Kanoe Pen - Any Clue On Where I Can Find This Refil?

gabriel_abe

Hello guys,
First of all, I'm new to this forum, if I make any mistake, or if I'm in trouble, please, let me know!
I really hope you can help me on this one:
Short story first, this is what I would like to know:
1 - Is there any refil replacement for this pen?
2 - If not, is there any refil that would fit this one?
3 - anyone of you guys know more about this particular pen, or brand? What is it made of, what is the model, average price, rarity?

Now to the full story: My grandpa was kind of a hoarder, and, one day, messing with his stuff, I found this pen. He unfortunately passed away more than 10 years ago, and my father doesn't even know I have this pen. It would be an amazing gift to my dad if I could restore it back to working condition, so that's why I need your help. It must have at least my age, 23 years, since I was really young when I found it. I have no intention of selling it, just, putting it back to a nice condition.
Any advices on how to restore it's fit and finnish to look like brand new?
Thanks a lot in advice! here are some pics of it:

post-136991-0-68004800-1496103688_thumb.jpg

post-136991-0-49187900-1496103644_thumb.jpg

post-136991-0-58731400-1496103658_thumb.jpg

post-136991-0-71296800-1496103633_thumb.jpg

Edited by gabriel_abe

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• gabriel_abe

• Mike 59

• arunbom

• Zookie

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hi there, and welcome!

I've never seen one of these, but I did have a Kanoe branded pencil that was made in japan. Maybe it's the same company.

The black piece can probably be removed from the refill, and placed on another that's been cut to the same length. Maybe even swapped for a Cross refill.

There's a few options I'd try, just don't damage or lose that black bit, it looks like it's made to fit into that hexagonal part of the mechanism.

Good luck, it's a nice looking pen.

Hi, There are probably several refills that would fit your pen, the black spiral part at the top must fit whichever refill you try.

If you have a BiC 4 colour multi pen (White top + light blue barrel) you could test fit a refill from one of those.

Your refill does look very similar to the Zebra Z-Grip ballpoints, which seem to be easy to find.

But again, it will all depend on if the black spiral part fits well onto the new refill.

If you have any ballpoint pens around, try those refills first.

(Your refill is not the Parker 'style' to rule out one type.)

The squashed part in the refill is a 'stop' for pens that use a spring return, but I would say your pen does not use that idea, it's a twist to retract type, similar to Cross designs.

If you have a Cross ballpoint pen, it would be worthwhile trying it's refill in this pen.

Edited by Mike 59

Hi there, and thank you for the help! The black piece is in fact removable, but I forgot to mention that the refil which is currently in it has a very fine tip, this is why I haven't been able to replace it. The hole in the nib of the pen is also very small. Here is a photo with it along a BIC 4 colour multi pen refil to help explain:

post-136991-0-86666400-1496157742_thumb.jpg

If I run out of options, I may be able to broaden the tip hole drilling through it, but I would like it to be the last option in my list.
thanks again!

Edited by gabriel_abe

Hi, In UK we have a high street stationer chain of shops, where I bought this refill (photo).

The diameter of the brass part at the tip is 1.68mm, finer than 'normal' ballpoints.

Overall length of this one is 106mm. So they are being made by a refill maker in 2017, but I can't help with a brand name as these are made for this UK shop, but would think must be for sale by other refill dealers, maybe only online.

This site might be a start,

https://refillfinder.com/collections/schmidt

post-70376-0-13404300-1496224555.jpg

Edited by Mike 59

Hi gabriel_abe, Welcome to the Fountain Pen Network!

Take a look at this page, it has profile pictures of common refills and lengths:

https://refillfinder.com/pages/refill-size-guide

Just by eyeing your pictures, you might be able to transplant the 'Cross Standard Ballpoint Pen Refill' or the 'Caran d'Ache 828 Frosty Ballpoint Pen Refill' into that black odd-ball screw-in thing. The Cross refill at 4.5" (11.43cm) might be too long, which would require cutting the refill down - something that often does not go well with pen refills (leaks). The Caran d'Ache 828 at 4.17" (10.6cm) long might be a better bet.

Good Luck, David

David and Mike, sorry if it took me too long to reply, I had a few tests last week.
Thank's a lot! I was sure that, if I could find info on this pen anywere on the internet, it would be here!
I'm going to take a look on these links you provided, hope I can find what I'm looking for.
thanks again, and I'll keep you guys posted.

• 3 months later...

hi I am as well new to this network I pickup Kanoe pencil from flea market and do not know much about it.

i give below few pictures is any one can let me know more about mechanical pencil

post-134243-0-62486600-1506681348_thumb.jpg

post-134243-0-34689700-1506681362_thumb.png

hi I am as well new to this network I pickup Kanoe pencil from flea market and do not know much about it.

i give below few pictures is any one can let me know more about mechanical pencil