mehandiratta

I finally put ink in this Kaweco, which I got a month or so ago. It’s a collaboration with Goldspot in their transparent series (of three).  This one is called Ultimate Gray. It was made with gold tone and silver tone trim. I chose silver, and a BB nib. I put in a cartridge of Kaweco Summer Purple, which I really like. 

large.IMG_9869.jpeg.f6fd19235c432db256cb85c368cb9780.jpeg

Posted Image

• Replies 321
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Misfit

• mehandiratta

• OMASsimo

• Azuniga

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Looks like one of those X-ray Montblanc images over in the Montblanc forum.

If you are to be ephemeral, leave a good scent.

This one arrived today. It’s a SE Asia exclusive color Ocean Blue, which I got with a M nib. Some stores don’t offer larger than M nibs.  It looks very close to Leuchtturm’s Nordic Blue notebook. 

large.IMG_9871.jpeg.9c6b052a0b5b5a81e6f6e44cd7ed3556.jpeg

Posted Image

8 hours ago, txomsy said:

Looks like one of those X-ray Montblanc images over in the Montblanc forum.

I had to look that up to see the X-ray photos. Wow, it was very interesting to see those X-rays. I have a print I got at retail of leaves that were X-rayed. The stems and veining show up much more. 

Posted Image

Well, ah hmm, I have five Kaweco’s on order. Three are AL Sport, and two are different shades of gray plastic Sport fountain pens. I found a website based in Asia that uses USD for all pricing. They have three shades of gray pens, granite gray (they use the grey spelling) concrete gray, and pebble gray. I chose granite. Also in the order are two clips, and a Kaweco twist and test cartridge dispenser. Oh, and one of the AL pens, the most expensive one. I ordered the standard gray version with a Raw Aluminum version. The last AL on order is the Iguana.  Hopefully I’ll stop buying. Though the other two gray pens are on my mind. 

Posted Image

The five Kaweco pens I ordered are starting to arrive. Here is the AL sport Blue Iguana. 

large.IMG_9889.jpeg.24c97f824f8fdfe15535159d369009ea.jpeg

Posted Image

On Wednesday I get a black piston Kaweco Sport with a semi-flex nib I just won out of the Auction House.

Picture then.

I was so happy when I put the gold nib to my thumbnail, and it was a semi-flex............I don't know how old it is... I'm guessing the '50's, in in '38 Hitler stole the gold....and semi-flex was 'normal' for the better pend in that era....

In I don't collect Lamy, I passed up a Model 99 with a semi-flex nib.:yikes:.when it passed the start minimum plus 30% level.

I knew Artus a Lamy sub-brand  was a nice springy regular flex nib.

But never read of a semi-flex Lamy.

In reference to P. T. Barnum; to advise for free is foolish, ........busybodies are ill liked by both factions.

Ransom Bucket cost me many of my pictures taken by a poor camera that was finally tossed. Luckily, the Chicken Scratch pictures also vanished.

The cheapest lessons are from those who learned expensive lessons. Ignorance is best for learning expensive lessons.

Two more Kaweco have arrived, that leaves two others still on their way. These came from Milligram in Australia. They are the AL Raw Aluminum, and the Sport Skyline in gray. Both have M nibs. It was the largest nib available on that website. 

large.IMG_9914.jpeg.66c5bf508758edf8e55b1736b5b6ac53.jpeg

Posted Image

• 3 weeks later...

Had to get the Cult Pens exclusive Apple Green Kaweco Sport Skyline with 1.1mm stub nib. It’s a nice green, not too bright, but not a Christmas green. The nib is a fantastic writer. 

large.IMG_9946.jpeg.ee5f7fab39c95b93e415afde53cd23ba.jpeg

Posted Image

'60-70 semi-flex gold F nib, piston Kaweco.

The other pen is a MB 32 semi-flex eyeball F, and the gold nib did clean up.

Both won at the same live auction.TfeNm1c.jpg

Different auction....And the one that Got Away!!  1927 gold overlay Safety pen.

Back when according to Thomas/Kaweco on the com, when Kaweco made the best nib in Germany**, better than Soeneecken and MB.

The nib was semi-flex, I'd expected more flex.

