The Weekly Sketch ~ Themed Drawing Prompts For Members

Pira

fpn_1462675619__time.jpg

So what happens between 9:30 PM and 6:30 AM... PARTY!!! http://smileys.on-my-web.com/repository/MSN_Emoticons/MSN-Emoticon-dancer-013.gif

fpn_1481652911__bauerinkslogo03.jpg
**** BauerInks.ca ****

**** MORE.... Robert Oster Signature INKS ****

**** NICK STEWART - KWZI INKs TEST ****

"The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it's the illusion of knowledge." -Stephen Hawking,

• Replies 575
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• snowbear

• amberleadavis

• Tas

• Pira

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Very pretty.

Fountain pens are my preferred COLOR DELIVERY SYSTEM (in part because crayons melt in Las Vegas).

Create a Ghostly Avatar and I'll send you a letter. Check out some Ink comparisons: The Great PPS Comparison 

Don't know where to start?  Look at the Inky Topics O'day.  Then, see inks sorted by color: Blue Purple Brown Red Green Dark Green Orange Black Pinks Yellows Blue-Blacks Grey/Gray UVInks Turquoise/Teal MURKY

Very pretty.

Thank you :)

Waiting for next theme

Recite, and your Lord is the most Generous  Who taught by the pen

Taught man that which he knew not (96/3-5)

Snailmail3.png Snail Mail 

Shoe

Fountain pens are my preferred COLOR DELIVERY SYSTEM (in part because crayons melt in Las Vegas).

Create a Ghostly Avatar and I'll send you a letter. Check out some Ink comparisons: The Great PPS Comparison 

Don't know where to start?  Look at the Inky Topics O'day.  Then, see inks sorted by color: Blue Purple Brown Red Green Dark Green Orange Black Pinks Yellows Blue-Blacks Grey/Gray UVInks Turquoise/Teal MURKY

So what happens between 9:30 PM and 6:30 AM... PARTY!!! http://smileys.on-my-web.com/repository/MSN_Emoticons/MSN-Emoticon-dancer-013.gif

YEAH BABY! Had to redraw as I pitched the prior... LOL...

fpn_1462923057__caff.jpg

Did not have the PC up so my times and thoughts wandered a bit from the original... LOL...

If you think everything is going well... you obviously have no idea what is really going on!

YEAH BABY! Had to redraw as I pitched the prior... LOL...

fpn_1462923057__caff.jpg

Did not have the PC up so my times and thoughts wandered a bit from the original... LOL...

ROFLOL!!! :lol: :lol:

fpn_1481652911__bauerinkslogo03.jpg
**** BauerInks.ca ****

**** MORE.... Robert Oster Signature INKS ****

**** NICK STEWART - KWZI INKs TEST ****

"The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it's the illusion of knowledge." -Stephen Hawking,

Hey, what would happen if we took on a twist to the theme approach...

Sports week... anything sports related... keep it clean and be creative...

Music week.... yes, music related... cover art, instruments, sheet music, use your imagination! Keep it clean and keep it coming.

Science week....you get the gist...

Literature.... OK, this could be tricky so not entirely sure where this could go...

just thinking that multiple submissions would be cool.. think of the sports week... sports card art of your favorite players!

Not sure if this is a good idea or not, thoughts...?

For now amberleadavis has me entirely stumped with a shoe.

Cheers..

If you think everything is going well... you obviously have no idea what is really going on!

Cheers..

Amber surprises me, is it possible that she is also lurking around on FPGeeks and took over Pira's weekly sketch thread theme from there? ;)

If you want to get an inspiration, come over and take a look at our shoe contributions there.

You are always welcome. :)

Hey, what would happen if we took on a twist to the theme approach...

Sports week... anything sports related... keep it clean and be creative...

Music week.... yes, music related... cover art, instruments, sheet music, use your imagination! Keep it clean and keep it coming.

Science week....you get the gist...

Literature.... OK, this could be tricky so not entirely sure where this could go...

just thinking that multiple submissions would be cool.. think of the sports week... sports card art of your favorite players!

Not sure if this is a good idea or not, thoughts...?

Cheers..

I agree. Themes would be fun. :)

While the long string of objects listed since the threads inception had a purpose, it's rather static. :c/

A change would be delightful, something a bit more open to interpretation would be more fitting.

Ink, a drug.

― Vladimir Nabokov, Bend Sinister

Instagram:
a.transient.life

I agree. Themes would be fun. :)

While the long string of objects listed since the threads inception had a purpose, it's rather static. :c/

A change would be delightful, something a bit more open to interpretation would be more fitting.

I´m not sure if this can work here, last time I interpreted a theme openly I got censored. ;)

I´m not sure if this can work here, last time I interpreted a theme openly I got censored. ;)

It can. You don't have to participate if you feel otherwise. B)

Ink, a drug.

Instagram:
a.transient.life

Amber surprises me, is it possible that she is also lurking around on FPGeeks and took over Pira's weekly sketch thread theme from there? ;)

If you want to get an inspiration, come over and take a look at our shoe contributions there.

Looking at the three person participation of the thread on the other site, I can understand why you're looking to solicit participation from here. :c/

Ink, a drug.

Instagram:
a.transient.life

I like Prvt. Toter's suggestion. Another possibility is to use themes that are a bit more abstract: The Letter "A", "Green", etc.

Edited by snowbear

Here's a hat; no cat.

Speedball B-6 with Apache Sunset & FW Lemon Yellow acrylic ink, Lamy Al-Star fine with Lamy blue and a Zebra V301 with Zebra black. I left the pencil marks on this one.

Edited by snowbear

Nope, great minds just think alike. Hats, shoes and then gloves ... sports gloves probably.

Well Amberleadavis, here is a shoe study... started poorly, but ended with me having a bit more of a clue on how to draw a shoe...

fpn_1463287658__shoes_on_desk.jpg

Well done Prvt. Toter.

The left boot reminds me strongly on a YouTube tutorial I saw (also as preparation to draw). , Iˋm just wondering if you saw it also. :)

Haruka, I participated here for years with passion, but the recent happened things forced me to stop.

I only look a little bit anymore and comment now and then (only posts I don't mind when they disappear again, nothing I have to put any efforts into it).

Well done Prvt. Toter.

The left boot reminds me strongly on a YouTube tutorial I saw (also as preparation to draw). , Iˋm just wondering if you saw it also. :)

Haruka, I participated here for years with passion, but the recent happened things forced me to stop.

I only look a little bit anymore and comment now and then (only posts I don't mind when they disappear again, nothing I have to put any efforts into it).

Ptero, yes if you could zoom in next to the boot you would see. fpn_1463313892__tutorial.jpg i basically followed his drawing lesson, as I stated earlier, i struggle with shoes and feet. i have done several studies in the past to improve. I really enjoy the MARKCRILLEY videos and he does a weekly post that is good stuff. As i noted on my poorly photographed sketch, check him out on youtube. The other two leg sets (pencil) are from his tutorials as well.

SnowBear, I like the hat... (Helmet is a nice twist) I have never tried the brighter inks.... keep thinking i will buy some, but with a cabinet full of blues and blacks it is hard to justify... thanks for posting... i like it.

Edited by Prvt. Toter

Yeah, the tutorial is quite good, the buckles in my second shoe drawing are also influenced by it.
I have to take a look at his other ones also.