Dang! This Is My Favorite Ink Color.

Fabienne

Pantone has declared that this is the ugliest color in the world.

I take issue with them on that, it's my favorite ink color. What about you, do you have a fave ink color which is not universally loved? Puce? Chartreuse? C'mon, spill the livid beans.

It's for Yew!bastardchildlil.jpg

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• The Good Captain

• dcwaites

• Fabienne

• inkstainedruth

What are those idiot's smoking? It ain't tobacco. That color is beautiful . . . reminds me of Cigar.

Rationalizing pen and ink purchases since 1967.

I've got to say, maybe seven studies wasn't enough to determine any kind of superlative. Especially on something as subjective as color.

I like that color, but it does look a little icky next to red. It's always about what you put it next to.

Then again, I love neon yellow and chartreuse (sometimes next to each other).

Pretty sure I just ordered it:

fpn_1464986580__capture.jpg

My fingers are always inky and I'm always looking for something new.  Interested in trading?  Contact me!

IBM did a large amount of research in to this during the 1970s. The colour they came up with was closer to a (bleep) yellow/brown than the one above. The reason ... all IBM server power buttons were made that colour until the 2000s as it was the least likely colour people would have an impulse to press, unlike red.

Love the color! Humans are a bit more nuanced than computers.

Love all, trust a few, do harm to none. Shakespeare

I have a love/hate relationship with Noodler's El Lawrence. If it's not shaken very hard, it comes out an icky yellow green.

LOL, I saw the color and thought, dang, it looks like Cigar. Cyber6 would love it.

Fountain pens are my preferred COLOR DELIVERY SYSTEM (in part because crayons melt in Las Vegas).

Create a Ghostly Avatar and I'll send you a letter. Check out some Ink comparisons: The Great PPS Comparison 

Don't know where to start?  Look at the Inky Topics O'day.  Then, see inks sorted by color: Blue Purple Brown Red Green Dark Green Orange Black Pinks Yellows Blue-Blacks Grey/Gray UVInks Turquoise/Teal MURKY

I just love the word 'dang'. I'd name an ink after it - if I could be arsed.

As to the ugliest colour - well, I certainly wouldn't pick one that I liked...

The Good Captain

"Meddler's 'Salamander' - almost as good as the real thing!"

LOL, I saw the color and thought, dang, it looks like Cigar. Cyber6 would love it.

YEP!!.. That color has my name all over it.... I thought it was called Bistre.... or at least Bistre is very close to it.

C.

fpn_1481652911__bauerinkslogo03.jpg
**** BauerInks.ca ****

**** MORE.... Robert Oster Signature INKS ****

**** NICK STEWART - KWZI INKs TEST ****

"The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it's the illusion of knowledge." -Stephen Hawking,

I don't like it, BUT, I wouldn't call it the ugliest color in the world either.

Brad

"Words are, of course, the most powerful drug used by mankind" - Rudyard Kipling
"None of us can have as many virtues as the fountain-pen, or half its cussedness; but we can try." - Mark Twain

Pantone has declared that this is the ugliest color in the world.

I take issue with them on that, it's my favorite ink color. What about you, do you have a fave ink color which is not universally loved? Puce? Chartreuse? C'mon, spill the livid beans.

They're outta their freakin' minds. That's a great color

Hmm . . . not the ugliest color . . . but . . .

"Today will be gone in less than 24 hours. When it is gone, it is gone. Be wise, but enjoy! - anonymous today

If I came across a car painted in that color, I probably would question the taste of that car's owner. But I am quite sure it would be good as an ink - subdued, yet still easy-to-read. Add some shading, and most people would like that ink.

Looks like a mixture of Verde Muschiato and Vert Empire - and I have both! I think it looks quite elegant.

Black on white might be a better metaphor for the stark horrors smoking brings.

"The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt."

B. Russell

LOVE IT!

My fave ink that people love to hate is Diamine Salamander. People's faces often be doing this when I show them it :wacko:

LOVE IT!

My fave ink that people love to hate is Diamine Salamander. People's faces often be doing this when I show them it :wacko:

WHO Hates Salamander ??? :huh: :huh: ... **Shake head** :rolleyes:

Edited by Cyber6

fpn_1481652911__bauerinkslogo03.jpg
**** BauerInks.ca ****

**** MORE.... Robert Oster Signature INKS ****

**** NICK STEWART - KWZI INKs TEST ****

"The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it's the illusion of knowledge." -Stephen Hawking,

I thought it was similar to KWZ Foggy Green.

They went on to name every other ugly color that I happen to love.