Posted Images

234 1/2 B nib

Add lightness and simplicate.

16 hours ago, ak47 said:

My Homer today.

20201230_184932.jpg

Nice!!!

• 1 month later...

A light and lively, semi-flex MB 32 eyeballed F/EF.

I have a grand 234 1/2 Deluxe KOB semi-flex, that despite of brass guts, won my once 20 pen balance test. It has a thicker girth than standard pens.

There was a real big, big lot of 400FP / and some 50MP and a few BP's that I didn't win. One of the pens was a 234 1/2...from the cap rings, start of the War Pens.

One has way too many pens, when a 234 1/2 is not always in the live pen cup.:wacko:

On 5/16/2024 at 1:45 PM, Karmachanic said:

234 1/2 B nib

In reference to P. T. Barnum; to advise for free is foolish, ........busybodies are ill liked by both factions.

Ransom Bucket cost me many of my pictures taken by a poor camera that was finally tossed. Luckily, the Chicken Scratch pictures also vanished.

The cheapest lessons are from those who learned expensive lessons. Ignorance is best for learning expensive lessons.

• 3 weeks later...

deleted...doubled.

In reference to P. T. Barnum; to advise for free is foolish, ........busybodies are ill liked by both factions.

Ransom Bucket cost me many of my pictures taken by a poor camera that was finally tossed. Luckily, the Chicken Scratch pictures also vanished.

The cheapest lessons are from those who learned expensive lessons. Ignorance is best for learning expensive lessons.

Mozart Mini 114 Solitaire Doué F, Caran d’ Ache Hypnotic Turquoise. So cute!  Our homework assignment for pen club is to bring our show finds, so now I have to decide on an ink for the matching 144.

large.IMG_1169.jpeg.716b9a3cd29eba76a11bf8eacc200bf8.jpeg

Top 5 of 24 currently inked pens:

MontBlanc 144 IB, Herbin Orange Indien/ Wearingeul Frost

Salz Peter Pan 18k gold filled filligree fine flex/ Waterman Serenity Blue 

Brute Force Designs resin pen FNF ultraflex, Herbin Lie de Thé/Wearingeul Emerald Castle

Parker Falcon, Oblation Portland Rain

Wahl-Eversharp Skyline F Flex, R&K “Blue-Eyed Mary”

always looking for penguin fountain pens and stationery 

1 hour ago, Penguincollector said:

Mozart Mini 114 Solitaire Doué F, Caran d’ Ache Hypnotic Turquoise. So cute!  Our homework assignment for pen club is to bring our show finds, so now I have to decide on an ink for the matching 144.

large.IMG_1169.jpeg.716b9a3cd29eba76a11bf8eacc200bf8.jpeg

What a beautiful little pen. Ink looks a little like Pilot’s iroshizuku ku-jaku but always hard to tell from pics.

4 hours ago, Cjtamu said:

What a beautiful little pen. Ink looks a little like Pilot’s iroshizuku ku-jaku but always hard to tell from pics.

Thank you ! My Namiki is currently inked with Ku-Jaku; I will run upstairs later and do a quick comparison.

ETA: here’s that ink comparison for you @Cjtamu

large.IMG_4650.jpeg.45114e37498b8a372c807c6512c5b432.jpeg

Edited by Penguincollector
Added photo

Top 5 of 24 currently inked pens:

MontBlanc 144 IB, Herbin Orange Indien/ Wearingeul Frost

Salz Peter Pan 18k gold filled filligree fine flex/ Waterman Serenity Blue 

Brute Force Designs resin pen FNF ultraflex, Herbin Lie de Thé/Wearingeul Emerald Castle

Parker Falcon, Oblation Portland Rain

Wahl-Eversharp Skyline F Flex, R&K “Blue-Eyed Mary”

always looking for penguin fountain pens and stationery 

On 3/9/2024 at 12:59 PM, Inkyways said:

I have three 146 Pens and a 149 pen and 4 other Mb vintage like Mozat/ and older vintages.  All my pens haven't got right nib for me as I got them for the sake of collecting.

I only like Extra  Fine or rather FINE NIBS on all average pen collections. . Yes I am into Vintage pens. In my MB collection I have my 149 in fine ( so it is a lucky  add) Out of three 146 I have a fine nib and one pen can be use as fine by using _UPSIDE DOWN writing. I am planing to grind few nibs to fine or EF grinds in the future. 

Mont-blanc-1.jpg

My MB collection has grown little more bigger. I have to add a new family photo soon.

Here is the MB part of my family (with a Chopard Il Classico to boot). These are the ones I am using regularly these days.

20240811_133516 (2).jpg

• 2 weeks later...

A semi-flex MB 14....noting else no 4,6 or 9.     F/EF semi-flex nib.

The MB 14 is of the size of the cartridge 144, so I don't need one of them, that I'd thought about getting for the better balance than the Large 146. (My medium-large '48-59 146, has much better balance than the large-stately 146 and I have a maxi-semi-flex nib on it.)6vrcXas.jpg

The bottom one is the 14. The above it 224 has a stuck piston and has to be repaired. It is the one that took after the '66 Lamy 2000; but not very rough.

I was an Army brat in Germany when the 2000 came out....being an American, knew the King of Fountain pens was the Snorkel and the Prince the P-51. And why one wanted as rough as sandpaper fountain pen was beyond me....and Bauhaus was an unknown term.

OMG, for that ugly rough pen, they wanted as much as for a Snorkel...$12.00 or 48 DM. At 4 DM to a dollar. Not that I had a dollar. Beer was 80 phenning for a pint, 40 (a silver dime) for a half pint. and the Gasthaus's loved taking a silver dime or quarters. A DM was a quarter.

Then came worthless American clad coins...:crybaby:

I didn't understand the economical need of a pen company to sell expensive cartridges just to survive. Ever since I got to Germany in 1964, I though if pistons were any good, we'd have that on American pens....young and dumb. I was the last American generation that used sac pens.

My dream pens, the 149 Calligraphy and the 146 Calligraphy Solitaire Burgundy flex pens.  A very rare pair to find these days.  Also the 146 Sterling Pinstripe with a very, very fine EF nib, that still manages a subtle stubbish quality, a dream nib too.  

Montblanc Calligrphy flex pair 3.JPG

Montblanc Calligrphy flex pair 2.JPG

Montblanc Calligrphy flex pair 1.JPG

MB Burgundy 146 Calligraphy flex pen 2.JPG

MB Burgundy 146 Calligraphy flex pen 1.JPG

MB 149C In Sea Of Words 2.JPG

MB 149C In Sea Of Words 1.JPG

My 149C and 146EF Sept 4 2023.JPG

I find the clean design of the Montblanc flex nib gorgeous. 

146C nib view 4.jpg

13 hours ago, max dog said:

My dream pens, the 149 Calligraphy and the 146 Calligraphy Solitaire Burgundy flex pens.  A very rare pair to find these days.  Also the 146 Sterling Pinstripe with a very, very fine EF nib, that still manages a subtle stubbish quality, a dream nib too.  

Montblanc Calligrphy flex pair 3.JPG

Montblanc Calligrphy flex pair 2.JPG

Montblanc Calligrphy flex pair 1.JPG

MB Burgundy 146 Calligraphy flex pen 2.JPG

MB Burgundy 146 Calligraphy flex pen 1.JPG

MB 149C In Sea Of Words 2.JPG

MB 149C In Sea Of Words 1.JPG

My 149C and 146EF Sept 4 2023.JPG

The pens are all fantastic...but the red/gold Calligraphy is gorgeous.