Personal Collection

Cyrille81

Ça me fait un grand plaisir de lire vos messages écrits en français.

Your handwritten messages and the images of your fountain pens are very enjoyable.

~ Cyrille and Ghost Plane:

Concur!

The clear lines on the grid paper, the exceptional beauty of the pen, the fine handwriting — lovely!

Such images are nourishment to the soul.

Thank you.

Tom K.

Happy you appreciate the photos, handwriting and text :)

• 4 months later...
  • Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Cyrille81

• Tom Kellie

• Pravda

• thygreyt

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hello,

These are the photos of the limited edition 1969 of Beatles rollerball :

24453095957_805ec81c0e_b.jpg

38608990644_db023ac8da_b.jpg

24453096517_13b6c6edfb_b.jpg

27539640129_e0d2237744_b.jpg

39316449921_0f5a1875ee_b.jpg

39316449521_1ef15cdda2_b.jpg

39287596962_34963ab44c_b.jpg

39316449381_4456b88c6d_b.jpg

24453094867_92dc90706e_b.jpg

39287594502_1a8e243d5c_b.jpg

27539638819_7e3aa442b0_b.jpg

38439391705_d17fbe78a3_b.jpg

38608989004_1419ff63a7_b.jpg

38439391975_452a99c575_b.jpg

38608989294_239f9b4278_b.jpg

38439391935_5a216e42c0_b.jpg

24453095797_bc15e8d476_b.jpg

25447976728_80eb138154_b.jpg

25447977038_77516fba94_b.jpg

24453094287_7258022a04_b.jpg

39316448511_3d1beecd5a_b.jpg

The pen is really nice, the only small negative point is the refill is a LeGrand version so only available in black or blue so for example it is not possible to use the Beatles roller refill, a little pity... Now I'm impatient to have the fountain pen!

These are the photos of the limited edition 1969 of Beatles rollerball :

The pen is really nice, the only small negative point is the refill is a LeGrand version so only available in black or blue so for example it is not possible to use the Beatles roller refill, a little pity... Now I'm impatient to have the fountain pen!

~ Cyrille:

Thank you for the very nice collection of images.

The close-up photography shows details which might otherwise be overlooked.

Enjoy your new pen!

Tom K.

~ Cyrille:

Thank you for the very nice collection of images.

The close-up photography shows details which might otherwise be overlooked.

Enjoy your new pen!

Tom K.

Yes it is not easy to photography the pen because there is so much details that we should take lot of photos of it.

The microphone top to the cap is intriguing. I can’t tell...are the wires actually woven or cast?

I think they are woven. I tried to take a new photo closer and it seems we are seeing what is behind the micro:

25461217458_5f1bdc36d9_b.jpg

Thats a wonderful collection you are building.

Thank you :)

So many beautiful pics :)

Are you writing with all of them or are you simply collecting them and admiring them?

Yes all of them are inked and I use them one of the other according to my mood and my desire.

I just checked out your flickr website...aww so beautiful :)

My wife was lurking...haha...no not again, you have enough pens. Stop it :)

Do you keep them in a collectors box or do you keep them in their own boxes? So you would have to take them out each time you ink them and use them.

I surely like to use mine...but on the other hand I am thinking, so much money for a pen, should I really use it? Or should I keep it unused...

But then...what the hell, you only live once :)

I think they are woven. I tried to take a new photo closer and it seems we are seeing what is behind the micro:

25461217458_5f1bdc36d9_b.jpg

Thank you :)

Yes all of them are inked and I use them one of the other according to my mood and my desire.

Thank you for the close up. Fascinating workmanship.

I just checked out your flickr website...aww so beautiful :)

My wife was lurking...haha...no not again, you have enough pens. Stop it :)

Do you keep them in a collectors box or do you keep them in their own boxes? So you would have to take them out each time you ink them and use them.

I surely like to use mine...but on the other hand I am thinking, so much money for a pen, should I really use it? Or should I keep it unused...

But then...what the hell, you only live once :)

Until now I kept the pens in different pen pouches and the boxes in my bank safe with the certificates. Yesterday my wife bought me a collector box for Xmas so I will put my pens in it but currently there is only The Beatles rollerball because my other pens are at the bank safe as we were on travel more than 2 weeks. So I'm impatient to have them back to put all in the collector box :) They are all inked for the moment so I can write with them directly depending on the one I want to use and which ink is in it.

For my Steinway 888 it took me some time (several months) before I decided to ink it and use it. I was a little bit afraid as you but you said we only live once :) I use it and my UNICEF skeleton only at home and for the other pens, I took one sometime with me at work and being careful not let it on my desk when I left it.

