What's Your Most Recent Mb Purchase? 2017

Ghost Plane

More "vintage ink" in the previous generation shoe bottles. This batch looks to be from the late 2000s to the early 2010s based on the boxes. I was able to source some hard to find discontinued colors including Racing Green, Turquoise, and Violet. A modern Irish Green came along for the ride.

fpn_1486023567__20170201_161501_resized.

I also just purchased a 149 that was put together especially for me. A custom job of sorts. Stay tuned to this thread for pictures when it arrives!

If you want less blah, blah, blah and more pictures, follow me on Instagram!

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• zaddick

• Tom Kellie

• Ghost Plane

• Pravda

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

More "vintage ink" in the previous generation shoe bottles. This batch looks to be from the late 2000s to the early 2010s based on the boxes. I was able to source some hard to find discontinued colors including Racing Green, Turquoise, and Violet. A modern Irish Green came along for the ride.

I also just purchased a 149 that was put together especially for me. A custom job of sorts. Stay tuned to this thread for pictures when it arrives!

Love violet but never got the chance to see Turquoise in action. Care to demonstrate?

Can't wait to see your mystery pen!

I did not realise that MB ever did a turquoise ink! Like GP I would be interested to see what it looks like on paper.

Your new pen sounds intriguing.... :)

Newbie question: so Ink doesn't expire? I also have an old bottle of Turquiose which "expired" July 2014!

As long as it looks good to use with no sediments

+1 or mold or stringy bits

I have ink that is about 60 years old and it still works just fine.

Opened bottles are a bit of a gamble, but many older inks had preservatives that killed off bactrria. Im the past when FPs were the norm, people did not clean pens as often as us enthusiasts do today so it had to be a little more robust.

OK, the credit card is still smoking form my most recent purchase... a sneak peek only.

fpn_1486161968__coming_soon.jpg

OK, the credit card is still smoking form my most recent purchase... a sneak peek only.

fpn_1486161968__coming_soon.jpg

You are my hero!

Tom Kellie's photos are encouraging me to dig deeper into my ink drawers and introduce more colour variety into my fountainn pen experience.

This is the ultimate enabler thread and I will only read it occasionally.

For now I'm playing with my inks and vicariously enjoying your new acquisitions.

Edited by meiers

N I C E.

I'm glad you're having fun.

Tom Kellie's photos are encouraging me to dig deeper into my ink drawers and introduce more colour variety into my fountainn pen experience.

This is the ultimate enabler thread and I will only read it occasionally.

For now I'm playing with my inks and vicariously enjoying your new acquisitions.

fpn_1486192503__polychrome.jpg

Technically 2 of these were purchased in 2016 so not sure if qualify's for this particular thread (but in my defence 1 of those in late December 2016!) My Montblanc's; Karajan, Oscar Wilde and Dostoevsky.

I love the finial on the Wilde and the Dostoesky, and am now tempted by the Schiller, which I believe is less pricey than some of the other WE models. I just hope I don't start collecting them... :closedeyes:

*On a side note I've recently taken to converting Jinhao 159's into Zebra G flex nib pens- lets hope that will occupy me on the pen buying front for the next 12 months...you know, to avoid financial catastrophe! :excl:

L1280004.jpg

The only true 2017 purchase; MB Dostoevsky- love that snowcap;

IMG_5567.jpg

This is very understated but very Russian and flamboyant at the same time- if that makes any sense... :huh:

IMG_5568.jpg

Last pic- sorry nib not in focus- still haven't figured out how to get everything in focus on an iPhone yet- I wish there was some kind of f-stop function but I digress...

This Oscar Wilde was purchased in late 2016, but received in 2017. Love the barrel- looks almost like Kiwi celluloid (wish it was celluloid- imagine how awesome that would be!). Again the snowcap steals the show...

IMG_5233.jpg

This was actually a 2016 purchase that I consulted the Montblanc forum about awhile back and I love it. Not a cool OBBB like what is all the rage here but I love it. I use it everyday. Highly recommended.

post-128159-0-95365300-1486255382_thumb.jpg