What's Your Most Recent Mb Purchase? 2016

RMN

I thought that once I got a 149 I would be satisfied. Did I mention that I thought I wouldn't want anymore pens once I got a 149. Maybe I just need the Homo Sapiens Dark Ages. Yeah, I'll be content, then.

• Replies 731
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pravda

• Tom Kellie

• da vinci

• zaddick

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I thought that once I got a 149 I would be satisfied. Did I mention that I thought I wouldn't want anymore pens once I got a 149. Maybe I just need the Homo Sapiens Dark Ages. Yeah, I'll be content, then.

LOL :lticaptd:

If you want less blah, blah, blah and more pictures, follow me on Instagram!

My purchase of the Heritage 1906 Rouge et Noir in coral two weeks ago proved to be very detrimental to my pockets.

I liked the serpent clip motif so much and so I was tempted to get this:

fpn_1462730017__img_4764.jpg

But then I also started wondering wouldn't it be nice if I complete my Heritage series, so I went for this:

fpn_1462730060__img_4780.jpg

Turns out 2016 has been busy for me, totally unexpectedly so I swear:

fpn_1462730091__img_4772.jpg

Heritage 1906

Heritage 1914

90 Years 149

Solitaire Geometric Dimensions

Agatha Christie in Vermeil

146R

I really will start avoiding the MB boutique, until towards the second half of the year at least :wacko:

Notes: The Heritage 1914 is a brute! I love it, but I can totally see how it'll not be a good writer- I can barely lift it up due its weight/heft. I must admit, it commands respect, it sheer size.. But ironically, it also feels like a toy.

The Agatha in vermeil is lovelier in person. Couldn't have imagined falling in love with it so much. The clip, albeit bigger than the R&N, is less flexible and makes it harder to fit into my pen case. But the design and colors.. I consider myself incredibly lucky to find a NOS piece after 23 years since production.

Edited by Pravda

Just got a birthday present from my whole family. Birthday was two weeks ago, but I have not seen them since then.

Altough it looks like a normal edition, it is not. Can anyone guess what edition this is?

attachicon.gifK1024_20160507_144417.JPG

attachicon.gifK1024_20160507_144225.JPG

attachicon.gifK1024_20160507_144525.JPG

Yours,

Marcel

Maybe the 149 special edition for the oppening of the new boutique in Hambourg.

Just got a birthday present from my whole family. Birthday was two weeks ago, but I have not seen them since then.

Altough it looks like a normal edition, it is not. Can anyone guess what edition this is?

~ For the past day I've sought any mention of a nib with a braided cord or rope design around the edge.

The building in the center appears to be a classical structure, like a gate.

Is it commemorating a city anniversary, rather than an individual?

In any case, it's an intriguing mystery. A wonderful birthday gift.

Thank you for posting the images.

Tom K.

~ For the past day I've sought any mention of a nib with a braided cord or rope design around the edge.

The building in the center appears to be a classical structure, like a gate.

Is it commemorating a city anniversary, rather than an individual?

In any case, it's an intriguing mystery. A wonderful birthday gift.

Thank you for posting the images.

Tom K.

Maybe the 149 special edition for the oppening of the new boutique in Hambourg.

Please do tell! An unusual nib engraving...

Thanks for your answers and your compliments.

The beauty is called Montblanc 149 Platinum Hamburg Special Edition.

@admmarcos I don't know if this edition is dedicated to the new flagship store, but you are right about Hamburg.

The nib shows a rope at the edges and in the middle the coat of arms of the city of Hamburg.

I like the pen very much.

Yours,

Marcel

Edited by RotePappkiste

~ @kelvinkeh

I'm interested to know that you found the blue hour ink to be effective in your platinum OBBB nib.

I happen to have blue hour ink, but heretofore hadn't considered it as a possible OBBB ink.

For several months I've been wondering which inks may work best in BB or OBBB nibs.

Your comment above is very helpful! Thank you.

Tom K.

