Searching For A 2004 M600 Cap End Emblem...

Splotch

Hello everyone,

I have a 2004 M600 that is otherwise in very good condition, but has unfortunately lost the little black emblem at the end of the cap.

In this particular model it is supposed to be the black resin emblem with a golden bird feeding its chick.

Of course, there's the option of purchasing a whole replacement cap, but those go for over 100€, and I don't feel like paying 100€ for a tiny bit of plastic.

So I ask you, the community. Is it possible to replace the M600's cap emblem with the cap emblem of a smaller model? M200, M400? Do you have spare cap emblems lying around? Do you know of someone that does?

Very much appreciated! All the best.

- Splotch

post-49915-0-30784500-1484748899_thumb.jpeg

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Splotch

• Bo Bo Olson

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Have you thought of asking Pelikan in Hanover?

I've no idea if they still have them....but in it's 'new' from 2004 they might still have one. They might want to put it on themselves.

The least they would do is put on a new one and for free.

In reference to P. T. Barnum; to advise for free is foolish, ........busybodies are ill liked by both factions.

Ransom Bucket cost me many of my pictures taken by a poor camera that was finally tossed. Luckily, the Chicken Scratch pictures also vanished.

The cheapest lessons are from those who learned expensive lessons. Ignorance is best for learning expensive lessons.

I've just contacted my local Pelikan representative after Pelikan Germany redirected me there. Let's see how it goes.

One should think that for a 300€+ fountain pen they could service a 0,1€ piece of plastic for free, but so far it seems to be quite complicated.

But let's wait and see. I'll post an update if they solve the problem.

Someone paid money for the repair franchise....so they get first call at repair.

At least you have an answer.

If you put what Continent you are on, makes it easier to direct you to help...but I'd thought it over warrentee and more Hanover's gig.

In reference to P. T. Barnum; to advise for free is foolish, ........busybodies are ill liked by both factions.

Ransom Bucket cost me many of my pictures taken by a poor camera that was finally tossed. Luckily, the Chicken Scratch pictures also vanished.

The cheapest lessons are from those who learned expensive lessons. Ignorance is best for learning expensive lessons.