Omas Information

MANUPENS

It is not only you who are confused. I am based in the UK. I saw the first set of auctions but the second set is not visible to me.

So I tapped on the link in markhvs post above and I can see the pen and watch it. When I go to sellers other items there are just a few different types of pen. I think one OMAS.

So FPN'ers in the US can see the pens but not buy them. I could buy them but I can't see the auctions!

Very odd!

Edited by da vinci

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• FriendAmos

• intrepidcva11

• MANUPENS

• Arctic_Wolf

As always, we shall see.......

If this exclusion of the US market applies to the upcoming omasoutlet.com as well I will be most disappointed.

MANUPENS, will you ever be making the Omas inventory you acquired available to buyers in the USA? Per your current eBay listings, "We do not ship to the US territory. The Omas sales in the US are handle by the US distributor."

It is not only you who are confused. I am based in the UK. I saw the first set of auctions but the second set is not visible to me.

So I tapped on the link in markhvs post above and I can see the pen and watch it. When I go to sellers other items there are just a few different types of pen. I think one OMAS.

So FPN'ers in the US can see the pens but not buy them. I could buy them but I can't see the auctions!

Very odd!

My issue seems to have been fixed.

MANUPENS, will you ever be making the Omas inventory you acquired available to buyers in the USA? Per your current eBay listings, "We do not ship to the US territory. The Omas sales in the US are handle by the US distributor."

Seems odd. If I were to hazard a guess, it would be that the purchase agreement involves keeping these pens out of the US market, so that the US distributor can finish dumping its stock. Or perhaps MANUPENS considers that for some of what they have they can get "retail" (as opposed to "ebay") prices by using a US distributor. Only guesses, of course.

Be that as it may, I don't see MANUPENS making an inventory available to buyers as requested.

Edited by FriendAmos

Great news!

Here's a suggestion: for your cheaper lines of pens previously offered in black, or other solid colors, create a cheaper, acrylic version of the Arco celluloid. It wouldn't have to be as striking, but it could have its own interesting (and collectible) look that compliments the genuine celluloid Arco materials.

fpn_1451747045__img_1999-2.jpg

This is good news. I look forward to seeing the website up and running.

In the meantime, it's nice to know who's behind Stylomaniak on eBay.

(Feedback on Stylomaniak's shipping prices to the UK: the text of the listing indicates one price, but the advertised shipping is much higher - perhaps this is a post-Brexit thing - even though the Brexit hasn't yet happened - but I would have thought that the UK counts as western Europe...)

Hi Manu,

Is there any way for US residents to bid on/purchase the Omas inventory that you sell? Currently we are barred from bidding on your eBay auctions.

I don't trust this guy at all. Some of the earlier auctions were going literally beserk - seems to me that he is bidding on his own auctions or getting friends to push up the price.

I don't trust this guy at all. Some of the earlier auctions were going literally beserk - seems to me that he is bidding on his own auctions or getting friends to push up the price.

There is little basis for such a scurrilous accusation, especially given that the pens have been going for much less than the gouging that was taking place on eBay prior to this and also at prices well below what we would see in retail if OMAS were still in business. Have you considered the possibility that people thinking of this as perhaps their last chance to get an OMAS simply got too excited?

If you (and any others) are concerned about the sort of practices you claim, then allow me to offer some excellent (and free) advice that you will find extremely helpful in all auctions: When you see an item that you like, first decide how much you can afford to pay for it. Then stick to that as your maximum, regardless of how the bidding goes.

Edited by FriendAmos

• 2 weeks later...

Little late on this, but I can say until I was PM'd by the guy "You can't buy from me, I don't ship to US" I had a few that I was intent on obtaining, no matter the cost, and was increasing the bid whenever someone tried to outbid me. It's quite possible others in the US were doing similar, and now that we were rejected, things have settled a bit.

Edited by Arctic_Wolf

Little late on this, but I can say until I was PM'd by the guy "You can't buy from me, I don't ship to US" I had a few that I was intent on obtaining, no matter the cost, and was increasing the bid whenever someone tried to outbid me. It's quite possible others in the US were doing similar, and now that we were rejected, things have settled a bit.

That is odd, given that the auctions have this:

"shipping charges are /

important notice = I pack properly the pens with a safe box and I combine shipping for multiple purchase
USA/CANADA/ 35 $ by UPS with tracking forwarded the day of shipping
ASIA/AUSTRALIA/ SOUTH AMERICA / 45 $ by UPS with tracking forwarded the day of shipping
WESTERN EUROPE = 20 $ by UPS with tracking forwarded the day of shipping
EASTERN EUROPE = 25 $ by UPS with tracking forwarded the day of shipping"

That is odd, given that the auctions have this:

"shipping charges are /

important notice = I pack properly the pens with a safe box and I combine shipping for multiple purchase
USA/CANADA/ 35 $ by UPS with tracking forwarded the day of shipping
ASIA/AUSTRALIA/ SOUTH AMERICA / 45 $ by UPS with tracking forwarded the day of shipping
WESTERN EUROPE = 20 $ by UPS with tracking forwarded the day of shipping
EASTERN EUROPE = 25 $ by UPS with tracking forwarded the day of shipping"

Not very odd. Those are general comments while not shipping to the US is Omas pen specific.

Not very odd. Those are general comments while not shipping to the US is Omas pen specific.

This is an "Omas Information" thread; it may be presumed that I am aware of that when I post and that what I post is in that context. The blurb that I reproduced has been on ads for Omas pens auctioned in the past couple of weeks and can still be found in places such as this: http://www.ebay.com/itm/OMAS-OGIVA-WOOD-AMERIGO-VESPUCCI-1995-COLLECTION-FOUNTAIN-PEN-REF871-/152216922467?hash=item2370d5e963:g:ZN4AAOSw9NdXwbjH

What exactly do you mean by "Omas specific" in such a case?

Edited by FriendAmos

This is an "Omas Information" thread; it may be presumed that I am aware of that when I post and that what I post is in that context. The blurb that I reproduced has been on ads for Omas pens auctioned in the past couple of weeks and can still be found in places such as this: http://www.ebay.com/itm/OMAS-OGIVA-WOOD-AMERIGO-VESPUCCI-1995-COLLECTION-FOUNTAIN-PEN-REF871-/152216922467?hash=item2370d5e963:g:ZN4AAOSw9NdXwbjH

What exactly do you mean by "Omas specific" in such a case?

I mean that it is only Omas pens that they cannot ship or sell into the US. So it is not odd at all.

I mean that it is only Omas pens that they cannot ship or sell into the US. So it is not odd at all.

And I mean it is odd when there are advertisement for OMAS pens that include shipping charges to the USA, there is a "See Exclusions" link that does not indicate the USA as excluded, and there is noting in the ad to indicate that they will not ship to the USA. But perhaps the prospective buyer will magically know otherwise and not find it odd at all that information on the exclusions come from FPN, via p.p. via ... Not odd at all.

And I mean it is odd when there are advertisement for OMAS pens that include shipping charges to the USA, there is a "See Exclusions" link that does not indicate the USA as excluded, and there is noting in the ad to indicate that they will not ship to the USA. But perhaps the prospective buyer will magically know otherwise and not find it odd at all that information on the exclusions come from FPN, via p.p. via ... Not odd at all.

Correct, not odd at all. When you set up an account at eBay or other stores you often have a universal sales condition statement that appears on all items. Since all except the very limited Omas pens can be sold into the US the blanket statement is inaccurate for those items. Not odd at all, unfortunate and perhaps we might wish it were otherwise but in all, no big deal.