366 + Inks - 2016 - An Ink A Day - Or 30+ Inks Per Month - At Least

amberleadavis

dcwaites, on 28 May 2016 - 16:53, said: Except for Blackstone Colours of Australia inks. They inspire deep and meaningful overthought.

Beware the superficially profound! :lticaptd:

Lgsoltek, on 28 May 2016 - 22:18, said: Well Amber, I just called China Post service... They say I can't send liquids. Too bad. :headsmack:

Are you sure? In the US you can't just send liquids through the mail, but if you wrap them carefully (something absorbent, and then a waterproof barrier) then you can send them. It might be worth asking someone else there for a second opinion. The USPS site for sending mail to China states that you can't transport liquids or powders via local air transport so international mail arriving by air containing liquids will then travel to its destination via ground transportation. It might be that it has to be shipped ground to the point where it can fly to the US.

Equally, I know that in the US you can't send a lithium battery through the mail, and yet I have received them... Just saying...

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• amberleadavis

• lgsoltek

• dcwaites

• Tas

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Beware the superficially profound! :lticaptd:

Are you sure? In the US you can't just send liquids through the mail, but if you wrap them carefully (something absorbent, and then a waterproof barrier) then you can send them. It might be worth asking someone else there for a second opinion. The USPS site for sending mail to China states that you can't transport liquids or powders via local air transport so international mail arriving by air containing liquids will then travel to its destination via ground transportation. It might be that it has to be shipped ground to the point where it can fly to the US.

Equally, I know that in the US you can't send a lithium battery through the mail, and yet I have received them... Just saying...

I am pretty sure, he is sure... Not all countries have the same laws and regulations. A friend in Singapore cannot ship ink through their mail system. He can receive them thou.

C.

fpn_1481652911__bauerinkslogo03.jpg
**** BauerInks.ca ****

**** MORE.... Robert Oster Signature INKS ****

**** NICK STEWART - KWZI INKs TEST ****

"The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it's the illusion of knowledge." -Stephen Hawking,

I am pretty sure, he is sure... Not all countries have the same laws and regulations. A friend in Singapore cannot ship ink through their mail system. He can receive them thou.

C.

My point was that the USPS rules for shipping to China point out that they will use ground transport to deliver liquids. The USPS has at times told people that they can't ship liquids in the US but in fact you can, you just have to pack them properly. Thus I was wondering from the ground comment if he could send them just not directly... http://www.ems.com.cn/serviceguide/e_jin_ji_wu_pin.html doesn't mention ink, so unless it is point blank banned (rule 1) or could damage other post (rule 8) I am not sure why ink would be banned. I also know that talking to different people at the USPS I get different answers so I am curious if asking again might get a different answer. I am sure he asked and got the answer he said he did, I am just wondering how sure china post is. Edited by zwack

Yes there's nothing writing in the regulations forbidding ink, but somehow I've known it is forbidden. It seems to be implemented in recent years. Anyway I called the hotline of China Post and they say I can't send liquid overseas.

I can receive liquid from overseas, but I just can't send it out. Is this the same in Singapore?

Yes there's nothing writing in the regulations forbidding ink, but somehow I've known it is forbidden. It seems to be implemented in recent years. Anyway I called the hotline of China Post and they say I can't send liquid overseas.

I can receive liquid from overseas, but I just can't send it out. Is this the same in Singapore?

Sorry to hear it. I would assume symmetry in such things as whatever reason they have for not allowing liquids isn't going to go away for foreign liquids. I did find something stating that China dodn't allow liquids coming in, but that just pointed to the same usps page I had found previously which actually says that once they land in China they will go via ground transportation, not that they are banned.

Well, I learned something in the last two days at least.

Thank you, LG, I'm so sorry to hear this.

Fountain pens are my preferred COLOR DELIVERY SYSTEM (in part because crayons melt in Las Vegas).

Create a Ghostly Avatar and I'll send you a letter. Check out some Ink comparisons: The Great PPS Comparison 

Don't know where to start?  Look at the Inky Topics O'day.  Then, see inks sorted by color: Blue Purple Brown Red Green Dark Green Orange Black Pinks Yellows Blue-Blacks Grey/Gray UVInks Turquoise/Teal MURKY

http://www.sheismylawyer.com/2016-Ink/06-June/slides/2016-06-03_03.jpg

Fountain pens are my preferred COLOR DELIVERY SYSTEM (in part because crayons melt in Las Vegas).

Create a Ghostly Avatar and I'll send you a letter. Check out some Ink comparisons: The Great PPS Comparison 

Don't know where to start?  Look at the Inky Topics O'day.  Then, see inks sorted by color: Blue Purple Brown Red Green Dark Green Orange Black Pinks Yellows Blue-Blacks Grey/Gray UVInks Turquoise/Teal MURKY

http://www.sheismylawyer.com/2016-Ink/06-June/slides/2016-06-03_04.jpg

http://www.sheismylawyer.com/2016-Ink/06-June/slides/2016-06-03_05.jpg

http://www.sheismylawyer.com/2016-Ink/06-June/slides/2016-06-03_06.jpg

http://www.sheismylawyer.com/2016-Ink/06-June/slides/2016-06-03_07.jpg

http://www.sheismylawyer.com/2016-Ink/06-June/slides/2016-06-03_08.jpg

http://www.sheismylawyer.com/2016-Ink/06-June/slides/2016-06-03_09.jpg

I'm using this thread to guide my ink choice for the day. A quick look through and I think "hmm, I've not used so and so for a while, quick find an empty pen"

Thanks amberleadavis.

:)

:)

I'm glad you are finding this useful. We have more than 200 inks up on display.

http://www.sheismylawyer.com/2016-Ink/06-June/slides/2016-06-03_10.jpg

http://www.sheismylawyer.com/2016-Ink/06-June/slides/2016-06-03_11.jpg

http://www.sheismylawyer.com/2016-Ink/06-June/slides/2016-06-03_12.jpg

http://www.sheismylawyer.com/2016-Ink/06-June/slides/2016-06-03_13.jpg

http://www.sheismylawyer.com/2016-Ink/06-June/slides/2016-06-03_14.jpg