The Hemingway Photo Thread

fpupulin

As I follow a few blogs devoted to watches, I noted that it is quite common there having threads (mostly with photos) dedicated to a single model or line of watches. The good point of these threads is that they gather a lot of visual information (and comments) about that particular watch. Owners often add new photos to the thread, sharing with others multiple images of their watch, and the threads quickly become a sort of visual encyclopaedia about a specific model.

In my opinion, such threads are very useful for whom wants to have a broadest idea of how a watch looks and wears in different situations and different lightings, as they collect the available information into a single place.

I would then open here one of these threads, dedicated to a great classic in Montblanc production, with some of my photos of the Writers Edition series' first pen, the Hemingway. I hope that others will post their images here, and that other members will open similar threads devoted to others models.

fpn_1344906313__hemiscreen.jpg

fpn_1411565748__my_montblanc_hemingway.j

fpn_1460653077__montblanc_hemingway_and_

fpn_1385337733__penna_hemingway_e_fragol

fpn_1396900674__montblanc_hemingway_and_

fpn_1398533800__hemingway_quick_exercise

fpn_1358887407__le_macchine_inutili.jpg

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• fpupulin

• KAC

• penmanila

• Toll

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Ooh... I like these drawings that you do, wonderful!

"Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one." -- A. Einstein

Beautiful pictures! Brilliant idea!

Unfortunately, I do not own a Hemingway so I am unable to contribute :(

I wasn't sure about my feelings toward the orange body of the Hemingway (others would call its colour as "coral", but in my opinion is a brave orange...), but it is now my preferred pen, together with a couple of beautiful Omas in the Arco brown (or bronze) celluloid.

Here is a splash of mixed colours:

fpn_1460424732__montblanc_hemingway_and_

Great pix, fpupulin ! :thumbup:

And nice idea than this post.

My pictures are less aesthetics than yours ...

http://i1092.photobucket.com/albums/i404/Xof72000/MONTBLANC%20Hemingway%202_zpsmm1ycmwc.jpg

http://i1092.photobucket.com/albums/i404/Xof72000/MB%20139%20Osman%2010_zps4tdowtys.jpg

Great pen, great drawings, great photographs. Thanks for making me drool over all three.

Well, well! Photos are coming... The thread is on its own way!

Here, a shot of the Hemingway "at home". The first edition of "A farewell to arms" belongs to my mother, but I have a bid on it!

You will note that the cap, the grip and the cone are not black, but a very dark brown, made to resemble someway a faded black celluloid.

fpn_1460673553__montblanc_hemislide20.jp

Also the golden clip and the rings are not shiny, but treated in a way that confer them some "antique" look.

fpn_1460673613__my_montblanc_hemingway_1

fpn_1460673650__my_montblanc_hemingway_c

Thanks for all the pictures. I dont have a Hemingway yet, maybe will get one at a pen show sometime........

The Hemingway with another couple of beauties... Omas Paragon in Arco brown celluloid and Delta Dolce Vita slim.

fpn_1460937652__three_beauties_2.jpg

The Hemingway with another couple of beauties... Omas Paragon in Arco brown celluloid and Delta Dolce Vita slim.

fpn_1460937652__three_beauties_2.jpg

Holy f***~ Your Arco Paragon looks out of this world

Wonderful fpupulin! Let's see pens and watches together! Is this an EF and to get your line variation was it modified? I suspect not as the Hemmingway nib does seem to have some spring to it..

Best regards,

Phil