What's Your Most Recent Mb Purchase? 2017

Ghost Plane

Thank you, Tom k. The pen is really in pristine condition. I confess not being able to capture its beauty with my smartphone camera. Bought it cheap too.

~ mitto:

What you've described is my favorite kind of pen story.

The smartphone photo is lovely, as it brings out the pen's excellent quality.

That such a pristine pen was available at an affordable price is the sweetest touch of all.

Thank you for letting us share in your happiness.

Tom K.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• zaddick

• Tom Kellie

• Ghost Plane

• Pravda

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Mitto it looks like a B. Is thr tipping squared on thr underside? Of it it writes stubbish then it is definitely a B.

If you want less blah, blah, blah and more pictures, follow me on Instagram!

Just received a Carnegie 4810, which I have wanted for a long time. It is just as good as I hoped! Fine nib is perfectly tuned and is actually a true fine, which is a great relief!

Excited to put this pen into daily service!

Just received a Carnegie 4810, which I have wanted for a long time. It is just as good as I hoped! Fine nib is perfectly tuned and is actually a true fine, which is a great relief!

Excited to put this pen into daily service!

Congrats. That explains why you sold the Agatha. Enjoy your new pen. The overlay is fantastic.

Mitto it looks like a B. Is thr tipping squared on thr underside? Of it it writes stubbish then it is definitely a B.

Zaddick, I haven't inked the pen as yet. And yes, I think the tipping looks square on the underside.

Khan M. Ilyas

~ mitto:

What you've described is my favorite kind of pen story.

The smartphone photo is lovely, as it brings out the pen's excellent quality.

That such a pristine pen was available at an affordable price is the sweetest touch of all.

Thank you for letting us share in your happiness.

Tom K.

Thank you once again, Tom K. The seller's demand was $230. Paid $220 and walked out of the antique store with two other vintage pens. A Sheaffer Statesman-II lever fill and a CS 475. Paid another $65 for these two.

Khan M. Ilyas

Not my most recent MB purchase (which is another 149 I bought yesterday), but here is the hard to find 3B nib on a 149. Below is a writing sample. For scale, that is an entire sheet of US Letter paper (8.5 x 11 inches) turned to landscape.

fpn_1487011536__20170213_103848_resized.

A close up of the nib next to the no pressure (top) and some pressure (bottom) squiggles. The no pressure vertical line is about 1.6 to 1.7 MM and with pressure, around 2.1 to 2.2 MM. (I am eyeballing it with a clear ruller that has MM marks.)

fpn_1487011803__20170213_104017_resized.

Waiting on a couple of MB's I bought from Germany. They're both used. One's a Ballpoint & the other, a 146 LeGrand. They're actually for my wife's upcoming B-day next month. The LeGrand is a surprise & the ballpoint is a replacement for one she had lost. Hoping for good results on the 146?

pix are from the 2 sellers' listings...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v420/Rnbguitars/MB%20LeGrand%20146_zps0tvgi3hu.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v420/Rnbguitars/MB%20Legrand%20146%20a_zpsanis86tw.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v420/Rnbguitars/P1221688_zpsn5gmetjx.jpg

Not my most recent MB purchase (which is another 149 I bought yesterday), but here is the hard to find 3B nib on a 149. Below is a writing sample. For scale, that is an entire sheet of US Letter paper (8.5 x 11 inches) turned to landscape.

fpn_1487011536__20170213_103848_resized.

A close up of the nib next to the no pressure (top) and some pressure (bottom) squiggles. The no pressure vertical line is about 1.6 to 1.7 MM and with pressure, around 2.1 to 2.2 MM. (I am eyeballing it with a clear ruller that has MM marks.)

fpn_1487011803__20170213_104017_resized.

Congratulations my friend! :) joining this year's O3B club, I know of at least 2 other people who'll be psyched to see this.

Nice one, zaddick. A 3B on a 149? That's fantastic! Here's to many happy years of fat writing!

Congratulations, Penntellr. You can't really go far wrong with a 146. My daily rotation changes a lot these days, but a 146 usually finds its way into my pocket. Hope she likes it.

Mitto: I'd agree with zaddick and niksch, looks like a broad nib. There's a lot of love for the extra-broad nibs in the MB forum at the moment, but the straightforward B is a classic, a great nib with a nice variation and a multitude of uses. Enjoy.

Zaddick, your 149 3B is quite a rare find--congratulations! Which feed does it have?

Rationalizing pen and ink purchases since 1967.