What Do You Have Inked?

biancitwo

M800 with Pendleton Brown CI filled with Diamine November Rain. Love this pen and ink.

M605 with PB CI filled with Diamine Skull and Roses. The first time I used his ink it dried on the nib with little time uncapped. It does not now. Cant explain that. Skull and Roses behaves beautifully like November Rain. Two great pens and inks.

Edited by biancitwo

• Replies 563
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• biancitwo

• BillH

• inkstainedruth

• chromantic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Oh, this lovely thread is back!

My inked pens are:

M205 black, F nib, inked with Parker Quink blue-black

M205 Olivine, EF nib, inked with a mix of 4001 brilliant brown and 4001 dark green

M205 yellow highlighter inked with its proper ink with a drop of Lamy bronze

Pelikano P450 pink inked with 4001 black.

Oh, this lovely thread is back!

My inked pens are:

M205 black, F nib, inked with Parker Quink blue-black

~ chravagni:

Thank you so much for mentioning your M205 black F nib.

On my writing desk is an M205 black B nib with a Fritz Schimpf Italic grind.

It's inked in L’Artisan Pastellier Callifolio Bleu Azur.

I hope that you're enjoying your black M205 as much as I'm enjoying mine!

Tom K.

• 2 weeks later...

M1000 w/ R&K Emma

Engineer :

Someone who does precision guesswork based on unreliable data provided by those of questionable knowledge.

post-138594-0-90574300-1561326144_thumb.jpeg

Pelikan Epoch, Black Montblanc

Pelikan M101N, Irish Green Montblanc

Pelikan 100, Callifolio Bleu Méditerranée

Edited by 7is

My current line up as I spend the summer out of state:

M815 Metal Stripe with a Dan Smith CI Broad nib inked with Monteverde Moonstone

M800 Stone Garden with a Medium nib inked with Monteverde Olivine

M605 Dark Blue with an Italic Medium (a Spanish nibmeisters work) inked with Colorverse Depth

101N Red Tortoise with a CI Fine nib (Danish nibmeisters work) inked with J. Herbin Encre Brune Parfum Cacao

:) :) :)

Gobblecup ~

• 4 weeks later...

These... I actually forgot few rOtring Art Pens (1.1mm & 1.5mm) and a lovely swirly red Woodshed Pen Co.'s FP with a 1.1mm italic nib.

66310301_420952105174503_261622725971412

Pelikan M805 Raden Platinum and Edelstein Onyx.

Temporary I changed original rhodium plated medium nib to dual color customized nib.

fpn_1563646499__raden_platinum.jpg

Pelikan 400NN (stubbish M, Parker Quink Blue), Pelikan 400NN Tortoise (stubbish B, Pelikan Black), Pelikan 100 Black (felxible F, vintage "Pelikan Konigs Blau").

264643240_minoxandfountainpen.png.2be96a1cb960c6ba19879d9d0fb2a13a.png              Fountain pens and Minox                                 

Pelikan 100N (Diamine Salamander); Pelikan M200 highlighter (Pelikan yellow, of course!); Pelikan M1000 (Pelikan 4001 Brilliant green) and my Pilot Custom 743 with large FA nib (Delta blue)...

M205 Olivine, the latest addition to the flock. And I love it!

Mind you, I don't use the Olivine ink as I'm worried it is a bit too eccentric for work purposes...

M205 Olivine, the latest addition to the flock. And I love it!

Mind you, I don't use the Olivine ink as I'm worried it is a bit too eccentric for work purposes...

Congrats on the Olivine! It is my first Pelikan. The green is so deep. I inked it with Sherwood green, the color matched very nicely.

M200 with Edelstein Star Ruby for corrections, M1000 with Edelstein Aventurine for everything else :)

I just got those and Edelstein Topaz which is in my Montblanc now. These inks are so nice!!

Going all brown today...Pelikan M800 Tortoise inked with Waterman Absolute Brown.

post-143026-0-52061000-1565186876_thumb.jpg

Congrats on the Olivine! It is my first Pelikan. The green is so deep. I inked it with Sherwood green, the color matched very nicely.

Thank you!

I think the tines on the pen are actually slightly misaligned. You can see the slit from the left but not from the right. But it's a very smooth and friendly nib, so no reason to do anything about it :)

• 4 weeks later...

Good old green stripes 140, with F nib, inked with Royal Blue. A classic!

LETTER EXCHANGE PARTICIPANT

This past weekend I inked my Pelikan 140 with Birmingham Boiler Steam Blue Black. I knew I would be attending the San Francisco International Pen Show, and I wanted to ask Rick Propas to take a look at it. The pen had given me no actual problems, but I was curious about the insistence, by some posters, that the 140 produces line variation under normal writing pressure. Someone had even suggested that the nib on mine might not be original.

Rick wrote with the pen and told me it is absolutely normal for a 140 and that one shouldn't expect to see line variation when writing with a light hand. He explained that the 140 was meant for someone who would use it all day for practical writing and then maybe come home and want to do something special when writing a letter.

M120 Iconic Blue, broad nib, with Pelikan royal blue. Bearing in mind my long-ago school days and school inks, I was expecting to write a fairly pale blue line. But no. By artificial light the color seems almost to be a rich blue-black, and by sunlight it is clearly blue, though not at all pale. It may be the broadness of the nib that makes the difference. At the age of seven or eight I wasn't writing with a broad nib.

M910 Toledo -- Finished up Sheaffer Peacock Blue, so I swapped the nib from BB to B and put in Pelikan Edelstein Aquamarine

M600 Dark Blue Transparent -- Finished up Parker Penman Sapphire, put in Sailor Iroshizuku Kon-Peki

-- Joel -- "I collect expensive and time-consuming hobbies."

INK (noun): A villainous compound of tannogallate of iron, gum-arabic and water,

chiefly used to facilitate the infection of idiocy and promote intellectual crime.

(from The Devil's Dictionary, by Ambrose Bierce)