• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Tom Kellie

• Andrew_L

• nishantdr83

• Baka1969

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I will be adding a new pen soon! Last I heard it was on Hamburg getting a nib!

Will be expecting heavy onslaught of pictures (I hope).

"Storyteller, unfold thy words untold!"

MB146 in Bordeaux with a medium nib. I bought it used with a matching ballpoint and a highlighter, but I think it was produced in the early 90s. I’m really surprised how much I’ve come to love this pen as a daily writer. It’s super smooth, reliable on good paper, and it holds so much ink! I really like it with Noodler’s American Eel Purple Heart. It flows just perfectly.

I went off MB about a decade ago when I sent an 80s Black146 in for repair and they removed the nicely weighted brass piston, put in some modern plastic, and charged me almost a hundred bucks for the downgrade. Now, I think I might ink up my 147 traveller and make it my daily carry.

PoA 2019 with Hadrian?

Seeing as I already have so many dark pens, I have been trying to get ones with more color... More vibrancy to them.

I like Hadrian's history, but the pen is too dark or somber for me. I wanted it, I wanted to like it... But we didn't get along.

Seeing as I already have so many dark pens, I have been trying to get ones with more color... More vibrancy to them.

I like Hadrian's history, but the pen is too dark or somber for me. I wanted it, I wanted to like it... But we didn't get along.

Can't wait to see which one you have chosen :) In color there is James Dean, The Beatles...

• 3 weeks later...

Only have teo MBs currently, the one is 146 burgundy and another is a red snake heritage

• 2 weeks later...

My daily pen is a vintage Mont Blanc 420. Made in 1971, the year I was born. I got it as a momento when my father passed away a couiple of years ago. Its lightwieght and so non flashy but it writes so well. I love it and will never part with it. Hopefully it will still be going long after I am gone. Will pass it down to my son.

• 3 weeks later...

Circa 1980s (plastic thread, press in converter, W Germany) 144 in black with yellow gold, also a later model 144 with metal threads and screw in converter in burgundy and yellow gold. 1998 146 in black with yellow gold with 18K nib, brass piston threads, which was purchased in Paris France.

Edited by Addertooth

• 2 weeks later...

Using my write anywhere combo: Platinum 149 in OB and an 80s 146 with stubbish but fine OM.

Is a Meisterstuck 149 a signature pen, or is it for writing? Is a normal Meisterstuck 149 nib suitable for normal writing? Should I buy the pen for using everyday? Please advise.

Is a Meisterstuck 149 a signature pen, or is it for writing? Is a normal Meisterstuck 149 nib suitable for normal writing? Should I buy the pen for using everyday? Please advise.

The 149 is a large and wide pen, but many people use them for general writing. It all depends on how it fits in your hand, how wide a nib you prefer (fine, medium, broad, etc), how wet or dry it writes, and on the size and style of your own handwriting. The nib is not designed to be used "only for signatures".

I have big, bold, sloppy printed handwriting when I write notes. I have well-controlled cursive when I use it. I prefer large pens, though can write with smaller and slimmer ones, and I prefer broad or broad-oblique nibs, which make my handwriting quite bold.

However, the 149 I've had for many decades has a fine nib on it, and I'm fine with writing with it, too.

The best thing you can do is test 149's in standard nib sizes at a Montblanc dealer or boutique, if you have one close enough to visit. Only by testing will you really be able to tell, and it's an expensive pen to buy if you don't know your preferences.

-- Joel -- "I collect expensive and time-consuming hobbies."

INK (noun): A villainous compound of tannogallate of iron, gum-arabic and water,

chiefly used to facilitate the infection of idiocy and promote intellectual crime.

(from The Devil's Dictionary, by Ambrose Bierce)

Brand new pope julius!! Sheer joy.

~ desidude02:

What a beauty!

May it bring much writing happiness to you.

Tom K.