Dang! This Is My Favorite Ink Color.

Fabienne

WHO Hates Salamander ??? :huh: :huh: ... **Shake head** :rolleyes:

Well, me, sort of.... :blush:

Actually, the color Fabienne posted reminded me of back when I was a freshman in college, taking Color and Design I (back in the days when a box of Color-Aid paper was *reasonably* priced...).

One assignment was called "The Ugly Color Problem" -- you had to pick out colors from your trusty 6" x 9" box of Color-Aid paper that you absolutely hated, and make a design using ONLY those colors. I ended up with some murky greens and some really dark reds. And you know what? When I was done I actually didn't mind them.... :huh: Which I suspect was the point of the assignment.

It just now occurred to me that one of the dark reds was about the color of the flowers of the two hellebores I planted in front of my front porch.... :rolleyes:

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• The Good Captain

• dcwaites

• Fabienne

• inkstainedruth

The topic colour closely reminds me of a 'present' left in the middle of the kitchen floor in the wee hours of the morning from the 'wrong' end of a sick kitty.

Just seeing the colour again brings to mind the sinus-wrenching odour that accompanied the not-so-little 'pressie'.

I, for one, agree with our Pantone Overlords...

And having seen the colour on ciggie packets for the last few years, I now know where it came from.

fpn_1412827311__pg_d_104def64.gif

“Them as can do has to do for them as can’t.

And someone has to speak up for them as has no voices.”

Granny Aching

I am not sure if a facepalm.gif is enough for this article, or whether it requires tactical_facepalm.jpg.

I'll quote Jim Carrey from Liar liar:

It was me!

You do not have a right to post. You do not have a right to a lawyer. Do you understands these rights you do not have?

Kaweco Supra (titanium B), Al-Sport (steel BB).

Parker: Sonnet (dimonite); Frontier GT; 51 (gray); Vacumatic (amber).

Pelikan: m600 (BB); Rotring ArtPen (1,9mm); Rotring Rive; Cult Pens Mini (the original silver version), Waterman Carene (ultramarine F)

Oh the list is long, and distinguished . . .

Whilst I'm aware a few of you good folk enjoy it, I've yet to meet someone in person who likes it. :mellow:

Oh the list is long, and distinguished . . .

Whilst I'm aware a few of you good folk enjoy it, I've yet to meet someone in person who likes it. :mellow:

I LOVE it!

The Good Captain

"Meddler's 'Salamander' - almost as good as the real thing!"

Well, me, sort of.... :blush:

Actually, the color Fabienne posted reminded me of back when I was a freshman in college, taking Color and Design I (back in the days when a box of Color-Aid paper was *reasonably* priced...).

One assignment was called "The Ugly Color Problem" -- you had to pick out colors from your trusty 6" x 9" box of Color-Aid paper that you absolutely hated, and make a design using ONLY those colors. I ended up with some murky greens and some really dark reds. And you know what? When I was done I actually didn't mind them.... :huh: Which I suspect was the point of the assignment.

It just now occurred to me that one of the dark reds was about the color of the flowers of the two hellebores I planted in front of my front porch.... :rolleyes:

Geepers! Was Color Aid ever reasonably priced? Mine was $60! My most hated color? Magenta/fuchsia. Arghhhh! This is why I will never ever buy Yama Budo, be glad...all the more for you!

Oh, and I love Salamander, but it won't shade for me, alas. Hence, I turn to Stipula Calamo Green Musk.

Edited by Fabienne

It's for Yew!bastardchildlil.jpg

To warn people away from the dangers of smoking, the Australian government chose a color perceived to be the ugliest in the world, the color of sewage, but unfortunately, it's also the color of cured tobacco.

I love the comic book exclamations used in this thread: Dang! Argh! Jeepers!

Reviews and articles on Fountain Pen Network

CHINA, JAPAN, AND INDIA

Hua Hong Blue Belter | Penbbs 456 | Stationery | ASA Nauka in Dartmoor and Ebonite | ASA Azaadi | ASA Bheeshma | ASA Halwa | Ranga Model 8 and 8b | Ranga Emperor

ITALY AND THE UK

FILCAO Roxi | FILCAO Atlantica | Italix Churchman's Prescriptor

USA, INK, AND EXPERIMENTS

Bexley Prometheus | Route 54 Motor Oil | Black Swan in Icelandic Minty Bathwater | Robert Oster Aqua | Diamine Emerald Green | Mr. Pen Radiant Blue | Three Oysters Giwa | Flex Nib Modifications | Rollstoppers

Geepers! Was Color Aid ever reasonably priced? Mine was $60! My most hated color? Magenta/fuchsia. Arghhhh! This is why I will never ever buy Yama Budo, be glad...all the more for you!

