What's Your Most Recent Mb Purchase? 2017

Ghost Plane

Bought this beauty over the weekend from the bay, it would seem not many people were online at that time as I got it for a great price too. The broad nib was a lovely surprise also as I couldnt tell from the photos what I was getting. Needs a good clean and service, something I will do this weekend before Christmas.

Congrats that is a really cool pen!

Laguna Niguel, California.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• zaddick

• Tom Kellie

• Ghost Plane

• Pravda

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Starwalker cool blue. Bit of a dream pen for me.probably the first mb i lusted after.

Congratulations Ryan. It's a wonderful pen indeed.

My latest MB acquisition is a 149 Platinum OBBB :bunny01: . It is not here yet (I doubt I will get it this year. But I'm sure it is worth the wait).

Technically, the last one I bought was a 146R - a pen I have wanted for a while. Unfortunately my search for the 146R is not over yet, since this purchase (from a very reputable seller) was a nightmare: the pen was sold as mint NOS, but what I received was more scratched than many unrestored vintage I buy, the plating of the piston ring was falling at one spot and the barrel was cracked :bawl: , so it went back and I'll continue to look for a 146R.

My latest MB acquisition is a 149 Platinum OBBB. It is not here yet (I doubt I will get it this year. But I'm sure it is worth the wait).

~ Lam1:

After your new Platinum 149 OBBB arrives, I hope that you'll enjoy it as much as I've enjoyed mine.

It's great news that you've ordered one. They're such superb writers.

Tom K.

Congratulations, dubhe.

Great pen with a great nib.

Love the broad nib. I've been going down the BB route for years now, but it was a B nib that first sent me down this avenue - and I'm hoping to get some B's back into the rotation, soon.

Enjoy.

Bought this beauty over the weekend from the bay, it would seem not many people were online at that time as I got it for a great price too. The broad nib was a lovely surprise also as I couldnt tell from the photos what I was getting. Needs a good clean and service, something I will do this weekend before Christmas.attachicon.gif4DB2CE64-F0E0-4E1D-9BFB-0464EC84EA2F.jpeg

Was that the one listed as a "Vintage Meisterstuck"? I saw that pen but had already bid on this (and won it :) ):

post-110470-0-89624500-1513873582_thumb.jpg

post-105673-0-42937900-1514019808_thumb.jpg

post-105673-0-43833700-1514019899_thumb.jpg

I picked this up in Harrods on a theatrical jaunt around London. I must say the Great Writers Room is rather splendid, and take a look at the gallery on the left. They're selling Miro's, Picassos and arrange of stuff that looks rather nice.

Edited by sandy101

It's so good. Isn't it :wub:

It's still wrapped :) Kind of a present from my dealer...cuz I left so much money there the last couple of months :D

Will open it in 2 days...the box is massive...thought it would be a little bit smaller

attachicon.gifimg040.jpg

attachicon.gifIMG_2965.JPG

I picked this up in Harrods on a theatrical jaunt around London. I must say the Great Writers Room is rather splendid, and take a look at the gallery on the left. They're selling Miro's, Picassos and arrange of stuff that looks rather nice.

Now I’ve seen it in an OBB, I’ve changed my mind. Want!

It's so good. Isn't it :wub:

I unwrapped it...and my pens have a new home :)

Still waiting for my JFK limited and debating with my self if I should get the Beatles 1969

But the case is a beauty...it still smells like its brand new and just got its paint job

post-122110-0-00092200-1514200613_thumb.jpg

I have one of those boxes — nice gift from the MB Boutique — I paid over $700 USD for mine on special order from a Boutique! But, no regrets, they are a beautiful product.

Yes. Sooooo beautiful. I was thinking about getting a box from another brand. Thank god my dealer convinced me to wait :)

The only bad thing is, the box taunts me to fill up all 20 slots....I have 12 so far. Looking for no 13 and 14 right now