A Pen And Ink Log

Tom Kellie

~ The pen and ink log shown in this thread continues to be useful.

When I repatriated to the United States ten months ago, the pen and ink log was tucked into the few suitcases which accompanied me.

It was updated a few days ago, in order to reflect changes over the past year.

Having a regularly maintained pen and ink log has been an effective means of ensuring that all inks and fountain pens are used.

When others post their pen and ink logs, I invariably spot innovations which are useful for my needs.

Tom K.

• 1 year later...
  • Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Tom Kellie

• Tas

• AlohaLani787

• BillH

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

~ One of my teenage students is a gifted nature photographer, soccer player, skateboarder, and fountain pen user.

He surprised me by letting me know that he has started his own ink log.

Tom K.

468419540_ScreenShot2023-01-06at3_14_06PM.thumb.png.84eb8c87440888a1ea7f75b33e12c941.png

:thumbup:

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."

11 hours ago, Tom Kellie said:

~ One of my teenage students is a gifted nature photographer, soccer player, skateboarder, and fountain pen user.

He surprised me by letting me know that he has started his own ink log.

Tom K.

468419540_ScreenShot2023-01-06at3_14_06PM.thumb.png.84eb8c87440888a1ea7f75b33e12c941.png

Great enabling!

Fountain pens are my preferred COLOR DELIVERY SYSTEM (in part because crayons melt in Las Vegas).

Create a Ghostly Avatar and I'll send you a letter. Check out some Ink comparisons: The Great PPS Comparison 

Don't know where to start?  Look at the Inky Topics O'day.  Then, see inks sorted by color: Blue Purple Brown Red Green Dark Green Orange Black Pinks Yellows Blue-Blacks Grey/Gray UVInks Turquoise/Teal MURKY

On 6/16/2017 at 12:37 PM, Pravda said:

What a beautiful exercise :) I had my doubts that I would be the only one that did this haha

I always have 2 types of logs, one is my overall collection and the second would be the inked pens (usually 15) and the colors I have matched them with.

I have made a similar list of my 2016-2017 acquisitions for fun

fpn_1497634336__img_9578.jpg

This exercise is particularly of value to me, because I like to dedicate 1 ink for each pen long-term, i.e. once I find the specific pen's 'ideal' ink, it stays more or less forever.

Notes:

1. The first 1906 is the coral version. The second is the Tropic Brown. I don't have the black one inked.

2. I misspelled acquisitions. Yup.

3. Paper quality is terrible. Some scrap I found that thought might come of good use. I'll get rid of it.

I wish I’d done this. Great way to track the pens we all buy. I only write them down once I ink one, and don’t add the dates. Not too late to change.  

Posted Image

When I was in better practice, once I put ink in a pen, I’d write down the pen, nib size and ink in Leuchtturm and Clairefontaine notebooks. 

When I wanted to post in Stub of the Day, I’d use old and new 52gsm Tomoe River paper in the regular Travelers Notebook size. I’ve now got Cosmo Air Light and Snow in A5 size to put in use. It’s a lot of paper to use, and four of them are discontinued. 

Posted Image

• 9 months later...

image.thumb.jpeg.6a797ebc37fc973f6b0fee53873432e2.jpeg  

~ For half a dozen years this pen & ink log has been a valued tool on my writing task.

It's finally filled up, ready to be retired with appreciation.

A replacement pen and ink log has been ordered.

Tom K.