Who Made This Little Pen With A Snake Clip?

BamaPen

I have definitely seen that engraved 'P' before and I think it was a small independent pen maker. I wonder if this isn't a commission from someone who wanted an Agatha but couldn't find or afford one so had something very similar made?

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• BamaPen

• dogpoet

• Calamus plasticus

• tryphon

Top Posters In This Topic

I have definitely seen that engraved 'P' before and I think it was a small independent pen maker. I wonder if this isn't a commission from someone who wanted an Agatha but couldn't find or afford one so had something very similar made?

I suppose that could have happened, but the dealer who sold me this one had sold others. I have seen two more for sure, and the dealer said that he sold all he had very quickly. Not surprising since it is a nice pen and definitely resembles the Agatha...but I'm still wondering who actually made them.

The Moonwalk Pen - honoring Apollo lunar landings
4-x-2-advertisement-copy-reduced-size.jp

I don't think this to be a copy of the MB Agatha: it is closer to the looks of old safety pens than the Agatha, as it has the threads closer to the nib, as a safety pen does. This pen was made by someone who knows well how an old safety pen is: that's the reason why I like it :-)

To my knowledge, only Stylochap modern safeties are so close to an old safety, albeit those are real dafeties and this one is a piston filler.

I don't think this to be a copy of the MB Agatha: it is closer to the looks of old safety pens than the Agatha, as it has the threads closer to the nib, as a safety pen does. This pen was made by someone who knows well how an old safety pen is: that's the reason why I like it :-)

To my knowledge, only Stylochap modern safeties are so close to an old safety, albeit those are real dafeties and this one is a piston filler.

I had not thought of the safety pens, but you are correct that this pen strongly resembles the old MB safety pens. Its clip, though, seems to be a copy of the Agatha clip.

It is very nicely done, and I'm still puzzled about the manufacturer.

The Moonwalk Pen - honoring Apollo lunar landings
4-x-2-advertisement-copy-reduced-size.jp