The Weekly Sketch ~ Themed Drawing Prompts For Members

Pira

Welcome aboard. I remember having a beater like that one. The handle was different, but the operation was the same.

• Replies 575
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• snowbear

• amberleadavis

• Tas

• Pira

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Thanks snow bear & milkbOat - I love all of your sketches here (unitil now I haven`t really been aware of these two sketch-threads - very inspiring :)

Themes: March 2016

March 6 - 12

#18 ~ a battery ....rechargable, disposable, small, large....you choose.

March 13 - 19

#19 ~ a shell of an aquatic creature

March 20 - 26

#20 ~ backview of a chair

March 27 - April 2nd

#21 ~ a measuring device ~ length/weight/temperature, your choice

InCoWriMo really took a bite out of this place, but I am happy to see that some people are still making the effort to participate.

Of course I was not one of them;up to my gills writing in January then being utterly snowed under with projects in February. I seem to have completely misplaced a month!!

Wecome Polenova ~ beautiful sketch :)

Pterodactylus ~ you rock the phone theme...and liquid...and thing atop ones head. Do you actually wear one of those or is it just kicking around the house gathering dust?

SNAK...dude I hear you....and I'm the one that makes up the weekly themes. I am just going to do what I can do when I can do it and recommend the same to others. Don't sweat it. Life comes first...this is just fun.

Snowbear ~ love the hat. I am so done with hats right now...I wear them all year, but in the winter it's just an unrelenting case of bad hat head to the point of tears. Great spilled ink....They have been doing a lot of road work around here and a few blocks from there some neighbourhood cat has done something similar with the sidewalk =^..^= Like your coloured pencil drawing. Honestly I want to do some sketches in something other than pen ...because I work in those all the time, every day and hanker for a reason to use a different medium.

Sailor Kenshin ~ LOL your hat to be!!! That's wonderful :D

Milkb0at ~ that head gear reminds me of the one I use for fine lines when drawing...I look like a mad professor wearing my jewellery magnifying headgear!! Important thing with the pens is to just keep playing. I've finally weaned myself from not only Sakura microns but fountain pens, to dip pens with vintage nibs for drawing. I'm not entirely comfortable with them yet but keep at it one line at a time. I like that I can choose the ink I use from moment to moment. Not convenient for travel ...but I have my Platinum Carbon desk pens for that.

Here is my nib sample list I did for myself last month:

24931620994_29cbf5727d_b.jpgNib comparison Feb 2016 by Pira Urosevic, on Flickr

Okay folks ~ thank-you again for continuing to contribute to this thread. I look forward to seeing what you make of this months' list.

Thank you, Pira, and thank you for coming up with the themes. I like your nib reference; I do that with inks, paints and pencil colors so I'll have to include nibs, as well.

http://www.sheismylawyer.com/2016-Ink/03-March/2016-03-07_04.jpg

Fountain pens are my preferred COLOR DELIVERY SYSTEM (in part because crayons melt in Las Vegas).

Create a Ghostly Avatar and I'll send you a letter. Check out some Ink comparisons: The Great PPS Comparison 

Don't know where to start?  Look at the Inky Topics O'day.  Then, see inks sorted by color: Blue Purple Brown Red Green Dark Green Orange Black Pinks Yellows Blue-Blacks Grey/Gray UVInks Turquoise/Teal MURKY

http://www.sheismylawyer.com/2016-Ink/03-March/2016-03-07_03.jpg

Fountain pens are my preferred COLOR DELIVERY SYSTEM (in part because crayons melt in Las Vegas).

Create a Ghostly Avatar and I'll send you a letter. Check out some Ink comparisons: The Great PPS Comparison 

Don't know where to start?  Look at the Inky Topics O'day.  Then, see inks sorted by color: Blue Purple Brown Red Green Dark Green Orange Black Pinks Yellows Blue-Blacks Grey/Gray UVInks Turquoise/Teal MURKY

http://www.sheismylawyer.com/2016-Ink/03-March/2016-03-07_02.jpg

http://www.sheismylawyer.com/2016-Ink/03-March/2016-03-07_01.jpg

Woohoo! A new sketcher person!

(whispers: ya jumped the gun a bit on some of them.) ;)

Edited by snowbear

Nah, I was just too far behind to start up again so I just took the most recent list. Also, since mine are pretty basic and not exciting, this encourages others (or at least that's what I tell myself).

fpn_1457502291__cell1.jpg

fpn_1457502342__cell2.jpg

If you think everything is going well... you obviously have no idea what is really going on!

Prvt. Toter, looks great, which program did you used to colorate the digital version?

It's been a long time since we saw same drawings from you, I hope you post more often again. :)

Tas, thanks, great admirer or your work...

Ptero.... long time away, some times work has a way of running away with me... good to stop in and see some friends now and again... your post still make me grin... good stuff and great work.

the digital version was from Autodesk's Sketchbook Pro...

Today I did a very quick (10 minutes) sketch of a shell of an aquatic creature... A Seawolf class submarine... maybe I will come back and digitize later...

fpn_1457790724__img_20160312_084817.jpg

Snapped a photo with the Ipad, then about ten more minutes with 53Paper app..

fpn_1457796317__intodeepdark.jpg

Edited by Prvt. Toter

If you think everything is going well... you obviously have no idea what is really going on!

Very nice, Prvt Toter - I really like the sub idea.

BTW, my lovely wife is from Monroe, MI; still a bunch of relatives there.