Glass Nibs For Haro Pens

Inksomnia

I have really trouble to find fitting glass nibs for my Haros. I have two pens and both have original nibs chipped badly. Both pens are really pretty colored, lever-filler got new sac and piston filler works. So these need nibs.

post-124463-0-65219000-1487673399_thumb.jpg

Those nib which have little blue ball are original nibs. They are little bit smaller than that lighter coloured nib, that I ordered on ebay. Originals are both 4mm diameter and the lighter one is 4,5mm. It fits on my other haro, but not deeply enough. Other one it didn't fit at all.

Where I could find these smaller glass nib? I would think that since Haro is German brand, german glass nib would be better fitting. I have tried ebay, with no luck. But also, because I don't speak german, I have trouble to use germany ebay.

Also, if someone have spare glass nibs lying around, I would happily buy some.

I was also thinking about sanding those new nibs smaller, but I'm afraid that it will disturb the ink flow. Those channels aren't deep and sanding 0.5mm may make them useless. And sanding olds nibs isn't option, they are chipped and will break.

I was also consider get nibs custom made, but I have no idea is that possible or where I could find this kind of service.

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Inksomnia

• Astronymus

• Pickwick

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 2 weeks later...

I looked winkpens and they glass nib looks really wide on tip, which is not ideal for me.

Still no luck finding fitting nibs.