What's Your Most Recent Mb Purchase? 2017

Ghost Plane

Hi,

Finally, today I have received this fountain pen ... one that needs no further explanation .... I hope it works well....

Regards

Enjoy your beautiful 149, Feamat, and use it in good health.

http://www.ALuckyLifeBook.com

http://www.bobsoltys.com

An Easterner had a nervous breakdown. Wyoming, with its wide open spaces and healthy pursuits, was prescribed as a cure - Clive Sinclair (paraphr).

I've got a lot of fond memories of that dog. - Indiana Jones in Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• zaddick

• Tom Kellie

• Ghost Plane

• Pravda

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Yes, I am sometimes. OK, here are the pens, now that I finished my SF pen show report. I'll just do the MB pens here.

First, the not so rare Dumas.

fpn_1503956889__20170827_113008_resized_

I have another Dumas with a B nib, but I like the pen and have had multiples before. This one had an interesting grind on the nib. Someone did a fairly sheer cut on the top of the nib, pretty much left the bottom alone, and still somehow ended up with a medium Italic. Check it out...

fpn_1503956934__20170827_112909_resized_

fpn_1503956962__20170827_112924_resized_

fpn_1503957011__20170828_141631_resized.

The rare MB is one I had only seen once or twice before. It is a 24 demo. I speculate it was either a salesman's demo (given the radical switch from the Meisterstuck line it might make sense to use the pen as a tool to talk about the changes) or it was a factory demo for testing that snuck out. I am not sure. Maybe there is a more boring explination or a small batch was made. If anyone knows, please share the info.

fpn_1503957214__20170827_113550_resized_

fpn_1503957308__20170827_113706_resized_

fpn_1503958496__20170827_113746_resized_

The pen is in good shape, with some scuff marks and scratches by no fractures I could see. I have not decided if I will use it or keep it as a display piece.

The Dumas is great but the demo is a real prize! Thanks for sharing :)

I bought my first Mb (146); it is amazing and I absolutely love it!

Now you know what the fuss is about. Hope you enjoy it as much as we love ours.

Hi,

Finally, today I have received this fountain pen ... one that needs no further explanation .... I hope it works well....

Regards

Wow! This is probably the most understated grail pen for a collector :) at this price-point you have many options that are less subtle or modest in terms of design. But, you have great taste. Enjoy it!

My Vintage Montblanc Website--> link

Very nice! Congrats.

Hi,

Regards

The more we possess, the more important we get. So specifies the rule settled by all mankind but a few tribes.

~ The more our friends have and enjoy, the happier we feel for them. So is the cheerful feeling in this thread.

Tom K.

~ The more our friends have and enjoy, the happier we feel for them. So is the cheerful feeling in this thread.

Tom K.

👌

My Vintage Montblanc Website--> link

Still here inside the boutique. They're putting the new M Matte Blacks out on display. It looks much better than the shiny resin Marc Newson from last year and also has a nice pop of orange between the grip and barrel. I like it a lot. But I can also tell finish will not hold up well in comparison to the Ultra Black. This matte finish seems more like a thin coat on top of their normal shiny resin. I'm a sucker for Orange so I had to have one. Picked one up in with a fine nib. They also found a bottle of lucky orange ink tucked in the back. Photos to follow ...

Edited by 888007888

Received my new MB 149 Rose Gold with O3B nib this afternoon and this nib is without issues and quite acceptable, just lovely. Filled it up with JFK and it writes a smooth, wet, fat line that is quite what I'd hoped for after all those hours drooling over Tom Kellie's pictures :drool: Will need a little practice, it handles differently than the IB nibs I've been using lately. Oh darn, more nib time...

Otherwise, today was eaten by locusts so no pictures this time. Soon, I hope.

"Inspiration exists, but it has to find you working." -Pablo Picasso

Received my new MB 149 Rose Gold with O3B nib this afternoon and this nib is without issues and quite acceptable, just lovely. Filled it up with JFK and it writes a smooth, wet, fat line that is quite what I'd hoped for after all those hours drooling over Tom Kellie's pictures :drool: Will need a little practice, it handles differently than the IB nibs I've been using lately. Oh darn, more nib time...

Otherwise, today was eaten by locusts so no pictures this time. Soon, I hope.

fpn_1504330254__practice.jpg

Yay! I'd better fire up the oven to celebrate. I was going to make a vanilla batch with date crumbles, but I got a packet of candied ginger bits and I'm wondering if they might go well with chocolate instead. Or maybe a combination of ginger with the dates so they're less sweet and have a kick?

I'm still on a Yu-Yake kick with the Skeleton. Sometimes you find that perfect combination...

fpn_1504388073__o3b_with_cookies.jpg

~ BillH:

2017 “Pen, Nib, Handwriting Sample & Cookies” Photo of the Year!

Thank you and enjoy your terrific OBBB.

Tom K.

I did end up grabbing one of these. My first 149 and re-nibbed to an OBB. We'll tour the building next month when we travel north for the Hamburg pen show.

fpn_1504521704__mb149.jpg

Alan

~ romad119:

That's a terrific photo. What a 149!

An OBB? Great!

Thank you for sharing this good news with us.

Tom K.