What's Your Most Recent Mb Purchase? 2017

Ghost Plane

The more I use it, the more I am coming to appreciate it. It has a good, everyday character that is fitting in with my uses. It has a subtle beauty for when a calm red is called for. That's the same feeling I had with the Jazz Blue, and I think this falls in like quite nice. The water color approach to inks will be a nice addition to a collection.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• zaddick

• Tom Kellie

• Ghost Plane

• Pravda

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The more I use it, the more I am coming to appreciate it. It has a good, everyday character that is fitting in with my uses. It has a subtle beauty for when a calm red is called for. That's the same feeling I had with the Jazz Blue, and I think this falls in like quite nice. The water color approach to inks will be a nice addition to a collection.

~ grantmm:

I'm effortlessly susceptible to descriptions of calm, paler inks.

As I've previously noted, I like Miles Davis Jazz Blue in OBBB nibs for the pale look it has.

Watercolors have been integral in my life for over five decades.

Having aspects of their beauty in Montblanc inks is a welcome alternative.

Your endorsement and rationale have nudged me past the tipping point.

When the ink is again in stock in the Montblanc China on-line shop, I'll order it.

Thank you for your helpful comments.

Tom K.

I don't think the ink is as bad as some are making it out to be with such limited resources being presented. On a thicker, more absorbent paper than Tomoe River, the ink is given more chance to display the pigment.

http://i.imgur.com/Dic3NzD.jpg?1

Carlos, that is easily the most beautiful montblanc I've ever seen. Congrats.

Thank you. It is indeed a very beautiful pen. Too bad my iPhone photos don't do it justice...

I got tired of waiting for my Lucky Orange ink on backorder, so I bought a bottle at the boutique. All the recent photos of the ink made me want to play with it instead of being patient.

If you want less blah, blah, blah and more pictures, follow me on Instagram!

Thanks Grant. It is going into a 149 with an O3B so I think flow should be ok. :)

Pics to follow when I find a few moments in the office.

Year of the Dog red Ink looks interesting. Will have to try a bottle one time.

I feel the same way about MB Burgundy Red. Might want to check out that ink if you haven't already.

Edited by max dog

New ink came in the mail. Box is a litle smashed.

fpn_1505327670__20170913_104520_resized.

Does not match my BMW at all. I am more of a silbergrau kinda guy.

Just got this one today. A 1950's MB142 gray striated with a KM nib.

fpn_1505246506__img_5290.jpg

Amazing looking pen Carlos. Thanks for sharing. Now I want one too! It looks so nice

I got tired of waiting for my Lucky Orange ink on backorder, so I bought a bottle at the boutique. All the recent photos of the ink made me want to play with it instead of being patient.

I did the same Zaddick when I bought the M Ultra Black the other week. Back ordered online, so picked up the last bottle on hand at the boutique. Filled the M pen once and wrote a few lines. Good color, but to my eyes it didn't fit that pen, so I emptied it and now thinking about which pen to fill with Lucky Orange. I'm going to try it in the Blue Hour BB later this week.

I got this Solitaire Le Grand in Stainless Steel and Carbon. Haven't heard of this finish before, saw it in my local classifieds and it was love at first sight :lol: It was in unused condition.

fdhuV5E.jpg

I think the 146 is going to be a great pen for a long time to come. I expect it will be joined by one in Platinum at some point maybe that one in B or OB. For now it is putting my pen buying habits to a stop while I enjoy this one.

I have been really loving the 146M so much I ended up just buying Zaddick's 146 B he was selling in the same ad. So much for just enjoying the pen and not buying more for a while. I think this time I am done for a few months. I really can't see anything else I want to add to the collection until I have saved enough for a 149 ;) Maybe at that point I will be ready to go from B to BB/OBB. My Masuyama Medium CI sure has been the gateway to moving into wider nibs. In January my favorites were all F's...

Laguna Niguel, California.

I got this Solitaire Le Grand in Stainless Steel and Carbon. Haven't heard of this finish before, saw it in my local classifieds and it was love at first sight :lol: It was in unused condition.

~ Kaveh:

After looking at the terrific photo, it's easy to understand why you love such a lovely pen.

Thank you for posting this. I've only recently learned about this finish, so I especially enjoyed the high detail image.

In unused condition, no less? It was a purchase meant for you.

May it provide you with much happy writing.

Tom K.

I have been really loving the 146M so much I ended up just buying Zaddick's 146 B he was selling in the same ad. So much for just enjoying the pen and not buying more for a while. I think this time I am done for a few months. I really can't see anything else I want to add to the collection until I have saved enough for a 149 ;) Maybe at that point I will be ready to go from B to BB/OBB. My Masuyama Medium CI sure has been the gateway to moving into wider nibs. In January my favorites were all F's...

~ Driften:

This is a familiar pattern.

My lone 146, a B nib, was the gateway to much wider nibs, after several satisfying years of EF nibs.

I'm glad that you acquired the 146 B from zaddick. With more to enjoy, more happiness with ink and paper.

Thank you for telling us. The Broad Side welcomes all who stop by for cookies, friendly conversation and use of broader nibs for writing.

Tom K.