Cartier Roadster.

Dorf

Hi guys. What's your opinion on this pen from Cartier? It's a Roadster ballpoint. Do you have to go to a Cartier store to get refills, and does it come in different refill sizes?

post-128946-0-09204700-1479308753_thumb.png

post-128946-0-71319400-1479308258_thumb.png

Edited by Dorf

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Dorf

• dennis_f

• Chrissy

• Pickwick

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I'm not 100% certain, but I believe the Cartier pens don't use proprietary refills and standard Parker types will fit. But you may want to double check.

As for the pen itself, I like Cartier pens, but I find the bauble on the top of the Roadster a bit distracting. But that's just me; I prefer their squared off tops over these. But they do make lovely pens. I find them formal and very professional.

D.

I'm not 100% certain, but I believe the Cartier pens don't use proprietary refills and standard Parker types will fit. But you may want to double check.

As for the pen itself, I like Cartier pens, but I find the bauble on the top of the Roadster a bit distracting. But that's just me; I prefer their squared off tops over these. But they do make lovely pens. I find them formal and very professional.

D.

Thanks. I just received a email from them. The refills comes in medium and large size, and in black and blue. They didn't mentioned anything about parker refills though :)

Unfortunately they don't ship to Norway :-(

That's unfortunate (about the shipping I mean). If it's any consolation, I think these pens are fairly popular so maybe you'll be lucky and find one who does ship to Norway.

D.

That's unfortunate (about the shipping I mean). If it's any consolation, I think these pens are fairly popular so maybe you'll be lucky and find one who does ship to Norway.

D.

Are there any serious pen webstores you can recommend?

Cartier is part of the Richemont group that also includes Montblanc. If you don't want to buy Cartier refills you may need to search for generic refills that fit Cartier Roadster BP's.

I have a Cartier Diabolo BP and several Parker BP's. The refills aren't interchangeable.

Cartier is part of the Richemont group that also includes Montblanc. If you don't want to buy Cartier refills you may need to search for generic refills that fit Cartier Roadster BP's.

I have a Cartier Diabolo BP and several Parker BP's. The refills aren't interchangeable.

Im not quite sure, but the Roadster refills looks quite similar to the Parker refills.

I used to own a Cartier Pasha around 2008, and I remember buying it specifically because it took Parker-style refills (I'd grown tired of having to hunt down unavailable propietary refills for other pens, so I made a point of trying to find something that would take a ubiquitous refill).

That said, I still wouldn't say for certain that their pens do not only take propietary refills. I think it would be best to check in a shop.

I'm sorry if I've clouded the issue. Is it possible, given the different responses posted above, that Cartier pens produced at different times, or different styles, take different refills?

As for pen shops, I can't suggest something since I'm not sure who would ship to Norway. Perhaps someone will chime in on that.

I just googled Akkermans in the Netherlands. They're reputable and relatively close to home.

Checking their Cartier Pens page, I found an image of a refill that is labelled "Cartier" but looks strikingly like a Parker style refill:

http://www.vulpennen.nl/en/merken/cartier/p-1/

If it is correct that this pen will take a Parker style refill, then you might take a look at the Schmidt and Schneider websites who make a wide range of refills. Schmidt make fountain pen nib and sections for various manufacturers, so it's highly likely they may even be making refills for Cartier in turn who may very likely be using one of their proprietary refills.

You could email them for information.

They came as a boon, and a blessing to men,
The Pickwick, the Owl and the Waverley pen

Sincerely yours,

Pickwick

If it is correct that this pen will take a Parker style refill, then you might take a look at the Schmidt and Schneider websites who make a wide range of refills. Schmidt make fountain pen nib and sections for various manufacturers, so it's highly likely they may even be making refills for Cartier in turn who may very likely be using one of their proprietary refills.

You could email them for information.

I used to own a Cartier Pasha around 2008, and I remember buying it specifically because it took Parker-style refills (I'd grown tired of having to hunt down unavailable propietary refills for other pens, so I made a point of trying to find something that would take a ubiquitous refill).

That said, I still wouldn't say for certain that their pens do not only take propietary refills. I think it would be best to check in a shop.

I'm sorry if I've clouded the issue. Is it possible, given the different responses posted above, that Cartier pens produced at different times, or different styles, take different refills?

As for pen shops, I can't suggest something since I'm not sure who would ship to Norway. Perhaps someone will chime in on that.

I just googled Akkermans in the Netherlands. They're reputable and relatively close to home.

Checking their Cartier Pens page, I found an image of a refill that is labelled "Cartier" but looks strikingly like a Parker style refill:

http://www.vulpennen.nl/en/merken/cartier/p-1/

Thanks guys!

The so-called 'Parker' style is so well used by makers around the world that I would be surprised if it wasn't suitable for your pen.

From the images shown above, the two types do look to be very similar.

• 3 weeks later...

La Couronne du Comte states that the Schmidt EF9000 easyflow fits a load of pens, including Cartier.

And that type of Schmidt is the Parker type. (Schmidt in Germany make a lot of different refills fitting several brands, as do Monteverde in the US).

D.ick

~

KEEP SAFE, WEAR A MASK, KEEP A DISTANCE.

Freedom exists by virtue of self limitation.

~

• 3 weeks later...

La Couronne du Comte states that the Schmidt EF9000 easyflow fits a load of pens, including Cartier.

And that type of Schmidt is the Parker type. (Schmidt in Germany make a lot of different refills fitting several brands, as do Monteverde in the US).

D.ick

Thanks. A friend of my should buy this pen for me in London this Christmas, and I will try to pick it up before the end of the year. I'm so excited!