Chu-Shu Sailor Jentle Ink (2016)

visvamitra

Hmm, I guess their site isn't up to date. Fog Grey (under the English flag) isn't there but Nebelgrau under the German flag is. The "real" Document Grey isn't there either (under Document Ink, English or German) but that ink does/did exist because I had it made upon request and it was once posted there.

I'm wondering whether they have renamed it blue-grey. It certainly looks very similar.

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• lapis

• visvamitra

• LizB

• Tas

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm wondering whether they have renamed it blue-grey. It certainly looks very similar.

I don't think they did. My three look like this:

http://i654.photobucket.com/albums/uu264/peli46/3_De_A_Greys.jpg

Those are the names I see on the bottles' labels. (Glass dip pen from Herbin on Rhodia.)

Life is too short to drink bad wine (Goethe)

Love, love, love Chu-shu. It's currently gracing my Ghost Koi Balladeer. Perfect match. :D

Beautiful pen you have there, David! Renée does a heck of a job with her penturning and designs. I envy her talent. The Ghost Koi acrylic you picked is pretty cool too. Kudos to both of you.

Vis...excellent review, as always. I'm not a big fan of grey or purple but you sure can't beat Sailor inks. Best behaved inks on the planet IMO.

Mary

Reminds me of a lighter Bung Box Ink of the Witch. A pretty good alternative to the more expensive Bung Box ink. I will have to pick up a bottle as I love Ink of the Witch but can't see myself dishing out another $43 for another bottle when I can get this ink for $18/bottle.

Reminds me of a lighter Bung Box Ink of the Witch. A pretty good alternative to the more expensive Bung Box ink. I will have to pick up a bottle as I love Ink of the Witch but can't see myself dishing out another $43 for another bottle when I can get this ink for $18/bottle.

What do you think about Doyou as a cousin to Witch?

@Pensei - I've never tried Doyou, so I couldn't give you an honest opinion. From the pictures posted on the various reviews of this ink, it seems to be similar to Ink of the Witch, but a dark brown rather than a dark purple. But I think Ink of the Witch is a grossly dark purple - the purple only comes out when I use a broad nib. Its a beautiful ink, and one that I can use in a professional setting given its tendency to look black, but for those who like a bit of variation and complexity in their inks, Ink of the Witch is sure to disappoint. Have you tried either Ink of the Witch or Doyou?

• 2 months later...

What do you think about Doyou as a cousin to Witch?

Hi Pensei, although they do share a common ancestor, to my eye, they are too different to be cousins based on color. It's one of those cases where if you have one, it's worth getting the other, because they will satisfy your taste buds in different ways. :)