• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• torstar

• amberleadavis

• BradGad

• Sandy1

Love your description of the bottle of ink.

:)

"A knifeless man is a lifeless man." -- Faroe Islands proverb

I keep inks on the desk, in the cabinets and in the sun filled windows (2+ years and I haven't seen fading but I have had them evaporate).

I've deliberately evaporated some inks, just by leaving the cap off the bottle. They don't need to be in the sun or in strong light.

So... we all tend to bond with our pens. In my case, though, I've found I've bonded most (OK, maybe I'm weird) with one of my ink bottles: My go-to is Pilot Blue Black, and I feel a special affinity for that rotund 70 ml bottle. I mean, just think of it... The Great American Novel is in that bottle! The saddest story ever told, and the happiest! The most wondrous poem! They're all in there, just scrunched up in liquid form. It's simply a matter of getting the ink out of the bottle and correctly placing it on the page.

I like to keep the bottle on the desk beside me as I write, to be my little muse and totem.

But, I know ink is best stored out of the light. I'm thinking that this is not a problem, since I go through about 3 ml a week, or more lately. (I have the 350 ml refill bottle.)

Would someone check my thinking here? It's OK to keep the little guy there on the desk beside me? (It's not in direct sunlight.)

Since you say it's not in direct sunlight there really isn't any issue. Also, it's a 70 mL bottle and you're using the ink up at about 3 mL a day. So in (pausing in typing to count up on my fingers, oh wait, I have to take my socks off too now) about 23.3 days you're using up all of that ink. That amount of exposure to direct sunlight might be an issue in some cases, but not in most. So there is no problem keeping the bottle where you have it.

And since it gives you inspiration it is definitely worth it. Bottom line is you're fine with what you're doing, enjoy :thumbup: !

http://i427.photobucket.com/albums/pp360/Ink_Stained_Wretch/indelible_ink.png

On a sacred quest for the perfect blue ink mixture!

ink stained wretch filling inkwell

Since you say it's not in direct sunlight there really isn't any issue. Also, it's a 70 mL bottle and you're using the ink up at about 3 mL a day...

http://i427.photobucket.com/albums/pp360/Ink_Stained_Wretch/indelible_ink.png

Well, three a week. Ish.

"A knifeless man is a lifeless man." -- Faroe Islands proverb

The bottle will not be in 'sunlight' the whole time...a good part of the day the sun is not invited in through the window....or the window should be insulated. If so double glass should slow down sunlight to a crawl.

In reference to P. T. Barnum; to advise for free is foolish, ........busybodies are ill liked by both factions.

Ransom Bucket cost me many of my pictures taken by a poor camera that was finally tossed. Luckily, the Chicken Scratch pictures also vanished.

The cheapest lessons are from those who learned expensive lessons. Ignorance is best for learning expensive lessons.