Montblanc Fountain Pen Year Of The Dragon

SL_BRABUS

http://www.ebay.com/itm/MontBlanc-Meisterstuck-Classique-Fountain-Pen-YEAR-OF-THE-DRAGON-Black-Gold-/381724886154?hash=item58e093848a:g:NNgAAOSw-YVXmmJi

Don't know if the pen itself is real or not.... :unsure:

All I could say it not the Year Of The Dragon pen, I expect it to be....... :(

Edited by SL_BRABUS

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• C-town

• SL_BRABUS

• vikrmbedi

• Erik Dalton

To my knowledge, it is fake. I don't have any experience with that MB in particular but after a quick google search it seems that it should look more like this:

https://chatterleyluxuries.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/08/Montblanc-Fountain-Pen-Limited-Edition-Year-of-the-Golden-Dragon-003.jpg

I will say that if it is a fake, the nib looks extremely convincing.

Edited by C-town

looks like a genuine montblanc meisterstuck classique 144.

I picture of the feed would have made me more certain.

IMHO the seller assumed that the dragon represents - the Chinese zodiac dragon - each year represents a different animal out of 12) but it is more likely some promotional /company logo or something. I am saying this as the engraving looks very neat.

montblanc has started releasing pens on the Chinese zodiacs but they are very ornate and very expensive.

looks like a genuine montblanc meisterstuck classique 144.

I picture of the feed would have made me more certain.

IMHO the seller assumed that the dragon represents - the Chinese zodiac dragon - each year represents a different animal out of 12) but it is more likely some promotional /company logo or something. I am saying this as the engraving looks very neat.

montblanc has started releasing pens on the Chinese zodiacs but they are very ornate and very expensive.

You are very right. I never considered that the engraving may not be a part of the pen's original design. The nib looks way too detailed to be faked IMHO.

It's not fake, it's a Montblanc 144 with Dragon engraving on the cap.

When was the last year of the dragon? Do they repeat every 12 years? Can't remember. Could be this one is old enough to be from that era. I suspect owner intiated engraving not MB.

It's not a year of the dragon pen. It's just a 144 Classique that has been customised by having a design engraved on the cap.

• 2 weeks later...