What's Your Most Recent Mb Purchase? 2017

Ghost Plane

I asked them to order me a BB nib which should be here in 2 weeks or so. Already inked it up with Burgundy Red for the time being.

I did a couple of lines with it just now and 'whoa!' what a nib! Not sure if the Masters for Meisterstuck is a series from a class of its own or I just got really lucky- it is unbelievable. Almost feeling bad that it is to be exchanged eventually.

Notice how the silver on the L'Aubrac shimmers or shines so much brighter than the platinum. I actually quite liked that. And I thought if it would develop a nice patina, then so be it. It is a 2013 and hasn't yet. Plus it can always be polished easily, like I do with my Martele.

Also figured that the L'Aubrac is becoming harder to find by the day, while the Firenze is a 2017 model and will be around in the boutiques for quite some time. It struck me as 'classy' and well reserved.

The nib is a regular 146 platinum nib. But for some reason this one came perfectly aligned, well tuned and incredibly smooth. Don't recall it being hard as a nail either, but no give like the Heritage series. I thought maybe because it is part of the 'Masters for Meisterstuck' series that the nib meisters may have paid a little more attention to the craftsmanship, who knows?

fpn_1500758945__laubrac.jpg

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• zaddick

• Tom Kellie

• Ghost Plane

• Pravda

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Pelikan's M800 IB is one of my most favorite nibs and lays down a wider line than the MB 146 OBB, my other most favorite nib. Love them both!

"Inspiration exists, but it has to find you working." -Pablo Picasso

My 5th writers edition :)

Congratulations! By the way, the second pic (from the "sky") makes me think of the Cross Peerless.

Just bought 2 bottles of the AdS-E ink and another Unicef from Pen Boutique. They are having a sale on the inks right now so if you want to save a few $ check them out. I spoke with Joe in Customer Service and he was quite helpful. Not affiliated other than a satisfied customer.

BTW - Lucky Orange and Jazz Blue are on back order. They also have the Shakespeare ink still for anyone looking.

If you want less blah, blah, blah and more pictures, follow me on Instagram!

A Montblanc 1950's 149 in OBB and a Montblanc 75th Anniversary Special Edition 149 in OBBB!! I am a OBBB/OBB convert!! I will never go back!! I have crossed over to the dark side!!!

You have exceptional taste!

My Vintage Montblanc Website--> link

~ neugeekig:

What an exceptionally fine image.

As soon as I saw it, I smiled.

Thank you for sharing such high quality photography.

Please do enjoy the well-priced Montblanc for BMW ink.

Tom K.

The Lucky Orange is for the Rouge et Noir Solitaire and the Encre du Desert is for the inbound Miracle Pine. A few cartridges for my wife while her Starwalker pencil is being engraved in Hamburg. Of course, a few new items require some changes in pouches.

fpn_1501354102__mb1.jpg

The in-person appearance was much better than the online impression. Stainless steel won out over coral resin.

fpn_1501354143__mb2.jpg

Alan

The Lucky Orange is for the Rouge et Noir Solitaire and the Encre du Desert is for the inbound Miracle Pine.

~ Alan:

You've ordered one of the 113 2011 Tsunami “Miracle Pine” pens?

Wow! That's great to know.

Whenever it arrives, it would be wonderful to see an image as nice as your ink shot above.

Tom K.

Havent bought something of MB for a long time. But this small thing I couldn't resist.

post-44576-0-65886200-1501424108_thumb.jpg

My preferred supplier (no affiliation just a very happy customer):

Appelboom

Just got this in and love it. I'll probably wear out the retraction mechanism in a week. :lticaptd:

post-110470-0-75786200-1501535146_thumb.jpg

~ Alan:

You've ordered one of the 113 2011 Tsunami “Miracle Pine” pens?

Wow! That's great to know.

Whenever it arrives, it would be wonderful to see an image as nice as your ink shot above.

Tom K.

Tom,

It arrived today - my first non-F nib as well. Having spent 2 tours in South Korea and a few weeks of that in Japan instructing in this area - it was the story I found interesting. Far more than the value of materials and 'bling' for this model of pen.

Alan

fpn_1501602360__mb_mp3.jpg

Alan

Just got this in and love it. I'll probably wear out the retraction mechanism in a week. :lticaptd:

Nice addition and I understand the part about wearing out the mechanism. This just may be the fidget spinner MB counterpart.

Alan

Alan

My first 14x, finally! This one is a 1970s MB 146 monotone nib

fpn_1501315282__img_0890.png

Beautiful. Probably my favourite pen. Hope you enjoy it.