Pen Rest

agentdaffy007

Hello everybody, do you guys know where i can buy pen rest?

I usually put my fountain pen down for a few monents between pages and it starts rolling ( and i don't like to cap my pen ). I checked eBay for chopstick rest but they don't seem good.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• agentdaffy007

• IrishEyes

• TheRealMikeDr

• Kenlowe

I don't put my fountain pens down on slanted surfaces, so they don't roll, but to save space on my desk at home, I store them in a small jar (with a label that says "Rasperry Rhubarb Spread") or creamer with the nib up.

I'm confused about your not liking to cap your pen. Doesn't it dry out?

There is a thread on here I can link it sometime tomorrow,

The name of the thread is "pen stand" it is a thread dedicated to a members handcrafted wood pen stands.

I myself had a ink and pen stand combo commissioned and the end product was lovely!

One of his pen stands would be perfect for what you are looking for. They have a very small desk footprint so they will not clutter your work space, they can keep the pen standing up while capped or in capped, or you can go for the horizontal stand whichever is your preference.

Nibs.com sells pen rests.

Renée at Scriptorium.com can make you one.

The Chinese web business Rakutan also sells pen rests.

You could also search eBay for "pen stand" or "pen holder".

A three pen urushi pen pillow by Nakaya. They also come in two & one pen versions.

*Sailor 1911S, Black/gold, 14k. 0.8 mm. stub(JM) *1911S blue "Colours", 14k. H-B "M" BLS (PB)

*2 Sailor 1911S Burgundy/gold: 14k. 0.6 mm. "round-nosed" CI (MM) & 14k. 1.1 mm. CI (JM)

*Sailor Pro-Gear Slim Spec. Ed. "Fire",14k. (factory) "H-B"

*Kaweco SPECIAL FP: 14k. "B",-0.6 mm BLS & 14k."M" 0.4 mm. BLS (PB)

*Kaweco Stainless Steel Lilliput, 14k. "M" -0.7 mm.BLS, (PB)

The Nakaya pen pillow looks great. I tried to find the product on Nakaya website but did not find it.

Also check out anywhere that sells chopsticks and other Asian eating utensils. Chinese grocery stores usually have a small section, or some place that has international housewares, like Pier 1 or World Market here in the US. Look for chopstick rests. They can work quite well. Also look for knife rests. They can be plain or fancy.

I prefer chopstick rests as they tend to be smaller and fit a pen better. But old dip pen holders can work well too.

“When the historians of education do equal and exact justice to all who have contributed toward educational progress, they will devote several pages to those revolutionists who invented steel pens and blackboards.” V.T. Thayer, 1928

Check out my Steel Pen Blog

"No one is exempt from talking nonsense; the mistake is to do it solemnly."

-Montaigne

If you buy a Cross Peerless you get this cool acrylic pen rest:

http://i1351.photobucket.com/albums/p799/sandygriff/FullSizeRender%205_zpsl8eb66vq.jpg

Easy to make for very little money out of Fimo

and there's a lot of colours to choose from ...

http://i.imgur.com/5KOibIo.png

• 2 weeks later...

Mine is a little white rubber kitten on its back with its paws out that I bought from an Ebay seller in Japan. It is sold as a pen holder, and it cost me maybe $5, if that. It makes me smile, and it works just fine :-).

"In the end, only kindness matters."