Personal Collection

Cyrille81

@Cyrille

How does the weight of the James Purdey & Sons fountain pen compare to ordinary 146's during writing? Heavy? light? I didn't realise that it had the MOP for the star/snowflake, Now that looks quite awesome, Been contemplating on getting one, but as Pravda had suggested, it is better to see the pen in person when deciding to purchase this masterpiece, the fact that there are different shades of wood makes the pen unique all on its own, I'd probably prefer a darker shade of wood material. But who knows, I might also be partial to a lighter shade, that is if I get to see the pen in person.

Hi Andy,

Difficult to say because I don't have lot of a ordinary pen except a 149. Without the cap the pen is 41g (71g with the cap) but when I use it (wrote several pages in the row on Friday with it) I don't have any issue with the weight. The pen is well-balanced and in the end it seems light for me.

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Cyrille81

• Tom Kellie

• Pravda

• thygreyt

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hi Andy,

Difficult to say because I don't have lot of a ordinary pen except a 149. Without the cap the pen is 41g (71g with the cap) but when I use it (wrote several pages in the row on Friday with it) I don't have any issue with the weight. The pen is well-balanced and in the end it seems light for me.

Thank you kindly for that information, now I have to stay clear of the pen else I may end up getting one. I am still waiting for the 2 pens I've purchased last month (a James Dean & a Poe), and I have been contemplating to limiting my purchase to the next Petit Prince & Great Character or POA. I swear my limit for this year has to be 4 pens.

"Storyteller, unfold thy words untold!"

Never say never. Sometimes the stars align.

fpn_1552241513__jvy3gh.jpg

Well said Ghost Plane. I didn't expect I would have an opportunity to obtain e skeleton especially blue hour so fast.

Edited by mjchuang9

Congratulations, beautiful close-up photos Cyrille! With my current preoccupation with vintage pens I had forgotten I have one of these tucked away in the cupboard from 2012.

I just went through the whole thread. Great taste Cyrille and a great collection.

Namiki Yukari Maki-e Zodiac Horse 1st edition, by Masaru Hayashi 林胜 | Namiki Yukari Royale Vermillon Urushi No. 20 | Pelikan M1000 | Montblanc WE 2004 Franz Kafka LE | Montblanc POA 2018 Homage to Ludwig II LE 4810 | Montblanc POA Joseph II 2012 LE 4810 | Montblanc 146 75th Anniversary SE | Montblanc Meisterstück Great Masters James Purdey & Sons SE | Montblanc 118232 Heritage Collection Rouge et Noir Spider Metamorphosis SE Coral | Montblanc 10575 Meisterstück Gold 149 | Montblanc 114229 Meisterstück Platinum 149 | Montblanc 111043 John F. Kennedy LE 1917 Rollerball | Montblanc 116258 The Beatles SE Ballpoint | Montblanc 114723 Heritage Collection Rouge et Noir SE Rollerball | Montblanc Meisterstück Platinum-Coated Classique Ballpoint |

• 3 weeks later...

The Albert Einstein LE is a lovely pen and the math on the barrel is unique. puddle.gif

Engineer :

Someone who does precision guesswork based on unreliable data provided by those of questionable knowledge.

Cyrille, thank you for the photos, what camera did you use to take these pictures? If you have the new ink could you do a side by side comparison on how similar/different it is with the St. Exupery ink?

My gratitude,

Andy

"Storyteller, unfold thy words untold!"

Cyrille, thank you for the photos, what camera did you use to take these pictures? If you have the new ink could you do a side by side comparison on how similar/different it is with the St. Exupery ink?

My gratitude,

Andy

I don't have yet the ink and notebook, my reseller hasn't yet received them but as soon as I have, I will post photo to compare the 2 inks. I'm also impatient to see the difference because with the box color, they seem close.

For the camera I'm using my iPhone XS max and for the close-up/macro photo I have the Moment macro lens I put on it (https://www.shopmoment.com/shop/macro-lens).

I'm not a big fan of Le Petit Prince book but I do think Montblanc did a terrific job on these pens.

I'm not a big fan of Le Petit Prince book but I do think Montblanc did a terrific job on these pens.

I have to say that the book bersion is almost always better than the fountain pen version; unless of course you use the pen to write a book or letters to loved ones. :) Edited by ardene

Subscribed!

Wow, what an amazing and unique collection Cyrille, thank you for sharing the amazing photo's!