What's Your Most Recent Mb Purchase? 2017

Ghost Plane

Lovely pen Ghost Plane and an even better choice of nib.

If you want less blah, blah, blah and more pictures, follow me on Instagram!

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• zaddick

• Tom Kellie

• Ghost Plane

• Pravda

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Oops! Something followed me home. OBB trumps budget.

~ Making handwriting great again and again and again.

Terrific OBB!

Tom K.

A MB 136, maybe the with wrong clip, but still a nice pen.

fpn_1498775055__dpp_114407.jpg

Edited by farmdogfan

A MB 136, maybe the with wrong clip, but still a nice pen.

fpn_1498775055__dpp_114407.jpg

I think the clip is feasible. I love the long ink window. Congratulations.

Well, I went to the MB boutique to check on the two pens I sent in for repair in what seems like the 1990s (ok, February). I did find one came back but the rocket scientists working on pen assembly put threads on my pen that did not match my cap so it does not screw on well at all. Something anyone with about 10 seconds of MB expereince could have identified right away. So, back to TX for more work. The other pen is still sitting in a shoebox somewhere at MB.

But, frustrations aside, the darn boutique actually had some LE inks in stock. I was shocked because this is the first time in maybe 2 years of occasional visits they actually had any ink outside the standard line. So, I bought it because I like the cute little bottles.

Besides, who doesn't need more blue? :rolleyes:

fpn_1498862837__20170630_153447_resized.

Edited by zaddick

Well, I went to the MB boutique to check on the two pens I sent in for repair in what seems like the 1990s (ok, February). I did find one came back but the rocket scientists working on pen assembly put threads on my pen that did not match my cap so it does not screw on well at all. Something anyone with about 10 seconds of MB expereince could have identified right away. So, back to TX for more work. The other pen is still sitting in a shoebox somewhere at MB.

But, frustrations aside, the darn boutique actually had some LE inks in stock. I was shocked because this is the first time in maybe 2 years of occasional visits they actually had any ink outside the standard line. So, I bought it because I like the cute little bottles.

Besides, who doesn't need more blue? :rolleyes:

fpn_1498862837__20170630_153447_resized.

I just ordered the same two inks online from the MB website. Also because of the box designs more so than the inks 😎

I think the clip is feasible. I love the long ink window. Congratulations.

Thanks Zaddick.

Today my mail box had this:

fpn_1498892384__img_1248_copy.jpg

fpn_1498892538__img_1245.jpg

fpn_1498892594__img_1247_copy.jpg

fpn_1498892652__img_1246_copy.jpg

Brahms with OBB! :wub:

The pen has a bit of a story. A few weeks ago I received an email from LCdC with a great offer for the Ultra Black (only 6 available), and I bought one with an OBB. I also passed the info along to a good friend here, who managed to get his too.

After he had received his and I didn't receive even notice of shipment of mine, I went to check my account at LCdC and there was no mention of my purchase :unsure: . So, I sent an email to Dennis (Sunday evening there) and within minutes received a reply that he was in transit and couldn't check what happened, but that I shouldn't worry that he would take care of me. Next morning I receive an email that he talked with PayPal and there had been a glitch in their computers and they did not send the money they took from me to LCdC, that is why LCdC didn't show a purchase. Dennis told me that they ran out of stock of Ultra Black, but he could try to get one for me (although it would take time) OR, for my troubles, he could offer me 30% off ANY MB :yikes: . Talk about taking care of his clients!! And what a time to be broke with medical bills, eh? I looked at that wonderful Heritage 1914, mentally calculated how much I could get for a kidney and... No! Common sense set in and I said that since the Brahms was the same price, he could send that one as long as it was OBB (which they didn't offer, but Dennis said he could try to get) or the Ultra Black, whichever was faster to get. So here it is! The Ultra Black will have to wait a bit ;) .

Currently inked with UNICEF Turquoise. I love that uncapped the pen is a little longer than the 146, making it very comfortable. The nib is MAGNIFICENT!

Congratulations on your Brahms with an excellent choice of nib. I love thr blue ink windows on these pens.

Well, apparently I did not have enough MB ink because I just ordered a lot more on the net. Not sleeping can get expensive for me! Darn convenience of the interwebs.

I just hope if here is an apocalypse that MB ink becomes the currency of the land because I will be all set.

I just ordered the same two inks online from the MB website. Also because of the box designs more so than the inks

Yes the 2 inks are really great, specially the UNICEF I love some much. At school I loved to write with turquoise ink and find the one of MB really nice. I will buy one or two additional before MB stop sell it. The one of Miles Davis is little bit too light but interesting blue one even so.

Edited by Cyrille

snip...

Currently inked with UNICEF Turquoise. I love that uncapped the pen is a little longer than the 146, making it very comfortable. The nib is MAGNIFICENT!

Oh Lam1, that is gorgeous! And that nib! :puddle: Well done, and it didn't take as long as you would think it would have, nib swap and all.

"Inspiration exists, but it has to find you working." -Pablo Picasso

Congratulations on your Brahms with an excellent choice of nib. I love thr blue ink windows on these pens.

Thank you, Zaddick.

I really love the blue ink window too. I also like the fact that it is a flat top and a tad longer (uncapped) than the 146.

Oh Lam1, that is gorgeous! And that nib! :puddle: Well done, and it didn't take as long as you would think it would have, nib swap and all.

Thank you, BillH.

Yeah, it was a lot faster than I thought - not that I'm complaining.

The nib is really great - not an OBBB ;) , but still pretty nice.

Hi all.

Yeasterday I was on a work travel, and we went to the mall in Sao Paulo (Brazil). Me and my friends were having fun and watching the stores until we found a jewelery store. I went when I noticed the giant white star. (obvious).

At that store, they have a lot of Montblanc pens and assessories from the 90s, like the Meisterstuck letter opener, pen stand, and so one.

Two pices catched my attention: the Proust and Schiller.

The Schiller was a set, but the sales woman broked up the set in the past by selling the ballpoint. Fortunately, they have the box and papers. And the woman sold me the mechanical pencil for only 300 USD! It was amazing price and I couldn't resist.

This is my acquisition.

Take care,

Hi all.

Yeasterday I was on a work travel, and we went to the mall in Sao Paulo (Brazil). Me and my friends were having fun and watching the stores until we found a jewelery store. I went when I noticed the giant white star. (obvious).

At that store, they have a lot of Montblanc pens and assessories from the 90s, like the Meisterstuck letter opener, pen stand, and so one.

Two pices catched my attention: the Proust and Schiller.

The Schiller was a set, but the sales woman broked up the set in the past by selling the ballpoint. Fortunately, they have the box and papers. And the woman sold me the mechanical pencil for only 300 USD! It was amazing price and I couldn't resist.

This is my acquisition.

Take care,

I forgot to mention what probably is the most interesting: the number of this pencil is 500/4000. ;) take care,

I forgot to mention what probably is the most interesting: the number of this pencil is 500/4000. ;) take care,

You also forgot to post a photo!! :)