Found A Symphony

alfredop

Well, today I found another Symphony equal to the one I already presented here, the only difference is in the color which is not black but a color between bordeaux and maroon. Also this pen has the adjustable nib with the 14CTS inscription. So as I am now quite sure that this type of nib is originale to these pens.

Alfredo

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• alfredop

• Ted F

• joss

• antoniosz

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Well, today I found another Symphony equal to the one I already presented here, the only difference is in the color which is not black but a color between bordeaux and maroon. Also this pen has the adjustable nib with the 14CTS inscription. So as I am now quite sure that this type of nib is originale to these pens.

Alfredo

I agree.

There is another Symphony with adjustable nib with a √√ imprint on both nib and cap here:

www.ebay.com/itm/Stylo-plume-fountain-pen-fullhalter-penna-EVERSHARP-SYMPHONY-nib-writing/401492336249?hash=item5d7acede79:g:jOgAAOSwZvRagcdV

I agree.

There is another Symphony with adjustable nib with a √√ imprint on both nib and cap here:

www.ebay.com/itm/Stylo-plume-fountain-pen-fullhalter-penna-EVERSHARP-SYMPHONY-nib-writing/401492336249?hash=item5d7acede79:g:jOgAAOSwZvRagcdV

The one on eBay is a very stiff price for a Symphony.

The one on eBay is a very stiff price for a Symphony.

The price is absurd but what is interesting is the unseen variant of the cap with the circular √√ logo on the cap band and an unreadable logo/shield at the top of the clip (where you expect the "MADE IN U.S.A." imprint).

This is a picture for future reference:

fpn_1518636930__evsymphadjnib.jpg

Edited by joss

The price is absurd but what is interesting is the unseen variant of the cap with the circular √√ logo on the cap band and an unreadable logo/shield at the top of the clip (where you expect the "MADE IN U.S.A." imprint).

This is a picture for future reference:

fpn_1518636930__evsymphadjnib.jpg

My caps have the same logos at the top of the clip and at the bottom part of the cap (in my case there are not bands since the caps are uniformly gold plated, see my first post). The photos which are hostage of photobucket was documenting both logos.

Alfredo

Here's the mark on my Gold Symphony. It looks like 2 Es, a small V, and the top mark is either a V or a check mark.

attachicon.gif Gold.Mark.jpg

This is the logo on the top part of the clip.

Alfredo

• 7 months later...

I do not know the history of this pen apart from the fact that the seller was in England (not France).

It is a pity that the detailed pictures of Alfredo's pen are not available anymore because I think that, apart from the earlier slipper cap on Alfredo's pen, our pens are similar.

Well the photos are back, it seems that photobucket changed again policy.

Alfredo