Visconti Van Gogh Sunflowers (SOLD) | Waterman Carène Ombres et Lumières | AND MORE!

M805 Blue stripe Kon-Peki

M215 Rings Kon-Peki

M200 Demonstrator Chiku-Rin but going to change that out. It's too light for me.

Perhaps these piston fillers hold too much ink, so much that no one gets a chance to refill yet :)

I still have the same pens with the same ink.

I use half fills because I like lots of different inks... otherwise I end up with too may inked at once :yikes:

"Inspiration exists, but it has to find you working." -Pablo Picasso

I use half fills because I like lots of different inks... otherwise I end up with too may inked at once :yikes:

Same here actually, unless I really need to, with one exception that my M1000 usually gets a full fill, simply because it uses up ink quickly, even if it's just a F.

Currently testing the new Diamine Dark Forest in a M150 EF

It's hard work to tell which is Old Harry when everybody's got boots on.

Ok, same pens as before, my EDC set of:

- a post WWII green binde 100N (EF/EEF) with a previously featured custom mix of two parts of MB BB, one part of Caran d'Ache Hypnotic Turquoise and one part distilled water,
- a Pelikan 140 (later M-nib) with a new mix of two part of Pelikan 4001 BB, one part of Pelikan 4001 Turquoise and one part of distilled water &
- a Pelikan 400NN Tortoise (OF) with the same as above in the barrel...

Plus:

- a Parker 51 Aerometric M/B stubby (new Pelikan mix),
- a Lamy 27 OF (the same as above),
- a vintage Lamy 2000 (the same as above),
- a Woodshed Pen Co.'s red "one off" with a 1.1mm italic #6 Jowo nib... aaaaand
- a rOtring Art Pen in 1.1mm italic that I customized to a short barrel one... with Pelikan 4001 Turquoise.

I am really liking the new mix. Might need to order a bunch more of the Pelikan 4001 inks, namely Dark Green and Black to get the new mix juuuuuust right. Mind you, it is lovely as it is but a bit too much of purple in the Pelikan BB (it frankly colored me surprised). That said, I like the mix a bit more teal and grey so hence, the need for the new inks. ;)

M101N Brown tortoise - Edelstein Topaz - fine nib (one of my favorite pens and nibs, blows the EF I had a few years ago out of the water; at least in my eyes)

M200 Caden creme - J.Herbin Cacao du bresil - B nib

These two are likely to go through a large number of Pelikan ink samples (all production edelstein and 4001, except blue-black and dark green) and so will give me an idea of how the Inks perform (in the M101N) and what pairs well (with the M200)

Same here actually, unless I really need to, with one exception that my M1000 usually gets a full fill, simply because it uses up ink quickly, even if it's just a F.

My "ink usingest" pen is a MB 149 with an OBBB nib... recently made the mistake of taking it on vacation without the bottle... sigh.

"Inspiration exists, but it has to find you working." -Pablo Picasso