Edited by Cyrille

Until now I kept the pens in different pen pouches and the boxes in my bank safe with the certificates. Yesterday my wife bought me a collector box for Xmas so I will put my pens in it but currently there is only The Beatles rollerball because my other pens are at the bank safe as we were on travel more than 2 weeks. So I'm impatient to have them back to put all in the collector box :) They are all inked for the moment so I can write with them directly depending on the one I want to use and which ink is in it.

For my Steinway 888 it took me some time (several months) before I decided to ink it and use it. I was a little bit afraid as you but you said we only live once :) I use it and my UNICEF skeleton only at home and for the other pens, I took one sometime with me at work and being careful not let it on my desk when I left it.

Yeah I saw the UNICEF one. Beautiful. Well I guess I have to save more money to get myself a skeleton one :)

Currently debating on the Beatles one with myself.

On the other hand I just told my dealer to track down one of the last jfk 1917 which are on the market.

The collectors box is really nice right?

Oh what did you mean by certificates in the bank? The warranty certificate? Just saw. The box and the certificate. So the box where the pen came in? Thats way too big for my safe. Haha. Too many pens I guess

Edited by Memorexx

Yeah I saw the UNICEF one. Beautiful. Well I guess I have to save more money to get myself a skeleton one :)

Currently debating on the Beatles one with myself.

On the other hand I just told my dealer to track down one of the last jfk 1917 which are on the market.

The collectors box is really nice right?

Oh what did you mean by certificates in the bank? The warranty certificate? Just saw. The box and the certificate. So the box where the pen came in? Thats way too big for my safe. Haha. Too many pens I guess

Yes JFK 1917 is also a really nice piece that is one of my favorites (I have the 3: FP, RB and BP). Yes I store the box where the pen came in and the warranty certificate at the bank but indeed it needs lot of space. I have not too many pens currently but my safe is pretty full (only remaining space for the 2 Beatles).

Yes collectors box is really nice and better to store the pens and admire them. It is not a MB box but it is a nice one too with a glass to see the pens of the first drawer:

collectors-box-large.png

Edited by Cyrille

Hope I get my jfk soon. Cant wait for it.

Yeah I almost bought the Pelikan box. The Pelikan Logo was kind of too big for me though. Steals all the thunder from the pens :D

I have the boxes and certificates in a cabinet at home. Makes me think again if I should put them into my bank.

The 149 case is huge -.- and the jfk SE cases are not small either. Oh well. Problems :D

If youd had to chose between jfk 1917 and beatle 1969, which one would you pick and why?

Hope I get my jfk soon. Cant wait for it.

Yeah I almost bought the Pelikan box. The Pelikan Logo was kind of too big for me though. Steals all the thunder from the pens :D

I have the boxes and certificates in a cabinet at home. Makes me think again if I should put them into my bank.

The 149 case is huge -.- and the jfk SE cases are not small either. Oh well. Problems :D

If youd had to chose between jfk 1917 and beatle 1969, which one would you pick and why?

Really hard question to answer: I think in term of size and weight the 2 pens are really close. In term of design they are completely different: JFK is classical and the Beatles something we really are not used to see. JFK is special for me because I have lot of admiration for the person even if I like really much the Beatles too. JFK has a MOP star the Beatles has not but the microphone is really well design and the UK flag and crown is embossed and really nice. So I think if I can only have one I will choose JFK but more for the character than the pen. And if you think you want in the future the Beatles one too you shouldn't wait too much time because it could be quickly difficult to find it as there is lot of fan of Beatles that could buy it even if they don't use/collect pens.

Thats why I told my dealer to hunt down a JFK 1917 :D I like JFK...even though I am too young to have known him haha. (in 2 days, I'll be 29).

Hopefully he can get a hold of it...speaking about the Beatle pen...yeah...It looked really odd at the beginning to me...but after playing with it for a couple of minutes, it's not so bad :)

Oh well...I really don't like this forum :D people encouraging me to buy more pens...

Good thing with the Beatle pen, you mentioned it, a lot of people will buy that pen. So if I get bored of it, I could probably sell it later for hopefully no loss...even If I ink it.

Thinking about getting it with a B Nib.

Thats why I told my dealer to hunt down a JFK 1917 :D I like JFK...even though I am too young to have known him haha. (in 2 days, I'll be 29).

Hopefully he can get a hold of it...speaking about the Beatle pen...yeah...It looked really odd at the beginning to me...but after playing with it for a couple of minutes, it's not so bad :)

Oh well...I really don't like this forum :D people encouraging me to buy more pens...

Good thing with the Beatle pen, you mentioned it, a lot of people will buy that pen. So if I get bored of it, I could probably sell it later for hopefully no loss...even If I ink it.

Thinking about getting it with a B Nib.

Yes it is the same for me, I'm 36. Yes it is time to buy the JFK 1917 because it will more and more difficult to find one. When my reseller order it to MB at the beginning of 2017, there are only few FP still available.

Yes the forum is very tempting to buy or at least want to buy additional pens ;)