** 1900 to 1914 Kaweco used the US made Morton nib. In April of 1914 Kaweco bought tooling and trainers to make the Morton nib in Germany under Kaweco's name. Then came august of 1914 and all the American trainers went home. The nib was hand hammered and annealed...and a piece of potato was put on the nib tip to prevent the tipping from burning up.off......so I imagine potato soup was on the canteens daily menu. :D

I finished second, and made sure the Frenchman realized how valuable his new pen was.

ScIAWei.jpg

YFi1uVz.jpgUJpMFFw.jpg

Had I won,:rolleyes: I'd been eating potato soup for the next five months.

In reference to P. T. Barnum; to advise for free is foolish, ........busybodies are ill liked by both factions.

Ransom Bucket cost me many of my pictures taken by a poor camera that was finally tossed. Luckily, the Chicken Scratch pictures also vanished.

The cheapest lessons are from those who learned expensive lessons. Ignorance is best for learning expensive lessons.

On 7/20/2023 at 4:43 PM, Bo Bo Olson said:

'60-70 semi-flex gold F nib, piston Kaweco.

The other pen is a MB 32 semi-flex eyeball F, and the gold nib did clean up.

Both won at the same live auction.TfeNm1c.jpg

Different auction....And the one that Got Away!!  1927 gold overlay Safety pen.

Back when according to Thomas/Kaweco on the com, when Kaweco made the best nib in Germany**, better than Soeneecken and MB.

The nib was semi-flex, I'd expected more flex.

** 1900 to 1914 Kaweco used the US made Morton nib. In April of 1914 Kaweco bought tooling and trainers to make the Morton nib in Germany under Kaweco's name. Then came august of 1914 and all the American trainers went home. The nib was hand hammered and annealed...and a piece of potato was put on the nib tip to prevent the tipping from burning up.off......so I imagine potato soup was on the canteens daily menu. :D

I finished second, and made sure the Frenchman realized how valuable his new pen was.

ScIAWei.jpg

YFi1uVz.jpgUJpMFFw.jpg

Had I won,:rolleyes: I'd been eating potato soup for the next five months.

But you have a really wonderful pen to enjoy for many years to come. Congratulations.

It had to check the semi-flex and the piston box. I knew there were them, in they were made as Sport from the mid '30's......... but never chased them, in I couldn't proof the nib.

It is a wet writing nib, even when using a light Hand; and not pushing it into semi-flex.

:headsmack: Piston Pen.....The next time I go down to my B&M I have to get a bottle or two of Kawico ink...had bought some cartridges as tests.

From left to right

vintage

Dia 85A                    (1930s)

Dia 805                    (1950s)

Sport 12G                (1950s)

Colleg 550N            (1950s)

Colleg-Gold 550G  (1950s)

mechanical pencil  (1950s ? )

V67                         (1960s)

V50 blue                 (1960s)

after 2000

Dia2, with a Bock wide shoulder #5 F nib (type 076)

Student Vintage Blue

Liliput aluminium black

Liliput Brass with copper clip

BRASS Sport

AL Sport stonewashed black

Sport Classic Green, with nostalgia clip  

Sport Classic Blue Ballpoint, with clip           

IMG_20230727_124912_stitch.jpg

IMG_20230727_125403_stitch.jpg

Wheee! That's a nice collection.

Thomas tried to guide me into Kaweco, a long time ago, but I was into Pelikan, Geha, and Osmia....and  I was having a guerilla war with my wallet. ...That war is still going on!:o The wallet's winning.:(

But I almost climbed onto the Kaweco wagon, big time....but for a cursed unpatriotic French Kaweco collector....imagine bidding against me on one's national Holiday:headsmack:.....That would have given me two Kaweco's inside of two weeks.

• 4 weeks later...

I bought Kaweco Special pencil a few years ago and was so impressed I had to buy a Kaweco fountain pen.  I've got a small collection of the pens now, mainly Sports, with an eye on some more.

54164DCB-BDCC-464C-A3C1-42C9195182A3_1_201_a.jpeg

The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits.

Albert Einstein

• 5 months later...

This Kaweco AL Sport in Vibrant Violet arrived today. It has a fine nib. 

large.IMG_0462.jpeg.8c7bd895255167a95726635e6ba86ac7.jpeg

Posted Image

Maybe you can get the other pen later. Hopefully. 

Posted Image