The Hemingway Photo Thread

fpupulin

I still have a a fresh memory of the day a mint Hemingway with a buy now option of $1100 popped up on eBay a few years back and I passed it up due to not having that sort of spare cash at the time . I don't frequent this thread a lot for that reason

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• fpupulin

• KAC

• penmanila

• Toll

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

"Our story begins..."

fpn_1511880831__neal_laver_our_story_beg

Thanks for looking!

Neal.

A great, low contrast, vintage composition, an intimate homage to a pen that is both vintage and modern, and unique in its class. Congratulations for the photos and your splendid Hemingway, and for the diary as well!

I still have a a fresh memory of the day a mint Hemingway with a buy now option of $1100 popped up on eBay a few years back and I passed it up due to not having that sort of spare cash at the time . I don't frequent this thread a lot for that reason

In the far 1992, I was eyeing the Hemingway in the windows of two pen shops that were close to my office. It was then 400 Euros, new, and with the freedom to select the nib of your choice. In that moment the priorities of my life left no free money for the pen, and I had to pass. Always regret the moment...

fpupulin, I am green with envy of your medium-format camera set-up and your talents at lighting and composition. Such beautiful work!

jmccarty3, thank you for your words.

Well, together with a few watches (very, very few) and some fifteen fountain pens (maybe a bit less), photography is my only vice... And I have the excuse of using my gear also for my botanical work.

The black resin of the Hemingway is not black. It is a very dark brown. I saw a few pens where the brown is lighter, as it was slightly faded, but in my sample it is very dark and intense. Just not black...

Here is a photograph to see it against a true black background:

fpn_1512047445__hemingway_is_not_black.j

And here, is the pen working in botany...

fpn_1512047881__montblanc_hemingway_e_sp

Please follow posting images!

I have a beautiful NOS Hemingway, so no need for envy there, but I am still drooling over your camera equipment and your photographic skills. These are some of the best photos I have seen on FPN.

Rationalizing pen and ink purchases since 1967.

I would guess the outcome of my spending any time in here will be the same as after all the time I spent last year in Tom Kellie's Rose Gold O3B thread.

fpupulin, thanks for your beautiful photographs! (and Tom K, thanks for yours as well) :notworthy1:

"Inspiration exists, but it has to find you working." -Pablo Picasso

I would guess the outcome of my spending any time in here will be the same as after all the time I spent last year in Tom Kellie's Rose Gold O3B thread.

fpupulin, thanks for your beautiful photographs! (and Tom K, thanks for yours as well) :notworthy1:

~ BillH:

The very warmest Thank you!

You're too kind.

If a Hemingway is in your future, you'll be in fine company, as this thread shows.

Tom K.

Very nice work fpupulin, I have admired your craft over the years and look forward to this time of year when you bring out your best.

Cheers

Lovely drawing. Indeed, the Hemingway colors are officially “coral and espresso,” iirc.

Oh, yes! Coral and Espresso!

fpn_1512330593__montblac_hemingway_2017_

[i am electrified by the power resolution of my new macro lens...]

• 2 months later...

Did anyone re-post the vintage '50s 149 EF nib that I transplanted into his Hemingway WE? Including the 50s vintage ink feeder?

Edited by niksch

Hard times don't last, but hard people do.

Thank a Veteran.

• 5 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Learning Spencerian with the Hemingway. A Mini Phalaenopsis orchid, flowering for the third time in a small por of porcelain 2" (5 cm) wide, is a good companion for the writing session...

fpn_1538617962__montblanc_hemingway_spen

fpn_1538618015__montblanc_hemingway_spen

fpn_1538618883__montblanc_hemingway_and_

Just lovely Franco, thank you so much for sharing.

"Inspiration exists, but it has to find you working." -Pablo Picasso