• Misfit

• mehandiratta

• OMASsimo

• Azuniga

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...

Way back when I posted a vintage Sport in this thread. Not too long ago, I picked up another. At top is my old one, a V16 with springy steel nib. At bottom is the recent acquisition, a V16N that was said to have a 14k gold nib but does not. It is, however, an OB, which somewhat makes up for it.

fpn_1564690846__kaweco_sports_posted.jpg

fpn_1564690813__kaweco_sports_capped.jpg

Happiness is an Indian ED!

• 3 weeks later...

I recently purchased a small Kaweco 126 via eBay, and i am very pleased with it but cannot find anything about this model online. It has a size 2 nib (14 karat) with the Kadet name engraved. The tipping is broad. Would love to know more about this model if anyone has information about it. Thank you! Kim

post-145235-0-12983000-1566149638_thumb.jpeg

Edited by leicagirl

I recently purchased a small Kaweco 126 via eBay, and i am very pleased with it but cannot find anything about this model online. It has a size 2 nib (14 karat) with the Kadet name engraved. The tipping is broad. Would love to know more about this model if anyone has information about it. Thank you! Kim

leicagirl,

beautiful pen and if you are enjoying writing with it, even better... the only thing i can say is the model dates from 1934–1936, it was the economic model and I have also seen it with the print Cadet (with a C instead of a K)... unfortunately the book published two or three years ago is a little messy and not very complete to distinguish between all the models and the relationship with their numbers (probably related to their price as it was usual then).

The closest number to yours that I have is a Dia 125 from more or less the same date...

Hopefully someone will be here soon to answer your question in a more precise way...

Best

Thank you, Azuniga, for this information, as I knew it was vintage, but I did not know its exact age. The pen writes beautifully, and I am grateful to have it. I am including another photo of the pen (held, as with the first photo I posted, by my friend Drew).

post-145235-0-93364200-1566634858_thumb.jpeg

• 3 weeks later...

Well, originally I thought it was oxidized (the original is lighter than images I uploaded) but I did not know.

I have had this pen for longtime and never used it, in my notes I had written that the material could be Catalin (thermosetting polymer from the American Catalin Corporation, 1927), but I could never find evidence that Catalin was sold in Germany in the twenties… nevertheless, for that reason I was never afraid of water as if I had known it could be casein. I concur with Thomas it is celluloid.

In fact I found it yesterday among unused pens; it did not have a pressure bar and a sac so I installed them and started using it. It is so surprisingly smooth that I thought I would bring it to the attention of the “show you Kaweco” thread.

When I read the reactions this morning I remembered some prototypes (I have always considered them prototypes since they were unused and I do not know if they were actually into production). I looked for them in this thread to quote them and I discovered I had never showed them here so I show them now.

From l to r:

680 – no # – 683 – 681

All with Pallad nib

fpn_1546098351__kp1.jpg

fpn_1546098386__kp2.jpg

And then a safety # 714 with a 14K nib (shown in the Kaweco book)

fpn_1546098414__714a.jpg

fpn_1546098444__714b.jpg

fpn_1546098476__714c.jpg

Thanks siamackz & Thomas for your interest and for what I am learning in this thread…

Wonderful pens Ariel, thanks for sharing. I do suspect that these pens are made from galalith rather than celluloid. I have one like yours and I believe it is made from galalith so it can be dated to the 1930s.

All of the vintage Kaweco pens are amazing. All the variety is a pleasant surprise. I only have new Kaweco pens, and like them very much. I posted three of them awhile back. Here are my other Kaweco pens. The black Guilloche has a BB nib, the others B nibs. The Red Fox is not as light as the photo shows.

fpn_1568858943__51bbbc3e-da36-4ec2-86ab-

Posted Image

I find myself wanting the Goldspot exclusive Kaweco.

Bought one with BB nib.

Edited by Misfit
Posted Image

My Goldspot Kaweco arrived today. It is more green than blue. I like it a lot. I filled it with a sample of Edelstein Jade I got at the Pelikan Hub.

fpn_1569277252__220c4152-fab8-42f0-9a7c-

Edited by Misfit
Posted Image

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all!

I bought a Kaweco Kadett 045.08 and, having dipped it (as soon as I get it, that is usually the case for me) I love the nib. So i wanted to fill it.

The piston is extremely stiff and... sticky (?) on the way down but smooth on the way up. And is doesnt actually draw any ink up.

I was hoping that by unscrewing the piston turn cap the extra turns, that would allow me access to the piston. I didnt try too hard, but pretty hard, and no movement of the cap.

Can someone tell me how to access the piston please?

Thanks in advance.

P25B

• 3 weeks later...

It's not easy to find a desk or lever filler Kaweco pens. Now I have a lever filler desk pen whit rare type #4 nib. :bunny01:

post-33738-0-51859400-1571952503_thumb.jpg

post-33738-0-37717300-1571952621_thumb.jpg

post-33738-0-91789500-1571952664_thumb.jpg

• 3 weeks later...