Montblanc Golden Yellow Ink

Michael R.

Mine is not bright at all....More the Golden than the Yellow and shades well. I should buy more.

No Name, late '30s-40's gold colored edel stahl semi-flex F nib, gold colored metal....looks like a Pfortzheim clip.

Golden Yellow...top then, Lucky Orange and Davis.http://i1339.photobucket.com/albums/o707/boboolson1/SAM_0897_zpsmubronup.jpg

Bo Bo yours might be the reissued version. The first version bottles and cartridges were recalled because they suffered from SITB

I have a bottle of the reissue (sans SITB) as well. It looks like the previous one, a bright orangey yellow. It doesn't look like the burnt orange in your photo Bo Bo. So it can be:

a different pen/paper configuration,

a batch problem, or

a not thoroughly cleaned pen?

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Michael R.

• Bo Bo Olson

• Hospitalier

• amberleadavis

Not both pens; they were set aside as clean...both the Yellow and the Orange were darker than others have.

It would be embarrassing that there was so much ink left in a clean pen to make such a big difference.

But I'll try later another pen.

Edited by Bo Bo Olson

In reference to P. T. Barnum; to advise for free is foolish, ........busybodies are ill liked by both factions.

Ransom Bucket cost me many of my pictures taken by a poor camera that was finally tossed. Luckily, the Chicken Scratch pictures also vanished.

The cheapest lessons are from those who learned expensive lessons. Ignorance is best for learning expensive lessons.

Found and made sure my Pelikan Amethyst was clean. A M nib, springy drier than semi-flex.

It was a dirty pen that made the ink darker and more interesting....that helped it shade so well.

Too bad.

In reference to P. T. Barnum; to advise for free is foolish, ........busybodies are ill liked by both factions.

Ransom Bucket cost me many of my pictures taken by a poor camera that was finally tossed. Luckily, the Chicken Scratch pictures also vanished.

The cheapest lessons are from those who learned expensive lessons. Ignorance is best for learning expensive lessons.