Croxley Nibs

Cob

Hullo.

Has anyone got a Croxley nib or better still nibs in their spares box?

If so I would be most interested!

thanks

Cob

fpn_1428963683__6s.jpg “The pen of the British Empire” fpn_1423349537__swan_sign_is.jpg

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Cob

• mallymal1

• peterg

• Fermata

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I will have a look Mr Cob.

Am I correct in thinking that they only made one size?

That's most kind.

I have seen only two types of Croxley nib and they are both the same size: a normal gold nib as fitted to the standard Croxley and to the "torpedos" and the bi-colour one fitted to the button fillers. Naturally there were fine, medium and broad options; once I had a stub and I have one at present which is surprisingly flexible!

Thanks again,

Cob

Edited by Cob

fpn_1428963683__6s.jpg “The pen of the British Empire” fpn_1423349537__swan_sign_is.jpg

Sorry Mr Cob, searched through but nothing. Good Luck.

Thanks vfery much for takingt he trouble.

Best wishes

C.

• 4 weeks later...

None to spare, just share. The only two I have. (I gotta clean them with the ultrasonic basin... :P

attachicon.gifcxl_N.jpg

Well, thanks for keeping the topic alive!

Cob

Ugh!

I am surprised that they were cheapskates in this way - their pens were really very good quality generally.

Rgds,

Cob

Thank you for taking the trouble to look for them.

Rgds

C.

No problem. I shall keep an eye out for junkers with good nibs, but I'm sure you are doing that yourself. :thumbup:

No spares here either, but I do love the BB stub nib on my remaining Croxley (sold off a bunch of them a while back).

My contribution to keeping this thread out there ;)

Edited by penmanila

Check out my blog and my pens

I am indeed!

C.

Please don't say I'm bidding against you on eBay :unsure:. Between this and the recent British pens thread, along with me living near Croxley, I found myself finding a nice looking one (even if it ends up needing some TLC) on eBay. Damn this forum costs me money ....

Thanks kindly to you all for keeping this lost cause alive!

All the best

Cob

Please don't say I'm bidding against you on eBay :unsure:. Between this and the recent British pens thread, along with me living near Croxley, I found myself finding a nice looking one (even if it ends up needing some TLC) on eBay. Damn this forum costs me money ....

Me too! :)

Well two things:

First I now have two excellent Croxley nibs - complete with pens - one a "standard" and the other a "Torpedo" both in black; the "Torpedo" has a shrunken tight cap - like other Croxleys I have had, but both nibs are excellent. These came from a very kind lady member of our London Geeks meeting group.

As far as the pen int he previous message is concerned I have a "Torpedo" in this colour; and very nice it is too.

Rgds

Cob