What Do You Have Inked?

biancitwo

I found an OBB nib for a M600 and inked up with Blackstone Barrier Reef Blue, wow what an ink! The only problem is that I am very fond of that type of blue and must have at least six, oh so similar, inks in that color range.

Blackstone's Sydney Harbour Blue is my favorite from that line.

"Inspiration exists, but it has to find you working." -Pablo Picasso

• Replies 563
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• biancitwo

• BillH

• inkstainedruth

• chromantic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The present 'ink up' is:

• M800/Green Stripe/M...Monteverde Olivine
  • M101N/Tortoise/B.... KWZI Monarch
  • M800/Blue Stripe/BB customised to a magnificent Stub ..... 1670 Blue Ocean
  • M800/Green Stripe/B pf...... Edelstein Aquamarine
  • M800/Orange/M.... Iro's Fuyu-gaki *
  • M800/Black/B.... Iro's Tsuki-yo *
  • M805/Stress/M..... Blackstone' Sydney Harbour Blue
  • M806/Demo/M....Iro's Asa-goa *
  • M800/Red Stripe/B customised to Stub..... Monteverde Fireopal

* these are long term pen ink partnerships....

I keep trying to reduce the numbers in rotation but seldom manage to do so..... Too many pens and too many inks to enjoy.

FWIW....Really enjoying Blackstone's SHB and BRB [this is in a Conid/B].

Regards, Falcon

M300 green stripe EF with 4001 black

M400 blue stripe EF with Montblanc midnight blue

"Don't hurry, don't worry. It's better to be late at the Golden Gate than to arrive in Hell on time."
--Sign in a bar and grill, Ormond Beach, Florida, 1960.

M150 F Robert Oster Khaki

M200 Cognac F Blackstone Sydney Harbour Blue

M200 blue marbled old style OB Blackstone Daintree Green

140 F Pelikan 4001 blue black

Edited by Runnin_Ute

Brad

"Words are, of course, the most powerful drug used by mankind" - Rudyard Kipling
"None of us can have as many virtues as the fountain-pen, or half its cussedness; but we can try." - Mark Twain

• 2 weeks later...

I have not been so adventurous lately. I have only reloaded Asa Gao, and Monteverde Horizon Blue in my M600, with a broad italic Pendleton Brown nib, and M800, with a nearly identical medium italic PB nib. Now, with the Cincinnati Pelikan Hub coming up, I am not reloading my 100, 100N, and 400NN. They will run out, be cleaned, and await new inks to be tried in Cincinnati.

Pelikan 600 White Tortoise 1.1 CI, with J. Herbin Lie de The. This is my favorite ink to use with this pen.

Pelikan 600 Blue striped with Aurora black, my first really good pen and still the one I use most often. The nib is just an "ordinary" medium, but it writes like a dream. I think someone threw fairy dust on it

No new ink in 5 days? Surely someone has been filling their Pelikans with new ink this week. Let us know. I'm still trying to empty mine in anticipation of the Hub next week.

Not in my Pelikans! M805 Stresseman is still sporting (refill) Pelikan Tanzanite and M800 blue stripes Pelikan Smoky Quartz. I have, however, been enjoying Montblanc Exupery and Shakespeare velvet red in Lamy 2000 oblique medium. Amazing inks, amazing nib! I wish Pelikan made such an interesting nib; stubby oblique.

All that is about to change when my in-the-mail M800 1.5mm italic broad reaches my hands, I'd say!

M400 Brown Tortoise with an Italic Broad nib (Stock) filled with 4001 Royal blue. At the moment, one of two pens I carry inked (in the Pelikan two pen pouch I got in highschool), the other being a Noodlers Ahab in Cardinal Darkness inked with Saguaro Wine.

All that is about to change when my in-the-mail M800 1.5mm italic broad reaches my hands, I'd say!

That sounds great. Look forward to hearing about it.

Parker 45, Esterbrook J, Hero 266, and the carpet in our basement.

Auf freiem Grund mit freiem Volke stehn.
Zum Augenblicke dürft ich sagen:
Verweile doch, du bist so schön !

No new ink in 5 days? Surely someone has been filling their Pelikans with new ink this week. Let us know. I'm still trying to empty mine in anticipation of the Hub next week.

Obviously, I'm not writing enough.... :)

-- Joel -- "I collect expensive and time-consuming hobbies."

INK (noun): A villainous compound of tannogallate of iron, gum-arabic and water,

chiefly used to facilitate the infection of idiocy and promote intellectual crime.

(from The Devil's Dictionary, by Ambrose Bierce)

M800, P. Brown medium italic nib, cleaned out the Monteverde Horizon Blue, which I love, and filled with Monteverde Olivine. Beautiful green, but a little less lubrication than I prefer.

Pelikans, oh Pelikans... My EDC kit:

1) 100N with a semi-flexy EF/F nib with a touch of oblique there.
2) 140 with a swell M-nib, smooth sailing, flexiest of this flock, nice shading. I love this pen because it is so lively and nimble in hand.
3) 400NN Tortoise with a semi-flex OF nib.

fpn_1505750946__what_do_i_have_inked_201

Pelikans, oh Pelikans... My EDC kit:

1) 100N with a semi-flexy EF/F nib with a touch of oblique there.

2) 140 with a swell M-nib, smooth sailing, flexiest of this flock, nice shading. I love this pen because it is so lively and nimble in hand.

3) 400NN Tortoise with a semi-flex OF nib.

fpn_1505750946__what_do_i_have_inked_201

But, what inks? I have comparable pens, without the nibs being oblique. Tell me the inks, and I will envision the writing.

I just received my dark blue M600, with a medium nib, from Pendleton Brown. He was to make this nib italic, but closer to a fine. I filled it with Diamine Blood Orange, and it is finer than my other PB italics, and just as smooth. This will be my go to pen for note taking and more hurried composition. Love it. PB is outstanding.

But, what inks? I have comparable pens, without the nibs being oblique. Tell me the inks, and I will envision the writing.

It is a mix of "vintage" (as in the not longer made) Montblanc Blue-Black, Caran d'Ache Hypnotic Turquoise and distilled water. Varies from nib to nib but here is a sample of it in that same 100N but with a BB/BBB-nib (variety is the spice of live etc.). ;)

21200704_10155930377409063_1103613394185