What's Your Most Recent Mb Purchase? 2017

Ghost Plane

It's between the ring and the piston cone, which suggests that whoever last assembled it didn't thread the mechanism quite right.

http://i.imgur.com/h66XlEL.jpg?2

But I love this nib:

http://i.imgur.com/rJ8dQjz.jpg?1Yum! That is one attractive BB :wub:

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• zaddick

• Tom Kellie

• Ghost Plane

• Pravda

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Picked up this fella earlier this week:

http://i.imgur.com/7OZcbI6.jpg

Has just a hint of Baby's bottom methinks - will be easy enough to sort out though. Really like the matte black look!!

Picked up this fella earlier this week:

http://i.imgur.com/7OZcbI6.jpg

Has just a hint of Baby's bottom methinks - will be easy enough to sort out though. Really like the matte black look!!

Check for tine alignment / gap first. A new pen rarely suffers a baby bottom, a condition which develops after years of use and/or inexperienced modification.

Check for tine alignment / gap first. A new pen rarely suffers a baby bottom, a condition which develops after years of use and/or inexperienced modification.

Aye - the tines are absolutely perfect and the gap seems fine - she writes fairly wet and the ink flow seems good (tried several different inks). Flushed and re-flushed (distilled water and a very mild ammonia solution) to make sure she's clean.

Getting occasional skips (always on downstroke) - so I'm leaning to Baby's Bottom. Will write with it for a few weeks before tweaking it for sure!

... or brand new, out of the box on Visconti Pd nibs B and up. ;)

Edited by zaddick

If you want less blah, blah, blah and more pictures, follow me on Instagram!

In a bit of insanity I also purchased this fella:

http://i.imgur.com/rROfIa4.jpg

I had no intention of getting him but was quite smitten after seeing it in person. Andy writes perfectly!

A slimline that needed some serious flushing, Lovely condition though.

I have a soft spot for slim metal pens.

... or brand new, out of the box on Visconti Pd nibs B and up. ;)

I can attest to Zaddick's comment regarding Visconti nibs out of box new. My 1.3 and BB and B all needed tuning and all were brand new. All three had baby's bottom. Haven't had any issues with Montblanc pen nibs. If you have a boutique near you, I would take advantage of the free nib exchange within the first 6 weeks of ownership.

A nice late MB 344, in very good shape, it´s bigger than i thought, about 1 cm longer than my 342, and close to the same lenght as the celluloid 146.

It has a weird inscription on the inside of the clip, maybe the former owner? who knows.

fpn_1494664253__dpp_114277.jpg

fpn_1494664276__dpp_114279.jpg

fpn_1494664290__dpp_114281.jpg

fpn_1494664301__dpp_114282.jpg

fpn_1494664315__dpp_114283.jpg

my most recent purchase was not a fountain pen, even though I did purchase the 146 fp. soon before this one. It is a classified ball point! Love it.

my most recent purchase was not a fountain pen, even though I did purchase the 146 fp. soon before this one. It is a classified ball point! Love it.

~ penman1914:

What's a “classified ball point”?

Tom K.

A nice late MB 344, in very good shape, it´s bigger than i thought, about 1 cm longer than my 342, and close to the same lenght as the celluloid 146.

It has a weird inscription on the inside of the clip, maybe the former owner? who knows.

fpn_1494664253__dpp_114277.jpg

fpn_1494664276__dpp_114279.jpg

fpn_1494664290__dpp_114281.jpg

fpn_1494664301__dpp_114282.jpg

fpn_1494664315__dpp_114283.jpg

Love my 344s!

Rationalizing pen and ink purchases since 1967.

I can't and shouldn't buy a new MB at the moment (I recently bought a Heritage 1912 rollerball, but keeping it in the box until my birthday in a few weeks).

However... I held the Borghese PoA in the Bond Street boutique and it is sensational to hold. The barrel is made of granite - not simulated. It feels so heavy and tactile. I am trying to avoid the temptation to buy.

I got the new meisterstuck UNICEF 146 solitaire.. I'll post pictures tomorrow...

It's quite a heavy pen. Almost on par with my leonardo. I'll post the picture and numbers tomorrow.

As for the nib I got, as with all my pens, a medium nib. It will however be sent off to Mike masuyama.to have him add his magic.

I got the new meisterstuck UNICEF 146 solitaire.. I'll post pictures tomorrow...

It's quite a heavy pen. Almost on par with my leonardo. I'll post the picture and numbers tomorrow.

As for the nib I got, as with all my pens, a medium nib. It will however be sent off to Mike masuyama.to have him add his magic.

Excellent pen. Excellent nibmeister. Can't wait to see the photos

fpn_1494999568__double_portrait.jpg

~ The Montblanc William Shakespeare Velvet Red ink writes so well that two more bottles were ordered, arriving half an hour ago.

For marking student research manuscripts it's ideal, being well-behaved in extra fine nib pens.

I'm using the Velvet Red in my 146R with a fine nib. Beautiful color for this pen, with very nice shading.

Rationalizing pen and ink purchases since 1967.

I absolutely hated this ink :/ got two bottles full (only tested it out) that I'm gonna keep for you and Tom Kellie in the future when it's out of stock :)