Parker '51' Aero Pencil Barrel Crack Repair?

octatonic

Hi All-

Please forgive the question if it has been answered before-I did a search and didn't come up with much for a '51' Aero pencil repair. I am a relative newbie and had read somewhere that the '51' pencil barrels are not the same (lucite) as the pens. I have a pencil with a crack in the barrel that I would like to stabilize so that it doesn't get any worse. It will be a user pencil for me, so I am not super concerned with cosmetics, but certainly don't want to do any harm, or use the wrong stuff. What should I use to stabilize the crack? I have attached a close-up picture.

Thanks in advance for any and all guidance!-

post-106042-0-34806300-1448959525_thumb.jpg

Octatonic

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• octatonic

• framebaer

• jaxxon

• FarmBoy

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I believe the cost to repair that crack would far exceed the value of a user pencil. Possibly easier to pick up a used barrel

A pen show would be a good place to search if possible.

Regards and good luck

Jaxxon

A replacement black pencil barrel is a 5$ item and most of that is postage and fees.

San Francisco International Pen Show - The next “Funnest Pen Show” is on schedule for August 23-24-25, 2024.  Watch the show website for registration details. 

My PM box is usually full. Just email me: my last name at the google mail address.

Thank you both for the replies! If I tried to fix it for practice, is there a particular glue or cement that would work on this material?

Thanks!-

Edited by octatonic

Octatonic

weld on #3

Sensitive Pen Restoration doesn't cost extra.

Find me on Facebook at MONOMOY VINTAGE PEN