• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• zaddick

• Tom Kellie

• Ghost Plane

• Pravda

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

A pic without ink in it, where the allmost missing stripes in the ink window can be seen, the stripes are intact where the cap did cover the barrel.

fpn_1489584901__dpp_114175_copy.jpg

Such a beautiful piece! Congratulations :) It is a marvelous addition to any collection.

I was inspired by zaddick's and 888007888's posts about their Montblanc 149 Mother of Pearl cap/derby prototype. I reached out to Tom at penboard.de and was lucky enough to purchase one. It arrived today (sorry for the poor iPhone pics).

fpn_1489806200__img_2433.jpg

fpn_1489806290__img_2435.jpg

fpn_1489806308__img_2439.jpg

I've truly spoiled myself as this is my first 149. I won't know what to purchase next...

Edited by awl1688

Congratulations awl1688! I like being a bad influence. ;)

Enjoy your new pen. That's a great start to a 149 collection. At least now you have 3 different trim colors to choose from and lots of nib widths, plus vintage resin, plus celluloid, plus... looks like trouble again.

If you want less blah, blah, blah and more pictures, follow me on Instagram!

I was inspired by zaddick's and 888007888's posts about their Montblanc 149 Mother of Pearl cap/derby prototype. I reached out to Tom at penboard.de and was lucky enough to purchase one. It arrived today (sorry for the poor iPhone pics).

fpn_1489806200__img_2433.jpg

fpn_1489806290__img_2435.jpg

fpn_1489806308__img_2439.jpg

I've truly spoiled myself as this is my first 149. I won't know what to purchase next...

Lovely pen!

Hoping to speak to Tom at the Barcelona show today..! ;)

Edited by da vinci

Congratulations awl1688! I like being a bad influence. ;)

Enjoy your new pen. That's a great start to a 149 collection. At least now you have 3 different trim colors to choose from and lots of nib widths, plus vintage resin, plus celluloid, plus... looks like trouble again.

I couldn't have made the purchase without your post and help. Thanks!

Lovely pen!

Hoping to speak to Tom at the Barcelona show today..! ;)

Thanks. I hope you have a wonderful time at the Barcelona show!

Thanks. I hope you have a wonderful time at the Barcelona show!

I did thanks - although unfortunately Tom wasn't there :(

What a great piece of Art. I too was inspired by Zaddick for my 1st Mother of Pearl 149. I have a few other MoP Montblancs, however, I find this particular model difficult to put down. The unadorned black resin surrounding the snowcap really adds depth and shows off the character of the iridescent shell. May you enjoy yours for a lifetime!

What a great piece of Art. I too was inspired by Zaddick for my 1st Mother of Pearl 149. I have a few other MoP Montblancs, however, I find this particular model difficult to put down. The unadorned black resin surrounding the snowcap really adds depth and shows off the character of the iridescent shell. May you enjoy yours for a lifetime!

I feel the same about the snow cap. It really is different and why I wanted one for myself. Thanks again!

Edited by awl1688

Just received this mint NOS 146R:

http://i.imgur.com/qJAeHpq.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/BMl1kMo.jpg

Rationalizing pen and ink purchases since 1967.

Picked up a 149 and a boxed Oscar Wilde at the Arkansas Pen Show this weekend!

post-5351-0-27647200-1490025905_thumb.jpg

PAKMAN

minibanner.gif                                    Vanness-world-final.png.c1b120b90855ce70a8fd70dd342ebc00.png

My Favorite Pen Restorer                                             My Favorite Pen Store

Vanness Pens - Selling Online!

Just got back from a one-to-one meeting with Montblanc's Regional CEO and the International Relationship Manager &... Boy are you (we) guys in for a spectacular/surprising/awesome year to come in pieces to be launched. It is going to be epic!

Handled some pieces that are still making me shudder to remember! Some already scheduled and others in prototype stage.

Just got back from a one-to-one meeting with Montblanc's Regional CEO and the International Relationship Manager &... Boy are you (we) guys in for a spectacular/surprising/awesome year to come in pieces to be launched. It is going to be epic!

Handled some pieces that are still making me shudder to remember! Some already scheduled and others in prototype stage.

Such a tease!

If you want less blah, blah, blah and more pictures, follow me on Instagram!

im intrigued by the 'surprising' part of your comment, assuming it is also going to be great.

Such a tease!

I was told that I can discuss with friends but not in public forums ;) sorry hehe

*hint hint*

im intrigued by the 'surprising' part of your comment, assuming it is also going to be great.

Aside from several Aterlier Prive pieces that are meant to have you scratch your head, either in bewilderment or in awe, some regular (or not so limited) editions that are very reasonably priced made me go 'oooooh' when handling them.

Surprised because despite having been privy to a leak from Hamburg in January that already included a lot more than has been mentioned here, I still realized that I didn't know the half of it! They've been busy

Anyway, don't really mean to start another unrecommended thread, but suffice to say this thread is going to see really cool stuff I suspect in the months to come.