What's Your Most Recent Mb Purchase? 2017

Ghost Plane

~ farmdogfan:

Your outstanding photographs make any pen look dazzling!

Thank you for posting these superb MB 216 images.

The pen is in such fine condition.

Tom K.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• zaddick

• Tom Kellie

• Ghost Plane

• Pravda

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Daniel Defoe Writers ed with an M nib (Still new in box! or at least it was until I received it this past week) and an Ultra Black ballpoint.

“The pen is mightier than the sword, and considerably easier to write with.” ~ Marty Feldman

Just received a bottle of Leo Tolstoy ink. A lovely shade of blue. Just ordered a Shakespeare Velvet Red - it's in stock again at Wheelers gifts in the UK and the MB online store.

I was under the impression that the R for Bordeaux is less red than the Burgundy. Naturally, bordeaux is a darker color.

fpn_1489042575__img_8365.jpg

In the evening with regular to low lighting, you almost can't tell the difference between it and black. You feel that the color is only slightly 'off' which is part of its beauty

fpn_1489042640__img_8367.jpg

MB Bordeaux finish is gorgeous! Mine would go from a dark burgundy in low light condition to a bright burgundy red in sunlight. It spans a wide spectrum of the burgundy hue depending on the lighting. If they do a 149 Bordeaux one day I will get another bordeaux in a heart beat. Edited by max dog

MB Bordeaux finish is gorgeous! Mine would go from a dark burgundy in low light condition to a bright burgundy red in sunlight. It spans a wide spectrum of the burgundy hue depending on the lighting. If they do a 149 Bordeaux one day I will get another bordeaux in a heart beat.

If they do a Bordeaux 149 I would buy 2 just for good measure! It is very, very pleasant to look at. To me, especially when its at its darkest hues.

If they do a Bordeaux 149 I would buy 2 just for good measure! It is very, very pleasant to look at. To me, especially when its at its darkest hues.

Indeed guys. I love the colour and I would also snatch one!

An MB 136, with hardrubber cap, long ink window, and a EF nib.

fpn_1489415154__mb136_copy.jpg

fpn_1489415172__mb1661_copy.jpg

Edited by farmdogfan

Thanks, it´s from the late thirties (i think) and was the predecessor of the MB 146, first the celluloid and later the resin model.

An MB 136, with hardrubber cap, long ink window, and a EF nib.

fpn_1489415154__mb136_copy.jpg

fpn_1489415172__mb1661_copy.jpg

Superb pen, and appears to bein excellent condition! Want! :thumbup:

Superb pen, and appears to bein excellent condition! Want! :thumbup:

Thanks Da Vinci, the only problem are the stripes in the ink window, that are partially weak, which can´t be seen on the pic because i´m writing with it. and it´s filled with ink.

I will get a pic once it´s empty.

NOS Carlos Collodi at a MB dealer yesterday. Got a good deal on it as well, so am very happy.

True bliss: knowing that the guy next to you is suffering more than you are.

A pic without ink in it, where the allmost missing stripes in the ink window can be seen, the stripes are intact where the cap did cover the barrel.

fpn_1489584901__dpp_114175_copy.jpg

A pic without ink in it, where the allmost missing stripes in the ink window can be seen, the stripes are intact where the cap did cover the barrel.

A very lovely pen! Jealous. And in my opinion, the stripes don't detract. I have a 142 that has ghost stripes so yours look great to me :)

"Inspiration exists, but it has to find you working." -Pablo Picasso