Tom, in case this helps you at all, I currently have inked up and am using my 149 OBBB with Lavender Purple and have always loved the way that ink works in this pen. But I happen to love this ink with any nib really! I have also used Corn Poppy Red with my OBBB and it comes out with a rich, dark color that I love using. It's not bright red like you expect for grading papers or editing something... it's a deep red that calls attention and has depth to it.

I keep thinking about selling some of my pens but all that happens is I keep acquiring more!

Thanks for your answers and your compliments.

The beauty is called Montblanc 149 Platinum Hamburg Special Edition.

@admmarcos I don't know if this edition is dedicated to the new flagship store, but you are right about Hamburg.

The nib shows a rope at the edges and in the middle the coat of arms of the city of Hamburg.

~ @RotePappkiste

The Montblanc 149 Platinum Hamburg Special Edition is certainly lovely!

It's really kind of you to have shared it with us, otherwise we might not have known about it.

I was far off, as I had wondered if it was in some way associated with the Hanseatic League.

Hamburg's coat-of-arms — so that's it!

May you enjoy it as often as possible!

Tom K.

Tom, in case this helps you at all, I currently have inked up and am using my 149 OBBB with Lavender Purple and have always loved the way that ink works in this pen. But I happen to love this ink with any nib really! I have also used Corn Poppy Red with my OBBB and it comes out with a rich, dark color that I love using. It's not bright red like you expect for grading papers or editing something... it's a deep red that calls attention and has depth to it.

~ @Mister Mont Blanc

Yes, what you've written is of greatest interest to me. Thank you!

My first several Montblanc 149s were all EF nibs, as were the two Classiques which followed.

The reason was to be able to mark on graduate student homework assignments and on multi-page research manuscripts.

Last year, by a series of accidental circumstances, I ended up purchasing a LeGrand 90th Anniversary with a Broad nib.

It didn't take long before I found that I appreciated its intense strokes.

Here on Fountain Pen Network I was influenced by member @Ghost Plane, who is a tireless advocate for the wide nib side of fountain pens.

As of today, an OBBB and a BB are on order from Hamburg, expected within a few months. One of the 149s is the standard model and the other is a 90th Anniversary.

There are also two vintage 342Gs on order, one with a B and the other with a BB nib.

What I've found is that I enjoy how the ink shows, thus ink choice has become a priority.

Interestingly enough, the two Montblanc inks I've come to rely on are Royal Blue and Corn Poppy Red.

I own a variety of other Montblanc inks, but those two tend to work best for my needs.

In Parker 51s, I like Diamine China Blue. Soon I hope to acquire Pilot Iroshizuku Tsuyu-kusa ink, as I like light yet rich blues.

When the OBBB arrives I may go with the Corn Poppy Red on your recommendation, which is much appreciated.

As it happens, later today a Classique EF will be picked up from a local Beijing boutique, after having been changed from an F nib.

After today, future Montblancs are likely to be on @Ghost Plane's side of the fence.

With Appreciation,

Tom K.

Edited by Tom Kellie

~ @Matlock and @jsolares

OOPS!

Very sorry about that!

Many thanks to both of you for quickly pointing out my careless mistake.

It's a very nice 145, as I'd have known if I'd reviewed what I wrote before posting.

Thank you both.

Tom K.

~ @Matlock and @jsolares

OOPS!

Very sorry about that!

Many thanks to both of you for quickly pointing out my careless mistake.

It's a very nice 145, as I'd have known if I'd reviewed what I wrote before posting.

Thank you both.

Tom K.

Blame montblanc both a 144 and a 145 can be a classique :)

Congrats :) I thought along the same lines with Vert Empire

Yes, read your post in other topic about ink with other persons. So also thought why not try to match with the eyes of the snake.

My preferred supplier (no affiliation just a very happy customer):

Appelboom

Yes, read your post in other topic about ink with other persons. So also thought why not try to match with the eyes of the snake.

Irish Green would've been perfect, but despite mine being the wettest writer ever it still doesn't play nice with my F nib :/