366 + Inks - 2016 - An Ink A Day - Or 30+ Inks Per Month - At Least

amberleadavis

WHAT No comments???????

I can't really navigate this thread.. the pics are huge and takes too long to load... Am I the only one with this problem??

C.

fpn_1481652911__bauerinkslogo03.jpg
**** BauerInks.ca ****

**** MORE.... Robert Oster Signature INKS ****

**** NICK STEWART - KWZI INKs TEST ****

"The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it's the illusion of knowledge." -Stephen Hawking,

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• amberleadavis

• lgsoltek

• dcwaites

• Tas

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

All good here. I just scroll through looking for a colour I like and pass on through if I don't see one amongst the pinks and oranges ;)

All good here. I just scroll through looking for a colour I like and pass on through if I don't see one amongst the pinks and oranges ;)

Well.. this is the only thread I have problems with... actually this and all the CRV threads with huge pics. The rest of the forum is fine, even the picture threads (show us your pen, pics of bottles .. etc)

C.

**** BauerInks.ca ****

"The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it's the illusion of knowledge." -Stephen Hawking,

WHAT No comments???????

Love these! I spend time just scrolling through your writing/doodling. It brings a smile to my face.

I do have a question - do you have a system of how you choose your inks?

"Today will be gone in less than 24 hours. When it is gone, it is gone. Be wise, but enjoy! - anonymous today

The Old burgundy really reminds me of KWZ brown pink, and I want to try it some day. Meanwhile, the Sepia also looks quite nice. I like brown-leaning burgundies - or, at least, burgundies in general.

Thank you.

Fountain pens are my preferred COLOR DELIVERY SYSTEM (in part because crayons melt in Las Vegas).

Create a Ghostly Avatar and I'll send you a letter. Check out some Ink comparisons: The Great PPS Comparison 

Don't know where to start?  Look at the Inky Topics O'day.  Then, see inks sorted by color: Blue Purple Brown Red Green Dark Green Orange Black Pinks Yellows Blue-Blacks Grey/Gray UVInks Turquoise/Teal MURKY

I can't really navigate this thread.. the pics are huge and takes too long to load... Am I the only one with this problem??

C.

Sorry, the pictures are large. They are supposed to be resized, but it may not be happening.

Fountain pens are my preferred COLOR DELIVERY SYSTEM (in part because crayons melt in Las Vegas).

Create a Ghostly Avatar and I'll send you a letter. Check out some Ink comparisons: The Great PPS Comparison 

Don't know where to start?  Look at the Inky Topics O'day.  Then, see inks sorted by color: Blue Purple Brown Red Green Dark Green Orange Black Pinks Yellows Blue-Blacks Grey/Gray UVInks Turquoise/Teal MURKY

http://www.taskyprianou.com/me_clueless.jpg

Oh.

Sorry.

Ah, thank you!!!

What? Too much pink and orange?

BTW, that Sepia from Pilot is really nice.

Love these! I spend time just scrolling through your writing/doodling. It brings a smile to my face.

I do have a question - do you have a system of how you choose your inks?

Well, sort of yes and mostly no.

Check out this thread for a real giggle.

https://www.fountainpennetwork.com/forum/topic/245296-pen-and-ink-filling-rules-how-do-you-choose-ink-pen-combinations/

Sorry, the pictures are large. They are supposed to be resized, but it may not be happening.

I have the same problem as Cyber6. If anybody else in the household is downloading anything, I may only get a few images before the system gives up.

And, I don't think they are resizing.

I was able to save two from the previous page, 2016-03-06_17.jpg from post #381 and 2016-03-06_26w.jpg from post #390.

The first is 3488x4970 (17.3 Mpixel) and the second is 5076x3724 (18.9 Mpixel)

I use GraphicConverter on my Mac and Irfanview on my PC to resize images before I post.

That way I can make them big enough to see the details if you click on them, but not so big as to take a long time to download.

fpn_1412827311__pg_d_104def64.gif

“Them as can do has to do for them as can’t.

And someone has to speak up for them as has no voices.”

Granny Aching

I use GraphicConverter on my Mac and Irfanview on my PC to resize images before I post.

That way I can make them big enough to see the details if you click on them, but not so big as to take a long time to download.

Using the UPLOAD tab from FPN will not allow pics larger than 1MB.. so yeah. Larger pics will slow the load performance.

C.

**** BauerInks.ca ****

Okay, go to page 1, if it loads significantly faster for you, I will replace the large images with the smaller ones.

Okay, I redid, pages 1 and pages 14-20 with the smaller images. Please let me know if this helps.

LOL! Yes, I can imagine your consternation! But, life is too short to stress over ink in a pen, unless, of course it is a demonstrator or is difficult to clean. I guess I just clash every way - right now I have R&K Solferino in a Copperorange Lamy Al-Star, and DeAtramentis Mint Turquoise in my Red Aurora Ipsilon. But the one ink that almost always goes in my Lamy Studio Wild Rubin (with 18K fine pt. nib) is L'Artisan Pastelier Callifolio Bleu Mediterreanee. It must be love because they work so well together. But my Bexley Elegante has no morals at all - that pen does well with any ink!

"Today will be gone in less than 24 hours. When it is gone, it is gone. Be wise, but enjoy! - anonymous today

Okay, I redid, pages 1 and pages 14-20 with the smaller images. Please let me know if this helps.

Yay!.

Son is downloading the internet, and I can still view Amber's scans.

fpn_1412827311__pg_d_104def64.gif

“Them as can do has to do for them as can’t.

And someone has to speak up for them as has no voices.”

Granny Aching

That's a LOT of work involved!

I will do it if it really helps.

http://www.sheismylawyer.com/2016-Ink/03-March/slides/2016-03-13_05.jpg

http://www.sheismylawyer.com/2016-Ink/03-March/slides/2016-03-13_04.jpg