Pen Rest

agentdaffy007

Yes, I know the problem.

On a trip to Amsterdam, cannabis capital of the world, I found this "spliff-tray" in a souvenir shop. For a couple of Euros it solved my problem!

post-87523-0-65530700-1471001791_thumb.jpg

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• agentdaffy007

• IrishEyes

• TheRealMikeDr

• Kenlowe

I was going to suggest searching e-bay or a junk shop for one of the glass rests that were once common for users of dip pens, but maybe a spliff tray is easier to come by these days!

I made one of the foldable ones from a Goulet business card and it stays in my Midori. Matches the handmade folder I made for it very well.

@ greenweevil -- How did I miss that thread? Those are cool!

@ IrishEyes -- You know the drill: pix or it didn't happen! (sounds completely adorable, BTW).

@ tartuffo -- I may end up going that route; there's a discount craft store a few miles from my house where stuff is generally a lot cheaper than Michael's (roughly 40% off list price).

I had the idea of chopstick rests, but I couldn't find any for sale in any of the Chinese groceries in the Pittsburgh area when I looked a couple of years ago. I even went to the place where I got a 26" wok for my husband for Christmas a few years ago -- nada. :(

I have one of the small Pelikan rests that I got a couple of years ago at DCSS. It's a little garish, because it's the gold metallic glaze, but for $20 US I wasn't going to quibble. I keep hoping I can find one of the blue glaze ones for a semi-reasonable price, though I did bring Skippy to last year's Pelikan Pen Hub.

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."

Further to the DIY card theme, if some slightly more complicated paper engineering appeals these little guys make rather effective pen rests too. My attempt is far from perfect, but at least functional.

fpn_1471255516__minttigerpenrest.jpg

@ IrishEyes -- You know the drill: pix or it didn't happen! (sounds completely adorable, BTW).

Here ya go :-).

fpn_1471321488__kittenpaws1a.jpg

"In the end, only kindness matters."

Further to the DIY card theme, if some slightly more complicated paper engineering appeals these little guys make rather effective pen rests too. My attempt is far from perfect, but at least functional.

fpn_1471255516__minttigerpenrest.jpg

THIS is adorable! I gotz ta have it. Waiting for the printer to warm up so I can make it :-). Thanks for the link!

"In the end, only kindness matters."

http://i1351.photobucket.com/albums/p799/sandygriff/FullSizeRender%207_zpsqftkgkcq.jpg

My chopstick pen rest came in today. Works great - cost right around 5 clams!

• 2 months later...

Perhaps not as personal as the others shown, but it works well and at $8.25 from Arizona Silhouette it's a bargain.

post-131820-0-10681300-1478051296_thumb.jpg

Retired, twice. Time to do more things, writing being one.