What's Your Most Recent Mb Purchase? 2017

Ghost Plane

Can't anyone just do it or does it have to be a mod?

In various corners of FPN, the moderator team has been changing "mega-threads" over from year to year with locking the old year's thread, starting a new year's thread, and sometimes transferring posts from the old to the new. While anyone can start a thread, locking or pinning a thread, or moving posts, requires a moderator or admin.

-- Joel -- "I collect expensive and time-consuming hobbies."

INK (noun): A villainous compound of tannogallate of iron, gum-arabic and water,

chiefly used to facilitate the infection of idiocy and promote intellectual crime.

(from The Devil's Dictionary, by Ambrose Bierce)

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• zaddick

• Tom Kellie

• Ghost Plane

• Pravda

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Got myself a Hemi without losing a kidney, and it is now out enjoying a well deserved service. Very happy and can't wait to get it back to start writing with it :D

http://i.imgur.com/TPg0c9Sl.jpg

Congratulations, I think it's a beautiful pen. I dream of a Hemi with nib EF or BB.

Montblanc Meisterstück Artisan Collection Mozart Jungle Eyes Citrine, now that's a mouthful, love the MOP star, just barely usable without posting, and posted lengthwise it's great but a bit top heavy, nice wet M nib, only downside is that it's a finger print magnet, more so than the sterling silver pens.

Got the tin box and the ink as a gift, i now have 3 new bottles of Je t'aime ink :)

32110370626_4b1664987a_z.jpg

32030255561_1c128ce1d9_z.jpg

Picked up a MB Heritage 1912 a few days ago. I cannot believe I found this pen, brand new, from a reputable website for almost 50% off retail,

Loving it so far but may want to swap out the M nib for a B

Picked up a MB Heritage 1912 a few days ago. I cannot believe I found this pen, brand new, from a reputable website for almost 50% off retail,

The 1912 is a great pen, no? I love that their broad nibs are stubby. I've got one in B and one in BB. I feel a bit greedy having two, but I love using both.

Got myself a Hemi without losing a kidney, and it is now out enjoying a well deserved service. Very happy and can't wait to get it back to start writing with it :D

http://i.imgur.com/TPg0c9Sl.jpg

A great pen and a great writer. I always come back to her. Will surely become one of your inseparable pens.

Same I love my 1912. Initially had Medium that I got swapped to a juicy stubby broad. I didn't like the medium and now I absolutely adore the broad. I highly recommend that you do so.

Where did you find it 50% off!!!!

Montblanc Meisterstück Artisan Collection Mozart Jungle Eyes Citrine, now that's a mouthful, love the MOP star, just barely usable without posting, and posted lengthwise it's great but a bit top heavy, nice wet M nib, only downside is that it's a finger print magnet, more so than the sterling silver pens.

Got the tin box and the ink as a gift, i now have 3 new bottles of Je t'aime ink :)

Are there still any chocolates in the tin box? :)

Same I love my 1912. Initially had Medium that I got swapped to a juicy stubby broad. I didn't like the medium and now I absolutely adore the broad. I highly recommend that you do so.

Popped by the MB service centre this afternoon to have this swapped over :)

(Montblanc for BMW ink for both examples)

http://i1291.photobucket.com/albums/b558/nbendy1/heritage%20broad_zpsopuqklu9.jpg

http://i1291.photobucket.com/albums/b558/nbendy1/heritage%20broad_zpsopuqklu9.jpg

You just popped in?

It was while you wait? How much?

I'm seriously considering changing my fine to a broad on my Heritage 1912.

This danish set from the early fifties, MB 204 and matching pencil nr"1".
Both with the small "WV" mark that indicates that they were sold from the "Wessel & Vet" store in Copenhagen.

fpn_1483967494__dpp_113962_copy.jpg

Two bottles of MB yellow ink at $19 list price from the boutique. eBay is already heating up with price-gougers offering the stuff at $45-$75 a bottle.

Fred

Speaking of MB ink... I picked up this vintage bottle. Not as practical as the modern "shoe" bottle, but still a lovely shape that makes for a nice desk ornament.

fpn_1483989869__20170107_125859_resized.

If you want less blah, blah, blah and more pictures, follow me on Instagram!

I have the same, also swapped from M to B. It is one of my favourite pens now. Congratulations!