The Weekly Sketch ~ Themed Drawing Prompts For Members

Pira

SnowBear, I like the hat... (Helmet is a nice twist) I have never tried the brighter inks.... keep thinking i will buy some, but with a cabinet full of blues and blacks it is hard to justify... thanks for posting... i like it.

You're welcome. Still working on the shoe but my original idea isn't working out as I had planned, so might switch feet ;)

• Replies 575
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• snowbear

• amberleadavis

• Tas

• Pira

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Northstar - that horse is amazing.

Fountain pens are my preferred COLOR DELIVERY SYSTEM (in part because crayons melt in Las Vegas).

Create a Ghostly Avatar and I'll send you a letter. Check out some Ink comparisons: The Great PPS Comparison 

Don't know where to start?  Look at the Inky Topics O'day.  Then, see inks sorted by color: Blue Purple Brown Red Green Dark Green Orange Black Pinks Yellows Blue-Blacks Grey/Gray UVInks Turquoise/Teal MURKY

http://s5.postimg.org/uow9v5cmf/Shoes1c.jpg

Parker 51

Montblanc Meisterstuck Blue Hour.

Awesome.

Fountain pens are my preferred COLOR DELIVERY SYSTEM (in part because crayons melt in Las Vegas).

Create a Ghostly Avatar and I'll send you a letter. Check out some Ink comparisons: The Great PPS Comparison 

Don't know where to start?  Look at the Inky Topics O'day.  Then, see inks sorted by color: Blue Purple Brown Red Green Dark Green Orange Black Pinks Yellows Blue-Blacks Grey/Gray UVInks Turquoise/Teal MURKY

Well Amberleadavis, here is a shoe study... started poorly, but ended with me having a bit more of a clue on how to draw a shoe...

fpn_1463287658__shoes_on_desk.jpg

I totally love what you have been doing. Thank you.

Quick reminder, links to offsite / other blogs will be removed. If you have pictures that you want to share (and are appropriate per our rules), post the pictures here.

Snowbear, I love the avatar. I love polars.

Quick reminder, links to offsite / other blogs will be removed. If you have pictures that you want to share (and are appropriate per our rules), post the pictures here.

Ahhh, again a new rule?

I was not aware of this rule.

Also it seem not to be valid for you, as you e.g. refer to:

http://www.sheismylawyer.com/2016-Ink/index.html

Only a rule for ordinary members, not for moderators?

I also can't find this rule in the FPN rule section, please give me a reference.

I read in the FPN rules:

"Please do post helpful links. The Fountain Pen Network is part of the larger pen community, and we should all be assisting each other."

So unless the FPN rules are not outdated please restore my helpful link!

Otherwise remove your outside references and thousands of other out links also from FPN and update the FPN rules section!

I treat this again as arbitrary iron fisted censorship against me, I did not expected this from you :(

I must admit this really honestly puzzles me. There are countless thousands of posts on here with links to offsite blogs, other web-sites or off-site sales sites, either in the body of the post or, even more frequently, in the 'signature' part. Yet they are left unchallenged. Moderators themselves often link to their own websites or blogs.

If there must be such a restrictive rule at least it should be consistently moderated.

Verba volant, scripta manent

Ahhh, again a new rule?

I was not aware of this rule.

Also it seem not to be valid for you, as you e.g. refer to:

http://www.sheismylawyer.com/2016-Ink/index.html

Only a rule for ordinary members, not for moderators?

I also can't find this rule in the FPN rule section, please give me a reference.

I read in the FPN rules:

"Please do post helpful links. The Fountain Pen Network is part of the larger pen community, and we should all be assisting each other."

So unless the FPN rules are not outdated please restore my helpful link!

Otherwise remove your outside references and thousands of other out links also from FPN and update the FPN rules section!

I treat this again as arbitrary iron fisted censorship against me, I did not expected this from you :(

Section B, listed item 17:

"In a subject discussed on The Fountain Pen Network, links to other sites (including links to Blogs) may only be posted by approved and paying Premium Account Holders."

This is nothing new. Since I've been here the moderators have enforced it--why should you be treated any differently? Are the rules not valid to yourself?

I could be wrong, but this isn't the first time they removed a link of yours to the other site?

Please take this to private message with the mods.

I must admit this really honestly puzzles me. There are countless thousands of posts on here with links to offsite blogs, other web-sites or off-site sales sites, either in the body of the post or, even more frequently, in the 'signature' part. Yet they are left unchallenged. Moderators themselves often link to their own websites or blogs.

If there must be such a restrictive rule at least it should be consistently moderated.

In section B of the guidelines it makes reference to link in signatures being okay.

The mods do the best they can and will miss some posts with self-serving links. This is to be expected. However, because they miss some posts doesn't make the rule obsolete.

Ink, a drug.

― Vladimir Nabokov, Bend Sinister

Instagram:
a.transient.life

Awesome.

Suits LV ;)

Recite, and your Lord is the most Generous  Who taught by the pen

Taught man that which he knew not (96/3-5)

Snailmail3.png Snail Mail 

In section B of the guidelines it makes reference to link in signatures being okay.

The mods do the best they can and will miss some posts with self-serving links. This is to be expected. However, because they miss some posts doesn't make the rule obsolete.

But that's even more puzzling. What's the difference between a link in a post & a link, often in big coloured bold font, in the signature? I'm not being argumentative - I just honestly don't understand the logic.

And the mods may miss some posts, but it doesn't explain why it's ok for some themselves to link to other sites in the body of their post.

Verba volant, scripta manent

First and foremost, I did not and have not posted to an outside blog. I imbedded a link. You too can do this by clicking on the little tree above and past the URL to the hosted image. The image that are hosted on the site Petro links are IMAGES ONLY not commentary. I did not link to an outside BLOG, but imbedded an image. I don't even recall sharing that particular link since it isn't particularly relevant to most posts. If you don't understand, read the rules again, or take it offline via a PM.

Second, I have donated time and money for a premium account which would allow me to link to an outside blog.

Finally, Arguing with a Mod is absolutely against the rules and the link to an unapproved outside blog will not be reinserted.

While not every infraction is reported, commented upon, or redacted, the inconsistent enforcement does not change if it is a rule violation.