Oh, and I love Salamander, but it won't shade for me, alas. Hence, I turn to Stipula Calamo Green Musk.

Back in the late 1970s, when I was a freshman in college, it was about $14 US for a box. At the moment, someone on eBay is selling an unopened box for (drumroll please) $95.... :yikes:

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."

To warn people away from the dangers of smoking, the Australian government chose a color perceived to be the ugliest in the world, the color of sewage, but unfortunately, it's also the color of cured tobacco.

I love the comic book exclamations used in this thread: Dang! Argh! Jeepers!

Strangely enough. the British legal system tried to warn people about going to Australia for the same sort of reasons. Admittedly, a long time ago, and it was called 'penal servitude for life' but actually...

The Good Captain

Well now, I was disappointed with Salamander as it was too green, not sludgy enough. Noodlers' Zhivago is more sludgy and a pretty close to PMS448 on my swatch.

As for the ugliest colour, is there such a thing? I have looked through the whole Pantone swatch and it is very context sensitive. How about some nice bright blue peas? No, green is the colour for food. So, a nice pea green steak anyone?

As to the effectiveness of the packet colour - give it a week and nobody will even notice it. Still, taxpayers' money is for spending.

Strangely enough. the British legal system tried to warn people about going to Australia for the same sort of reasons. Admittedly, a long time ago, and it was called 'penal servitude for life' but actually...

Actually, most people didn't get life, they typically got 7 years. Usually after about half their sentence had been served they got a 'Ticket of Leave', pretty much the same as parole. Very few went back to UK after their time was up, mainly because of the nice weather and lack of Toffs.

One of those Toffs we saw off was a guy called Bligh, who managed to have two mutinies against him, one on a boat, and the second where a whole colony told him where to shove it.

Granny Aching

Nowadays, you get eaten by sharks Down Under. I think you guys have a real problem there.

As for Color Aid...$14!!! Wow. My next door neighbor was going off to Design school and I gave her my left over box of CA sheets. They had some water damage to a small portion of them but she was as pleased as punch to get them.

Oh, and I am a great fan of EL Lawrence by Noodlers...what a beautifully dun ink.

It's for Yew!bastardchildlil.jpg

Oh, and I am a great fan of EL Lawrence by Noodlers...what a beautifully dun ink.

Yeah, I don't normally like murky sludge. But someone did a review of it a couple of years ago and it was almost like a car crash -- just could not look away. So I knew I had to get a bottle....

. . . . . eye of the beholder !

Auf freiem Grund mit freiem Volke stehn.
Zum Augenblicke dürft ich sagen:
Verweile doch, du bist so schön !

Actually, most people didn't get life, they typically got 7 years. Usually after about half their sentence had been served they got a 'Ticket of Leave', pretty much the same as parole. Very few went back to UK after their time was up, mainly because of the nice weather and lack of Toffs.

One of those Toffs we saw off was a guy called Bligh, who managed to have two mutinies against him, one on a boat, and the second where a whole colony told him where to shove it.

My brother lives in Victoria and I think he's still under the impression that he's got a few years left to go...!

(Only joking!)

But, the documents and pics of the scribblings on the walls of Inveraray Jail make some fascinating reading.

The Good Captain

My brother lives in Victoria and I think he's still under the impression that he's got a few years left to go...!

(Only joking!)

But, the documents and pics of the scribblings on the walls of Inveraray Jail make some fascinating reading.

Yeah, well, he's in Victoria, mate! Tell him to move north to the Great State of EnEsDubya.

We don't put "The Premier State" on our number plates for nothing.

Granny Aching

Yeah, well, he's in Victoria, mate! Tell him to move north to the Great State of EnEsDubya.

We don't put "The Premier State" on our number plates for nothing.

I'll mention it in passing...!

The Good Captain

I had to go grab one of my favorite quotes. Sigh, Tom Sellak is so handsome.

Matthew Quigley: Major. We already run the misfits outta our country. We sent 'em back to England.

Fountain pens are my preferred COLOR DELIVERY SYSTEM (in part because crayons melt in Las Vegas).

Create a Ghostly Avatar and I'll send you a letter. Check out some Ink comparisons: The Great PPS Comparison 

Don't know where to start?  Look at the Inky Topics O'day.  Then, see inks sorted by color: Blue Purple Brown Red Green Dark Green Orange Black Pinks Yellows Blue-Blacks Grey/Gray UVInks Turquoise/Teal MURKY

Looks just like Iroshizuku Yama Guri!

"how do I know what I think until I write it down?"