Where To Get Spare L2K Nibs

Martinsroom

Hi everyone,

Any idea where I might be able to get hold of a fine nib for my Lamy 2000 in the UK? I'm finding the medium nib a bit too wide for work.

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• GSteer

• Martinsroom

• sirgilbert357

• dfo

Top Posters In This Topic

Lamy 2000 nibs are hard to come by.

First, I would suggest that you look at some of the similar threads on FPN.

If the pen is new, you could always send in your pen to Lamy for a nib exchange. Otherwise, check out the big-name action sites.

Edited by dfo

Daniel

The challenge of modernity is to live without illusions and without becoming disillusioned.

Gramsci

I have a Lamy 2000 on its way to me now and have been researching nibs lately. From what I can tell, Lamy Ratio nibs are compatible with 2000's, but they are steel, not gold. Another option is the Lamy 27 nibs from 27's that have the straight or flat bottomed barrels (non cigar shaped--the cigars shaped ones are 27e's and the nibs won't work in the 2000's).

As to where to get actual gold nibs that fit, I don't know. Maybe some Ratios or 27's come with gold nibs? Worth exploring...I've yet to find any documentation on that though.

EDIT: anyone know where to buy aforementioned Lamy 27 or Ratio nibs? I wouldn't want to cannibalize a whole pen just for its nib, but...

Edited by sirgilbert357

Cousin... you know I have a spare !

Edited by GSteer

"...using a fountain pen should feel like riding a unicorn through a field of cupcakes during a rainstorm of scotch while eating bacon" - Dan Smith

"Never trust a man who, when left alone in a room with a tea cosy, doesn't try it on" - Billy Connolly

Folks, asking for advice where to find something is OK.

But NO TRADING or offering in the forum please. You can contact someone through PM if you have something important to say to him/her.

D.ick

Moderator.

~

KEEP SAFE, WEAR A MASK, KEEP A DISTANCE.

Freedom exists by virtue of self limitation.

~

My apologies D.ick, he literally is my cousin though. I'll stick to the sanctity of PMs in the future.

"...using a fountain pen should feel like riding a unicorn through a field of cupcakes during a rainstorm of scotch while eating bacon" - Dan Smith

"Never trust a man who, when left alone in a room with a tea cosy, doesn't try it on" - Billy Connolly