Top Posters In This Topic

• fpupulin

• KAC

• penmanila

• Toll

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

6 hours ago, como said:

When I first saw this thread, I knew I was doomed. Hemingway is finally home... 

large.8813ECA2-F034-4DF8-AD9F-0734B1ACE77F.jpeg.e5154ef81fd76b5de431866a514b63e6.jpeg

Congratulations! Such a beautiful pen to hold and to behold! Enjoy! 

@Michael R.  @Toll Thank you very much!

@Karmachanic The prices of Hemingway range widely. For me it was important to be able to see and examine this pen in person before buying it. 
@fpupulin I took out my Leica to shoot a couple of photos of the Hemingway. I hadn’t used it for ages. Even without a macro and artificial lighting equipment, it was fun to play with it again! I really miss using these rangefinders with a manual focus!

large.363B0962-5B76-40AB-87DB-72F142488BEB.jpeg.9953f65757e85b3f88b9713a0f3e49d3.jpeg

A modern interpretation of a Leica rangefinder camera - which became very famous in the Thirties -  shooting a modern interpretation of a classic fountain pen - also a timeless model of the same era…

And your “vision” of the natural light, with its vivid but soft shades and contrast, is truly remarkable.

Not bad at all, my friend, for one who had not used his camera in ages!

Photographically speaking, a macro lens may be useful, but it is not strictly necessary in pen photography. Often it is an error going too close… and losing what happens all around the pen. I noted frequently that in some of the best images of pens, the main subject is but a third part or less of the whole picture. This translates into a “feeling” of the pen, rather than a technical portrait.

18 hours ago, fpupulin said:

A modern interpretation of a Leica rangefinder camera - which became very famous in the Thirties -  shooting a modern interpretation of a classic fountain pen - also a timeless model of the same era…...

@fpupulin Haha, very true but I didn't think of it! I decided to just stick with my 50mm/1.4f lens for a while. A new macro lens is very costly (costs about a Hemingway plus an Agatha Christie). Hunting for a used Leica macro on the internet would be an expensive gamble (a bit like hunting a Hemmy online). I saw one recently at a very good price but upon more careful examination of the photos, I found that two aperture blades have scuffs/dents 😞 Never mind! At least my Manfrotto tripod is very stable and the ball head is turning well in all directions 😀.

On 1/30/2022 at 6:58 AM, como said:

@Michael R.  @Toll Thank you very much!

@Karmachanic The prices of Hemingway range widely. For me it was important to be able to see and examine this pen in person before buying it. 
@fpupulin I took out my Leica to shoot a couple of photos of the Hemingway. I hadn’t used it for ages. Even without a macro and artificial lighting equipment, it was fun to play with it again! I really miss using these rangefinders with a manual focus!

large.363B0962-5B76-40AB-87DB-72F142488BEB.jpeg.9953f65757e85b3f88b9713a0f3e49d3.jpeg

This photo makes me smile — the orange-salmon barrel is so appealing. And, the pen in hand is so satisfying. If I were to own only one fountain pen, this would be a contender. 

On 2/1/2022 at 11:01 PM, Toll said:

This photo makes me smile — the orange-salmon barrel is so appealing. And, the pen in hand is so satisfying. If I were to own only one fountain pen, this would be a contender. 

@Toll Happy to hear that you also like it. Looking back, I would say that my MB Hemingway and Omas old style Paragon Arco Brown are my most cherished pens. 

4 hours ago, fpupulin said:

Orange on black…

large.A4784414-5AAA-4CA1-BA3E-F57D1A2A47D1.jpeg.08597aa8d6b49a4770c7f1af76d0c5ad.jpeg

That is a prize-winning image of a Hemingway if there ever was one.

Rationalizing pen and ink purchases since 1967.

fpupulin;

Appreciate again, that you call on your past experience and share with us, your talent to pick a  viewpoint to form a pleasing visual outcome.

• 3 weeks later...

Great new quotes from Mr. Hemingway and love the Hamilton field vibe — kit that Hemingway would have likely felt at home with on safari or the battlefield. The Hemingway pen really stands out!

• 6 months later...
  • 6 months later...

It has been a long time since I portrayed my Hemingway, undoubtedly one of the most photogenic pens in my collection. A couple of recent posts (actually a recent one and a "resurrected") dedicated to the Hemingway have awakened in me the desire to pamper her a bit, putting together a scenario for a new portrait. And here she is, the beautiful Hemingway, photographed in her natural "ambiance" in the mild morning light before work begins, in all her splendid and lively simplicity.

large.175534194_MontblancHemingwayinherenvironmentFP.jpg.6ea6387b8ac8938b0e7d8c6890695087.jpg

Thanks again for another magnificent image of your Hemingway.

Rationalizing pen and ink purchases since 1967.